"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

14 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

I can't really think of any faults honestly. Ingeniously redeems inherent flaws in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Action packed and very cinematic but still has a lot of heart with cool worthwhile characters like the monk who beautifully demonstrates the significance of trust in the force and how small steps can lead to a great journey. My favourite character though was the sassy robot K-2SO. They should do more spinoff films like this.

5/5

To each their own on this one. I seem to be in the minority when it comes to Rogue One, but I'll give it another shot on Blu-ray in a couple of weeks when I watch it again.

Henry Jones Jr. and the Last Crusade (1989)

I absolutely love this film. Probably the most "fun" one in the series. Not that the others aren't fun or anything, but I love the feel good vibe here. It's James Bond and Indiana Jones together - how could it not be fun? The chemistry is great between Connery and Ford, and one of the most memorable lines in the film was actually improvised by Connery. You can tell they were having a blast.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Why do people hate this film again? Yeah, the alien looks like shit (it should have been a cheesy practical effect to fit the fifties style). Yeah, the pacing is a little clunky. Yeah, the fridge thing is stupid (I forgot how realistic the earlier films were). That's all I come away with - nitpicks. It really isn't a bad film. It's just not as memorable as the original three but that's inevitable.

40 minutes ago, wasted said:

Wild Card. One of Statham's best. 

I don't think I've seen that one yet. But probably. I watch a lot of his movies, I don't know why, I think it's the way he goes from serious to funny and the face helps a lot. An action actor but not annoying even if some of the movies are kinda crappy it's still amusing.

There was a super silly one where his heart stops if he doesn't get a jolt so he fucked some chick on a football field with the audience watching to survive.

Edited by Rovim

35 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I don't think I've seen that one yet. But probably. I watch a lot of his movies, I don't know why, I think it's the way he goes from serious to funny and the face helps a lot. An action actor but not annoying even if some of the movies are kinda crappy it's still amusing.

There was a super silly one where his heart stops if he doesn't get a jolt so he fucked some chick on a football field with the audience watching to survive.

Crank? Crank 3 was a masterpiece. 

He's actually miscast in Wild Card. Nic Cage might have been better. The direction or camerawork is pretty bad actually. It's like Statham's 80s art movie. Okay he's started fucking people up now. 

He hasn't reached cartoon self parody yet, he's an understated action hero whose face still moves when he talks. 

Transporter movies were probably his best. This is a bit quirky. And he was Guy Ritchie movies I think. 

Overall "one of his best" was loose talk. It's a movie I'm watching by accident. 

It's back and forth, there was a crazy fight at the end. I enjoyed it but it was a bizarre movie. Grapefruit n vodka is my new drink. 

The Untouchables is next. I could watch a classic for sure. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

He's actually miscast in Wild Card. Nic Cage might have been better. The direction or camerawork is pretty bad actually. It's like Statham's 80s art movie. Okay he's started fucking people up now. 

He hasn't reached cartoon self parody yet, he's an understated action hero whose face still moves when he talks. 

Transporter movies were probably his best. This is a bit quirky. And he was Guy Ritchie movies I think. 

Overall "one of his best" was loose talk. It's a movie I'm watching by accident. 

It was Crank 3 I think. Really liked him in the Guy Ritchie movie or movies can't remember.  I remember one where he played  a junkie and fucked a nun. Totally an action hero. I wonder if he can do more serious roles sometimes. Like Sylvester in Copland.

Edited by Rovim

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It was Crank 3 I think. Really liked him in the Guy Ritchie movie or movies can't remember.  I remember one where he played  a junkie and fucked a nun. Totally an action hero. I wonder if he can do more serious roles sometimes. Like Sylvester in Copland.

Wild Card is like really back to basics after the mania of Crank. You could definitely develop Wild Card 2 and 3. It's not really big enough to compete with CGI movies. It's like old school 80s action movie. 

Mechanic is his vehicle right now. 

I guess he could do something like Cop Land eventually. That's a movie I need to watch again. Statham will probably do some Ice Cube movie soon. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rovim said:

Wild Card is like really back to basics after the mania of Crank. You could definitely develop Wild Card 2 and 3. It's not really big enough to compete with CGI movies. It's like old school 80s action movie. 

Mechanic is his vehicle right now. 

I guess he could do something like Cop Land eventually. That's a movie I need to watch again. Statham will probably do some Ice Cube movie soon. 

my friend is coming to see me. He likes big CGI movies. I'm not a huge fan. So I was looking theres Logan, Assassins Creed, Underworld blood ties, X men Apcalypse. I Want to put Arrival and Mechanic res because I want to see them. Im not sure Arrival qualifies and Statham is bald. 

What are the best CGI movies out on dvd? 

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:38 AM, wasted said:

It's back and forth, there was a crazy fight at the end. I enjoyed it but it was a bizarre movie. Grapefruit n vodka is my new drink. 

The Untouchables is next. I could watch a classic for sure. 

Love the Crank movies. I did like Jason in Wild Card, but yeah, I can see Nick Cage in that role. I like him too.

I watched this movie called "Within" Not bad, but predicable ending.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Love the Crank movies. I did like Jason in Wild Card, but yeah, I can see Nick Cage in that role. I like him too.

