Japan Merchandise 2017

11 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

by the way, I can't remember who was looking for the samurai swords t-shirt in Large, but there are quite a few on Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Pretty much double the sale price or more... but they are available if you're willing to pay. Honestly nowhere near as bad a markup as the lithographs

http://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/RV=1/RU=aHR0cDovL3BhZ2UxMy5hdWN0aW9ucy55YWhvby5jby5qcC9qcC9hdWN0aW9uL3IxNzcxOTg0NDk-;_ylt=A7dPGOYyyItYWEwARBxAPDh8;_ylu=X3oDMTBhYnRuYjNrBHZ0aWQDQVMwMTc-

Thanks for the link!

I'm going to score a shirt, don't care about paying double because I was always willing to anyway :D 

3 hours ago, Nalbi said:

They were not even that crazy about the lithographs, most people just wanted shirts. 

I think the shirts are more... cool? One of the weird facts that I've learned about Japanese culture compared to the western culture I originally grew up with (Europe and the US), is that Japanese people rarely entertain at home. In the US and the like, it's pretty common to invite people to your home for a beer or a meal, or if you're close friends maybe come over to watch a game or a movie or something. But this is not common at all in Japan. Even my wife (who is Japanese) almost never invites friends to our home. 99% of time, it's more like "let's meet at this cafe or this restaurant, they say the food is really good". Because of this, I think a lithograph hanging up on your wall at home would probably go unappreciated by everyone other than you. But a shirt? You could wear that to the next party or the next concert or whatever as a badge of honor as if to say "I went to this concert!"

16 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I agree about the lithographs being the most difficult to obtain but there will definitely be more stock of the Saitama versions. Kobe was only 150 and Yokohama was only 250 because they had venue capacities of only 8k and 17k respectively. I think Saitama holds the same amount as Kyocera Dome... so probably around 750 lithographs available?

Then again you'll probably be competing against more people...

Time to limit the lithographs to one or two per customer. I'm tired of people hoarding them so they can rape fellow GNR fans on eBay. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Foxhillsboy said:

I would like to thank estrangedtwat and amaninjapan for information.  My friend went there and got t shirt for me (Not the Godzilla one, of course T T). He told me that even with the long line but the system was good so the line quite moved faster than his expectation. 

Depending on how much you want to spend, there are many Godzilla shirts on Yahoo Auctions. Of course they're not cheap but they're not SUPER expensive either.

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I think the shirts are more... cool? One of the weird facts that I've learned about Japanese culture compared to the western culture I originally grew up with (Europe and the US), is that Japanese people rarely entertain at home. In the US and the like, it's pretty common to invite people to your home for a beer or a meal, or if you're close friends maybe come over to watch a game or a movie or something. But this is not common at all in Japan. Even my wife (who is Japanese) almost never invites friends to our home. 99% of time, it's more like "let's meet at this cafe or this restaurant, they say the food is really good". Because of this, I think a lithograph hanging up on your wall at home would probably go unappreciated by everyone other than you. But a shirt? You could wear that to the next party or the next concert or whatever as a badge of honor as if to say "I went to this concert!"

As an Asian (but not Japanese), I am more into t shirts than Lithograph as well because I like the arts on the shirts and don't want to put anything on my wall or on the table.  But that just me and people are interested in different things which is a good thing.  Also, from what you explained, that's quite alike my family too.  We always hang out outside and rarely invite friends (except relatives) to have a party at our home.  Maybe because we are lazy to clean things up after party. Ha Ha Ha

15 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Depending on how much you want to spend, there are many Godzilla shirts on Yahoo Auctions. Of course they're not cheap but they're not SUPER expensive either.

Thank you for your info.  The problem is I never use Yahoo Auctions at all and from my little research, I may a need more time to get used to its system.  Maybe I will try getting reliable proxy to help me on this.

Edited by Foxhillsboy

I can understand people liking t-shirts. I have two problems with it though. First is that t-shirts wear out. I would be crushed if my favorite shirt was limited edition and eventually faded/ripped/stained. I have many shirts that I used to love and now they just look faded and crap... and now they're more wear-when-sleeping t-shirts, which I think is sad.

Second problem is that I am a big guy - I'm 6'4", 215lbs and 99% of my clothes and shoes I get from the US via the internet because I simply don't fit into Japanese sizes. Sometimes I might fit into an XXL at Uniqlo but usually only outerwear like a jacket rather than a shirt. I've never seen any major shoe brand retailer in Japan sell shoes in my size (US 13) - most Nike/Adidas/etc stores in Japan only go up to about an 11

8 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I can understand people liking t-shirts. I have two problems with it though. First is that t-shirts wear out. I would be crushed if my favorite shirt was limited edition and eventually faded/ripped/stained. I have many shirts that I used to love and now they just look faded and crap... and now they're more wear-when-sleeping t-shirts, which I think is sad.

Second problem is that I am a big guy - I'm 6'4", 215lbs and 99% of my clothes and shoes I get from the US via the internet because I simply don't fit into Japanese sizes. Sometimes I might fit into an XXL at Uniqlo but usually only outerwear like a jacket rather than a shirt. I've never seen any major shoe brand retailer in Japan sell shoes in my size (US 13) - most Nike/Adidas/etc stores in Japan only go up to about an 11

I understand you especially for the sizing which most Asians are not as big as people from other region (US or Europe).  For the issue of wear out, I also had some t shirts in the past (90s) which I really like and now it's worn out or gone and sometimes I miss them.  So these days when I see t shirt that I really like, I try to buy couple of them.  But as you know, Cause Nothing Last Forever Even Cold November Rain.  So when the time comes, everything, including us, gonna be worn out or gone anyway.

We might need to do an inventory, guys.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been asking around about trading lithos - I'd like to see maybe where everyone is in terms of who has what to offer and who has promised what to whom.

I have set aside one of my Osaka lithographs for a forum member, but I still have three available. I have also been promised the Yokohama litho by another forum member.

Still looking for someone to trade with or buy from for the two Saitama "dragon" lithographs and the "Godzilla" lithograph :dance:

Okay... so.

I have an Osaka litho.

@estrangedtwat has promised to sell me a Yokohama litho :headbang:

@serendipity is trading me the Saitama Dragon lithos (one from each night) :headbang:

and @Nalbi is trading me the Godzilla litho :headbang:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand... my friend has promised to give me A KOBE LITHO :wow:

So that should leave me with ONE Osaka litho. @troccoli was the first one to message me, but @liqddynamite and @Silveradot also messaged me. In the interest of fairness, although I wish I could send all three of you an Osaka litho... I only have one litho left and I should really offer it to troccoli first. troccoli, if you want it, let me know! If you've changed your mind or found another source, also let me know so as I can offer it to the next person in line!

In case this helps anyone...

I live in the States and really wanted the shirt with samurai bullet on front and kanji on the back the moment I saw it.

Someone from Japan seems to have posted some of these shirts on eBay for $110 USD inc. shipping. They seem legit (not knock offs) but I didn't want to pay that much if I didn't have to. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/322405022924?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT . Most of what I've seen on eBay appear to be knock offs.

Since Yahoo Auction prices are pretty good, I looked into the Buyee service which for a fee will act as a proxy. I created an account and connected to PayPal.

I pulled the trigger and bought a Large shirt like i wanted for $63 total, so almost $50 cheaper than eBay. It'll take longer to get to me, but I'm in no huge rush. As long as it actually arrives and my PayPal doesn't get hacked it'll be worth it :P

I've also been tracking the Godzilla lithos. One went for $66 USD - http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/u131074728 a little while ago. There's another out there with a But It Now of $90 USD - http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/q143886391. Most of the other Japanese merch is out there too. Using Google Translate allows you to find what you're looking for.