"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Dr. Strange. Great CGI, they took the Inception thing with the buildings on every direction and shit to the next level, but the script is kinda shitty. It's not as good as Deadpool and Ant Man.

But has potential. The actor that plays the doc has a very cold vibe about him which I like. Best thing about it was his flying cape which can beat the shit out of bad guys and even choke.

Edited by Rovim

John Wick: Chapter 2 - 4/5

I will be the first to admit that I am not a Keanu Reeve's fan. Even in films like Point Break and Speed (in which his acting is mildly tolerable), I just don't care for him. When the first John Wick came out I was pretty uninterested, until it started getting the rave reviews from critics. At that point, I figured I had to check it out. Obviously, it was great. Is that because of Keanu? I don't necessarily think so, although his action-acting is great. But, his dialogue acting is still unbearable. I think it may have actually been forced to be even worse in the second one :lol: But all that aside, the sequel was great and if you liked the first, you'll like the second. Ultimately, I think I may prefer the first just slightly more, but the second one easily delivers. Looking forward to the third. ;)

On March 2, 2017 at 7:29 PM, James Bond said:

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

Second time watching this (first time was in theaters). Every bit as enjoyable as the first one if a little less inspired.

I prefer the first one 

Gold (1974)

A little known British thriller starring Roger Moore with much of the Bond crew on filming duties. It's a good watch despite the fact that my DVD copy is a terrible transfer. As far as I'm aware it's public domain in North America so it's always on those budget releases. The UK has a proper Blu-ray release that I might pick up at some point.

Rear Window (1954)

After watching Gold, in which Ray Milland has a starring role, I was in the mood to watch Dial M For Murder but ended up picking Rear Window off the shelf instead. I can never get tired of this film.

Kong: Skull Island - 4/5

Whether you saw and/or liked or disliked Godzilla (2014), most people can see Kong and enjoy the hell out of it. I like Godzilla, but it is plagued by unlikable (or unnecessary) characters for the most part, and severe lack of Godzilla screen-time. Kong fixes that by having characters that are actually mildly likeable, all the while giving you the near-perfect amount of Kong time without overdoing it. It's a two-hour, monster destruction-filled ride that once it takes off, doesn't let up. And of course, it sets the course up nicely for the future movies in Legendary's "Monster-Verse".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, James Bond said:

Gold (1974)

A little known British thriller starring Roger Moore with much of the Bond crew on filming duties. It's a good watch despite the fact that my DVD copy is a terrible transfer. As far as I'm aware it's public domain in North America so it's always on those budget releases. The UK has a proper Blu-ray release that I might pick up at some point.

Rear Window (1954)

After watching Gold, in which Ray Milland has a starring role, I was in the mood to watch Dial M For Murder but ended up picking Rear Window off the shelf instead. I can never get tired of this film.

I'm enthralled with the dancer's apartment..especially love when she is in the bathroom, showering/brushing her hair..it's like a little painting. Would love to find a poster with that exact vignette. 

On 2/17/2017 at 5:41 AM, Len Cnut said:

I just watch a shitload of films really and since there's more in the past then there are new (no shit :lol: ) I tend to watch a lot more old.  Yeah, i guess i do.  I mean there was a lot of bullshit on Old Hollywood but an abundance of brilliance too.

so agreeing with this! been on an ol movie kick lately! miss ya Len ;) among others :)

On 1/22/2017 at 10:58 AM, J Dog said:

Gravity

3/5. It was alright. I'm not a huge space/sci fi fan so fans of that would probably enjoy it more. Most of it was just kind of floating around.

lol yes i totally agree!

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. 1966 Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, Lee Van Cleef. excellent. brings back memories :) 5/5

13 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I'm enthralled with the dancer's apartment..especially love when she is in the bathroom, showering/brushing her hair..it's like a little painting. Would love to find a poster with that exact vignette. 

"Miss Torso" is legendary.