Japan Merchandise 2017

OK, I am calling off work to go to Yokohama.  Not gonna see the show, just trying to get MERCH!

PM me if you are going and wanna exchange info for a meet up.

No idea how hard/easy it will be to obtain lithos, but if you're interested in a Yokohama litho send me a PM or forever hold your peace.

Oh also, maninjapan...the merch booth is outside the venue right?  Meaning we don't need a ticket to the show in order to buy stuff?   Cause that would end my plans right there.

7 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

OK, I am calling off work to go to Yokohama.  Not gonna see the show, just trying to get MERCH!

PM me if you are going and wanna exchange info for a meet up.

No idea how hard/easy it will be to obtain lithos, but if you're interested in a Yokohama litho send me a PM or forever hold your peace.

Oh also, maninjapan...the merch booth is outside the venue right?  Meaning we don't need a ticket to the show in order to buy stuff?   Cause that would end my plans right there.

Yes, that's correct. The merch booths are all in one area and there were signs saying "グッズ販売" ("merch sales" essentially) with an arrow. You don't need a ticket to buy merch.

Taking a day off is probably the right thing to do if you're serious about merch. If you go really early (ie, hours and hours before the doors open) then you stand a really good chance of getting what you want. It also helps if you're not actually planning to attend the concert because then you're not conflicted about lining up for merchandise or lining up to get into the pit.

All of the Baby Metal performance, I was pushing forward. But I got hold of the front rail pretty early in the GNR set and never let go. I'm a tall and big guy so although I could tell everyone was being super protective of their position, it's really only a matter of time for someone of my build :lol:

In 25+ years of going to concerts, I have NEVER, not even once, not been able to get to the front of a pit :headbang:

But in Japan, it feels like a different beast. Perhaps I've lived in Japan too long and I don't want to be rude to Japanese people, or maybe just because Japanese people are used to cramming together like sardines but I did feel like getting to the front was more difficult than it looked. I thought it was going to be easy because I was literally the tallest, biggest person I could see but they hung in there better than I thought they would.

I'm just curious though... what is your plan about merch on Saturday? Surely you're not going to try to buy merch AFTER the show so what are you going to do with it during the show? Maybe offer to take a friend to dinner if they come and stand in the merch line for you and take it home with them so the lithos don't get damaged? :lol:

I live in Saitama so I've asked a friend that owes me one to come and take my merch home after I get it!  It's only 20 minutes by train.

I'm also a big guy, so I plan on using that to my advantage.  I'm generally very polite to everyone but this time, I'm gonna be an asshole!  I don't necessarily need to be front row or anything but I wanna get close enough to see Axl and Slash.

Question...what are the dimensions of the lithographs?   Do they just hand them to you flat at the booth or roll them?

Don't really know about here, but in Vegas, they were just handing them to you flat and you had to deal with everything else.

I was thinking about using one of these lockers you can find in a lot of Japanese train stations, but not 100% sure if Kikuna station have some.

Lithos are 18 (~46cm) x 24 (~61cm).

I'll be there around 2pm, what about you?

Edited by Nalbi

5 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Yokohama?

I'm gonna go with a buddy who's obsessed with Babymetal.  It takes about 90 minutes or so from Saitama...not sure when we'll arrive but probably before 2.

Yes, I'm attending the show and definitely need at least one litho.

Hopefully 2pm will do it but I may need your help if not.

Edited by Nalbi

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I live in Saitama so I've asked a friend that owes me one to come and take my merch home after I get it!  It's only 20 minutes by train.

I'm also a big guy, so I plan on using that to my advantage.  I'm generally very polite to everyone but this time, I'm gonna be an asshole!  I don't necessarily need to be front row or anything but I wanna get close enough to see Axl and Slash.

Question...what are the dimensions of the lithographs?   Do they just hand them to you flat at the booth or roll them?

18" x 24"

They are very thick stock so very difficult to roll. They hand them to you flat at the booth and the girl provides you with one plastic bag and one rubber band for each litho and you're pretty much on your own. Pray it's not raining!

Guys, bring rubber bands with you.  In Atlanta and San Diego they didn't provide any, so I had to buy a GNR rubber wristband to use in ATL, but even that was really tough to use because these things don't like to be rolled too tight because the paper is so thick.

Also, best of luck scoring lithos, all the Japan lithos are great.

Edited by liqddynamite

3 hours ago, Duff80 said:

Where I can buy the Samurai Bullet shirt...any idea???

No, sorry. I have been looking around on Ebay for other stuff though, and have come across bootlegged shirts of prior NITL concerts. If you don't mind wearing 'fake' gear, it might be worth a look at some point in the future.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

On 1/23/2017 at 5:25 PM, Nalbi said:

I was thinking about using one of these lockers you can find in a lot of Japanese train stations, but not 100% sure if Kikuna station have some.

Probably, but you should bring a poster tube just in case.

On 1/22/2017 at 10:23 PM, amaninjapan said:

a pic for those wanting to trade lithos - holler if you have something!

Zm8Scnz.jpg

Fuck me!