I watched this movie called "Within" Not bad, but predicable ending.

Is that a action movie? 

I saw mechanic Resurrection it was a lot more lavish than Wild card. What it has to do with the original Mechanic other than the character traits of the mechanic I'm not sure. 

Patriot Day is one I wanted to check out. 

Watched so many Robert Mitchum films lately I can't remember em all

The Locket

Enemy Down Below

Till The End of Time

Pursued

Holiday Affair

His Kind of Woman

Macao

The Lusty Men 

Bandido

The Angry Hills

Everything there from Film Noir, to Christmas Rom Com, to Western, to Psychological Thriller, to War movie, give him a fuckin' role and Bob Mitchum will fuck that roles mother for you :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

The Deadly Affair

20 hours ago, wasted said:

Is that a action movie? 

I saw mechanic Resurrection it was a lot more lavish than Wild card. What it has to do with the original Mechanic other than the character traits of the mechanic I'm not sure. 

Patriot Day is one I wanted to check out. 

Oh Yeah, plenty of action. It's really a weird storyline, but Jason makes it exciting to watch him run all around doing crazy shit in these movies.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Deadly Affair

Oh Yeah, plenty of action. It's really a weird storyline, but Jason makes it exciting to watch him run all around doing crazy shit in these movies.

Within is a Stathan movie. I better get it. His trademark seems to be visceral action. In Wild Card it's all pretty sedate but then the action explodes and he's breaking fingers and stabbing people in the neck with a credit card. I guess he won't carry a gun so he has to throw more people through windows.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Another Robert Mitchum?! This is months now! lol. What will you do when you've completed his catalogue? :o:lol: 

Dunno, i just tend to watch films like that, I'm really like...a victim of cinema, in the classical sense, stars and that.  I mean don't get me wrong, I watch all kinds of films and always have but i always have like...how can i put this?  Hollywood is my bread and butter in terms of the films I watch, always has been.  Bogart, Henry Fonda, Katherine Hepburn, Liz Taylor, Marlon Brando, James Stewart, Bette Davis, Cagney...I just love that stuff and there's a wealth of it out there and it's just so precious a lot of it, then you have the more forgotten ones like George Raft or Paul Muni or John Garfield, I really wish more people saw more of it cuz it's just so amazing.  It's just pure escapism and i find it hard sometimes to escape in stuff thats contemporary cuz i feel like i have a reference point for it so it's like...familiar a little.  It reminds me of sunday afternoons and like...when you watched a movie as a kid and for 2 hours or so the entire world just stopped existing and you hung off every second of the unfolding story.  You get so little stories these days, like real tales, real plot driven things that unfold before your eyes like old film noirs or thrillers used to.  And a lot of the characters and so fascinating too, like they really were these kinda swashbuckling hard living hard drinking kind of characters that lit up the screen, they projected like a strength and...I've just realised you asked a really simple question and I've started talking a load of bullshit :lol:  What will i do when I've completed it, hmmm, I dunno, something else'll take my fancy I guess :lol:  This post could've been so short!  Has it really been months, it couldn't've been!  There's been some others thrown in the middle too in my defence!

On topic:

Fire Down Below (1957) - Robert Mitchum, Jack Lemon, Rita Hayworth

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Dunno, i just tend to watch films like that, I'm really like...a victim of cinema, in the classical sense, stars and that.  I mean don't get me wrong, I watch all kinds of films and always have but i always have like...how can i put this?  Hollywood is my bread and butter in terms of the films I watch, always has been.  Bogart, Henry Fonda, Katherine Hepburn, Liz Taylor, Marlon Brando, James Stewart, Bette Davis, Cagney...I just love that stuff and there's a wealth of it out there and it's just so precious a lot of it, then you have the more forgotten ones like George Raft or Paul Muni or John Garfield, I really wish more people saw more of it cuz it's just so amazing.  It's just pure escapism and i find it hard sometimes to escape in stuff thats contemporary cuz i feel like i have a reference point for it so it's like...familiar a little.  It reminds me of sunday afternoons and like...when you watched a movie as a kid and for 2 hours or so the entire world just stopped existing and you hung off every second of the unfolding story.  You get so little stories these days, like real tales, real plot driven things that unfold before your eyes like old film noirs or thrillers used to.  And a lot of the characters and so fascinating too, like they really were these kinda swashbuckling hard living hard drinking kind of characters that lit up the screen, they projected like a strength and...I've just realised you asked a really simple question and I've started talking a load of bullshit :lol:  What will i do when I've completed it, hmmm, I dunno, something else'll take my fancy I guess :lol:  This post could've been so short!  Has it really been months, it couldn't've been!  There's been some others thrown in the middle too in my defence!

On topic:

Fire Down Below (1957) - Robert Mitchum, Jack Lemon, Rita Hayworth

Yes, it has definitely been months haha. So it seems like you go on little ocd type actor/director "kicks"...nothing wrong with that!

And you've intrigued me..I'm not much of a classic cinema type of person.. is there a particular film noir that you can recommend that I look for? I think that genre might interest me..