"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

2 hours ago, PappyTron said:

I watched Gangs Of New York. People say that DiCaprio is an amazing actor, but Daniel Day-Lewis dumps on him from a great height. Honestly, it was like watching a student going up against a master.

"Whoops-a-daisy!"

To be fair though Lewis is something of a prodigy in that regard.

On 1/29/2017 at 11:18 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Nice Guys

Kruel

#hashtag  (something) it sucked

Face in the Crowd

Girl's night out

I really have to stop watching those stupid lifetime movies like Girl's night out. I actually fast forwarded this movie until the last 15 minutes. 

i saw a weird one on LMN yesterday...The Rachels. but as usual i knew who the real culprit was halfway though the movie. oh but i also watched Magic Mike 2....mmmmmmmmmmmmm *swoon* ;)

On 1/26/2017 at 1:38 AM, Len Cnut said:

To be fair though Lewis is something of a prodigy in that regard.

i have to admit i've never seen that movie...i think the only thing i have seen DDL in was Last of the Mohicans and it was so awful i couldn't finish it. probably because i can't stand James Fenimore Cooper and it was based on his awful novel. he and William Faulkner are both just horrid authors IMO. but DDL is very hot ;)

last move i saw was Straight Outta Compton. pretty good flick....i'm going with a 10 point rating system now so 7/10

18 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have to admit i've never seen that movie...i think the only thing i have seen DDL in was Last of the Mohicans and it was so awful i couldn't finish it. probably because i can't stand James Fenimore Cooper and it was based on his awful novel. he and William Faulkner are both just horrid authors IMO. but DDL is very hot ;)

last move i saw was Straight Outta Compton. pretty good flick....i'm going with a 10 point rating system now so 7/10

Ever see In The Name of the Father?  My favourite DDL film.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no i haven't....what's it about?

Its about the true story of Gerry Conlon, who was just like an Irish vagrant and a hippie and he and 3 friends and members of his family were wrongly arrested and accused of an IRA terrorist attack and ended up in prison for 15 odd years, sounds like some kinda courtroom drama but its more a character study than anything, you should check it out, its really really really good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its about the true story of Gerry Conlon, who was just like an Irish vagrant and a hippie and he and 3 friends and members of his family were wrongly arrested and accused of an IRA terrorist attack and ended up in prison for 15 odd years, sounds like some kinda courtroom drama but its more a character study than anything, you should check it out, its really really really good.

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you know i have been watching older movies more....they got it right more than most of the crap that comes out these days. thanks i will try, i have a list of movies i have been meaning to watch :) 

I like em more because they're sort of more escapist?  I mean i never been one for fantasy for sci-fi but a 50s American movie to me is like...its a world so far removed from the one i know...and they're often so story driven, its easier to get lost in them.

• Like 1