Tommy Stinson: Chinese Democracy "kinda got yanked from Axl's hands a little bit prematurely"

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Tommy said in one of his interviews he told Paul Westerberg about Axl offering the gig and him not being sure or whatever and Paul said: "you should do it, it would be cool just cause no one wants you to do it" or something like that.

The former bass player of  The Replacements joining Guns N' Roses was probably a defiant move to him. Westerberg is a cool motherfucker.

that's punk rock. "That wasn't supposed to happen, but I'm glad it did."

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

YES do you know why? Because he cannot touch the pre NU GNR with a 1000000 foot pole 

By that rationale, none of us should be allowed to say there are shitty songs on any GNR album. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Well he's not that off...

Appetite: Anything Goes, You're Crazy

UYI I: Back off Bitch, LALD

UYI II: Get In The Ring, My World, Shotgun Blues, So Fine

Spaggheti Incident: 75% of the damn covers

The only real stinkers to me on CD are Riad and Scraped. But I like the badass riff on scraped. 

And taste is all subjective so who gives a shit anyways :shrugs:

You are joking, right?

There is not ONE SINGLE SONG on Axl solo record that gets CLOSE to being half as good as a Guns n Roses song

• Like 2

Just now, Rovim said:

Wasn't supposed to happen?

To me, they're quite different characters, with different backgrounds.

Tommy is way more of a genuine rock musician than Ashba.

I don't know, but Ashba seems like he's trying way to hard without having the proper attitude. He wants to be the one with the right attitude, but people see it's just an act with him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spirit said:

To me, they're quite different characters, with different backgrounds.

Tommy is way more of a genuine rock musician than Ashba.

I don't know, but Ashba seems like he's trying way to hard without having the proper attitude. He wants to be the one with the right attitude, but people see it's just an act with him.

Complete opposites. But I guess if you can see similarities between Tommy and Duff, you can kinda understand why a Slash follower like Ashba would be welcomed to a band like Guns by Axl.

Having Bucket and Tommy in the same band was even weirder or at least just as weird.

Edited by Rovim

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

By that rationale, none of us should be allowed to say there are shitty songs on any GNR album. 

But there aren't, man. My World is the song of a generation. A lyrical masterpiece. A musical journey into the minds of the minded. 

The greatest song ever written.

Edited by Mendez

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Complete opposites. But I guess if you can see similarities between Tommy and Duff, you can kinda understand why a Slash follower like Ashba would be welcomed to a band like Guns by Axl.

Having Bucket and Tommy in the same band was even weirder or at least just as weird.

Both Dj and Tommy seemed to have a certain camaraderie going on. A lot more than with Bucket. Tommy said many times they had a blast on stage with the last lineup.

Just now, Silent Jay said:

Both Dj and Tommy seemed to have a certain camaraderie going on. A lot more than with Bucket. Tommy said many times they had a blast on stage with the last lineup.

Even if that's true, I still think they're complete opposites. Their personality and their style of playing.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

So people are really upset because Tommy said there are some bad songs on other GN'R albums?

yea, I could have lived without a few.  Just being honest.  Especially bad apples but I still love them.

9 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Guns n Roses hasnt written a bad song to this day

It's like saying AC/DC has never written bad songs. It's very true from a die hard pov but the reality is every bands have fillers and GN'R made a lot of fillers.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, action said:

tommy stinson apparently wants to be the new pitman

why do all these ex-NUgunners turn into whining bitches?

Lol. He is a whiny bitch because he isn't worshipping Axl's every move? Too funny. 

Some fans love Axl because he isn't PC and speaks his mind....but they hate it if other artists do the same thing. 

28 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Guns n Roses hasnt written a bad song to this day

Seriously - what's the point of saying that? It just paints guy as a crazy fan-boy who isn't capable of having an intelligent conversation or debate about GnR. 

"I think every GnR song is great" - that's a valid statement. Just like Tommy's comments that he doesn't like every song is valid. Music is all about personal preference. 

But to make a statement of fact like "GnR hasn't written a bad song" is just silly. You are confusing your personal preference with what is actual a fact. 

Silkworms. Cornchucker. Shotgun Blues. Blood in the Water. Anything Goes. My World. Scraped. So Fine. Bad Obsession. Shadow of your love. Too much Too Soon. Ain't going down. Back of Bitch. Get in the Ring. These are all bad songs. 

The fact that Axl chooses to play so many covers pretty much proved the point that he isn't happy with his entire catalog. 

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

But there aren't, man. My World is the song of a generation. A lyrical masterpiece. A musical journey into the minds of the minded. 

The greatest song ever written.

Obviously. 

59 minutes ago, metalms said:

yea, I could have lived without a few.  Just being honest.  Especially bad apples but I still love them.

See now, I love Bad Apples. 

My original point is that it's totally OK with Tommy to say that some GNR songs aren't good. I actually lol'd at getting all mad that he'd have the nerve to say such a thing when people post about it all day every day here. 

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Seriously - what's the point of saying that? It just paints guy as a crazy fan-boy who isn't capable of having an intelligent conversation or debate about GnR. 

"I think every GnR song is great" - that's a valid statement. Just like Tommy's comments that he doesn't like every song is valid. Music is all about personal preference. 

But to make a statement of fact like "GnR hasn't written a bad song" is just silly. You are confusing your personal preference with what is actual a fact. 

Silkworms. Cornchucker. Shotgun Blues. Blood in the Water. Anything Goes. My World. Scraped. So Fine. Bad Obsession. Shadow of your love. Too much Too Soon. Ain't going down. Back of Bitch. Get in the Ring. These are all bad songs. 

The fact that Axl chooses to play so many covers pretty much proved the point that he isn't happy with his entire catalog. 

I think GNR has perfect songs, great songs, good songs and OK songs.

I dont think GNR has ever released one bad song.

Thats all there is to it

===

Axl has released a horrible solo album with horrible players. He chose to sing that album with a (clearer) voice he never used before and that sounds cringe-inducing 80% of the time 

Slash writes killer riffs and solos but most of the time he cant really write good dynamic songs on hiw own. And Myles Kennedy makes it impossible to listen to his albums.

Izzy is a songwriter master but he does get lazy at times. He has the coolest voice but it wil never be as dynamic and dramatic as Axls. And Rick is great but he is no Slash

===

I am not sure if you are familiar with Football (Soccer).

People say that the Brazil National Team (aka Selecao Brasileira) has never lost one single match when both Pelé and Garrincha were on the field.

Never.

Undefeated.

Not one single fucking time.

No team has ever been able to beat them.

I see Guns n Roses a bit like that.

When Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff are onstage...

Together, these guys are undefeated in my book

With Steven, it gets perfect

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Apollo said:

It amazes me it still hasn't been established in this forum that ludurgian is a troll. Might actually be a 13 year old with an Ipad.

But how can you say songs like Bad Obsession and Get In The Ring are bad? They are freaking awesome music, Slash and Izzy did a great jobs with the riffs and music. I understand people might not like it lyrically, but they perfectly capture the bands attitude and where they were at at that point. What other band than Guns would even have the balls to make a song like GITR? No one not even debaucherous Motley. Some call it politically incorrect or juvenile but Guns were never about that, it's the epitome of the GNR attitude and what the band is. Now Shotgun Blues, that's truly a terrible song and we have some very delusional people here who claim every Guns song is good.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown