"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

19 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

eyy, paisan, you goin' it to see Rocky?  you're gonna love this one, he busts the fuckin' moolies hole like this, thats the way you gotta treat these fuckin' moolies' :lol:  A lot of that is taken from Raging Bull y'know 'don't tell me you're not looking over there, i just saw you, you look over there one more time I'm gonna pick up that glass and shove it in your fuckin' mouth, don't you ever disrespect me' :lol:

Sorry, I've seen Raw and Delirious entirely too many times :lol:  The James Brown impersonation kills it :lol:

Yea he gets James Brown and Jacko and Stevie and Elvis real good. Mick Jagger's lips so big black people be like he got some big ass lips :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Probably one of my top films of all time. Wonderful storytelling and beautifully acted.

Cary Grant was so exquisite and Deborah Kerr was excellent! did not like the remake with with Warren Beatty and Annette Bening at all though :facepalm:

On the Waterfront 1954 Marlon Brando Lee J Cobb Rod Steiger. excellent film! 5/5

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Cary Grant was so exquisite and Deborah Kerr was excellent! did not like the remake with with Warren Beatty and Annette Bening at all though :facepalm:

On the Waterfront 1954 Marlon Brando Lee J Cobb Rod Steiger. excellent film! 5/5

If you think about it tons of Rocky is stolen from Waterfront.  Boxer, could've been a contender but ended up being a mob leg-breaker.  He's a bad guy but good at heart, streetwise but kinda dopey and loveable too.  Rockys whole background is kinda stolen from the Terry Malloy character.  The first Rocky I mean.  That whole argument Rocky has with Mickey 'WHAT ABOUT MY PRIME?!?!  AT LEAST YOU HAD A PRIME, I DIDN'T HAVE NO PRIME, I DIDN'T HAVE NOTHIN!' is kinda a cousin of the 'you don't understand, i coulda had class, i coulda been a contender, i coulda been somebody, instead of a bum which is what i am' speech.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

If you think about it tons of Rocky is stolen from Waterfront.  Boxer, could've been a contender but ended up being a mob leg-breaker.  He's a bad guy but good at heart, streetwise but kinda dopey and loveable too.  Rockys whole background is kinda stolen from the Terry Malloy character.  The first Rocky I mean.  That whole argument Rocky has with Mickey 'WHAT ABOUT MY PRIME?!?!  AT LEAST YOU HAD A PRIME, I DIDN'T HAVE NO PRIME, I DIDN'T HAVE NOTHIN!' is kinda a cousin of the 'you don't understand, i coulda had class, i coulda been a contender, i coulda been somebody, instead of a bum which is what i am' speech.

agreed! 

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

It's one of the most emotional films I've ever seen. You spend half the film crying and yet it's strangely uplifting too. It's one of the best films Cary ever did even thoug at the time it wasn't exactly a runaway success. Great performances all around! I never bothered with the remake (even though, in itself, the Cary Grant version is technically a remake).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Some critics were touting Sly as the next Brando after that movie...boy were they fuckin' wrong eh? :lol: 

by a long shot! :lol:

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It's one of the most emotional films I've ever seen. You spend half the film crying and yet it's strangely uplifting too. It's one of the best films Cary ever did even thoug at the time it wasn't exactly a runaway success. Great performances all around! I never bothered with the remake (even though, in itself, the Cary Grant version is technically a remake).

yep, Love Affair 1939 with Irene Dunn and Charles Boyer. watched it too but An Affair to Remember was better too :)

43 minutes ago, blonde_illusion said:

I watched Showgirls (1995) today. Terrible movie, but like, five starts because it's just THAT terrible. It wasn't supposed to be that terrible, but it wound up that way. Campy fun, would watch again.

Elizabeth Berkley was horrid. just look at where she ISN'T today :facepalm:

Batman Year One 

Batman: Under the Red Hood.

I forgot how good the animated films were. Mask of the Phantasm was the best Batman film until Batman Begins but these two were amazing. Year One was more low-key. Focused more on Gordon than Batman but it delivers. Red Hood might actually be my second or third favorite Batman. Nothing tops The Dark Knight and I think Begins comes a close second. I was a little distracted by the voice of Bender being The Joker but his scenes were great. Wish Black Mask would find his way into a live action film. Always felt he would end up in a Nolan film. 

Next up The Dark Knight Returns.