Japan Merchandise 2017

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

Yokohama is almost as rare.  And it's an awesome image.  Just not as good as the Kobe one.

Especially since the two of us already got 3% of them! :lol:

Edited by Nalbi

Just now, Foxhillsboy said:

I have question for people who went to the concert in Japan and already purchased official merchandise at the concert.  Can we buy merchandise by credit card or must be cash only?  And the price for t -shirt is JPY4,000 with tax?  Thank you.

absolutely cash only. it's just a tent with merch and the staff don't even have cash registers. they quite literally are stuffing money into plastic bags.

yes it includes tax.

1 minute ago, amaninjapan said:

absolutely cash only. it's just a tent with merch and the staff don't even have cash registers. they quite literally are stuffing money into plastic bags.

yes it includes tax.

Oh thank you for your quick reply.  So they are selling the stuffs until the end of the concert?  I plan to ask my friend to go there and buy some t shirts for me but not sure what should be a good time to be there.

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Merch booth opens at 1.  I imagine there will be a line forming....probably already!!

The lithographs will be the most difficult items to obtain.

Can we buy during the show?  Since my friend will not watch the concert anyway because he has no ticket.

10 minutes ago, Foxhillsboy said:

Oh thank you for your quick reply.  So they are selling the stuffs until the end of the concert?  I plan to ask my friend to go there and buy some t shirts for me but not sure what should be a good time to be there.

they are selling until it runs out.

the lines are huuuuuuuuuge so if you want a good chance of getting merch then i recommend your friend go early rather than during or after the concert.

2 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

they are selling until it runs out.

the lines are huuuuuuuuuge so if you want a good chance of getting merch then i recommend your friend go early rather than during or after the concert.

Thank you for your suggestion.  I will try telling him to do so. 

7 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Merch booth opens at 1.  I imagine there will be a line forming....probably already!!

The lithographs will be the most difficult items to obtain.

I agree about the lithographs being the most difficult to obtain but there will definitely be more stock of the Saitama versions. Kobe was only 150 and Yokohama was only 250 because they had venue capacities of only 8k and 17k respectively. I think Saitama holds the same amount as Kyocera Dome... so probably around 750 lithographs available?

Then again you'll probably be competing against more people...

by the way, I can't remember who was looking for the samurai swords t-shirt in Large, but there are quite a few on Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Pretty much double the sale price or more... but they are available if you're willing to pay. Honestly nowhere near as bad a markup as the lithographs

http://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/RV=1/RU=aHR0cDovL3BhZ2UxMy5hdWN0aW9ucy55YWhvby5jby5qcC9qcC9hdWN0aW9uL3IxNzcxOTg0NDk-;_ylt=A7dPGOYyyItYWEwARBxAPDh8;_ylu=X3oDMTBhYnRuYjNrBHZ0aWQDQVMwMTc-

7 minutes ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

Were the merchandise sellers American? So you have to speak English to them? Or were they Japanese?

they're Japanese. they're event staff, not tour staff.

There's a photo catalog in front of you when you get to the counter, just point to what you want if you can't speak Japanese

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The fucking merchandise lines were next level insane. 100 people lined up at 7am. I have video on my phone but I don't know how to share it. I have never seen a line like that. 

Welcome to every line in Japan, ever

Japanese people will line up for an hour for a bowl of ramen as long as it's limited edition.

7 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

No problem man, good luck!

When are you going? Tomorrow night? If so, I would love it if you get get me a lithograph!

If I could get you one, I would! I'm going to Finland's 7.1.2017 show, I just thought that if the merchandise sellers are Japanese in Japan, they will be Finnish in Finland. :lol:

Edited by The Cosmic Ted

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That's normal for Japan? I thought it was just because GNR are huge over there. Why do they do it? I ain't never seen anything like that. 

Are GnR huge here? Maybe...? I suppose? I would say they're pretty average as far as overseas bands go. I don't mean that in a negative way, I just mean they are just as popular as any other similar overseas band of roughly the same era. If Aerosmith or Bon Jovi or U2 toured, Japan would go nuts in just the same way. Probably moreso for Bon Jovi or U2 or Rolling Stones.

To answer your question, I think there's a couple of reasons. One is, there are just so many people in the cities where most bands play, it's inevitable that there will be 30 or 40 thousand people who want to see the concert. The Greater Tokyo Metropolitan area is home to 40 million people. Just think about that for a moment. That's more than double the population of the Greater Los Angeles area in less than two-thirds the amount of space. The Kansai area (Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe) is home to 20 million people. So any reasonably famous or popular band will get a large amount of fans in Japan.

Secondly, Japanese just love to line up for shit. A lot of Japanese people work hard and don't get too many days off. So if they only have one day in a month where their schedule lines up with doing something they want to do, then they do it. They don't care if they have to line up for three hours for a table somewhere because that's the only day they get a chance. So it doesn't matter if it's a rare concert ticket, a rare meal, if they can line up, they will.

4 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Are GnR huge here? Maybe...? I suppose? I would say they're pretty average as far as overseas bands go. I don't mean that in a negative way, I just mean they are just as popular as any other similar overseas band of roughly the same era. If Aerosmith or Bon Jovi or U2 toured, Japan would go nuts in just the same way. Probably moreso for Bon Jovi or U2 or Rolling Stones.

To answer your question, I think there's a couple of reasons. One is, there are just so many people in the cities where most bands play, it's inevitable that there will be 30 or 40 thousand people who want to see the concert. The Greater Tokyo Metropolitan area is home to 40 million people. Just think about that for a moment. That's more than double the population of the Greater Los Angeles area in less than two-thirds the amount of space. The Kansai area (Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe) is home to 20 million people. So any reasonably famous or popular band will get a large amount of fans in Japan.

Secondly, Japanese just love to line up for shit. A lot of Japanese people work hard and don't get too many days off. So if they only have one day in a month where their schedule lines up with doing something they want to do, then they do it. They don't care if they have to line up for three hours for a table somewhere because that's the only day they get a chance. So it doesn't matter if it's a rare concert ticket, a rare meal, if they can line up, they will.

Thank you for taking the time to write this. 40 million in the Tokyo area is a fact I was unaware of.

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

Welcome to every line in Japan, ever

Japanese people will line up for an hour for a bowl of ramen as long as it's limited edition.

They were not even that crazy about the lithographs, most people just wanted shirts.