"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

A Time to Kill. I hadn't seen this Grisham one before. I also enjoyed Runaway Jury. If Time to Kill came out now it would cause a stir like it did in France at the time. It makes you think what is right here. 

Edited by wasted

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Husband has introduced me to Fast and the Furious Franchise.

To be brutally honest, I found Chitty Chitty Bang Bang a step out of touch with reality, so I really struggled with the physics behind parachuting trucks out the back of fighter jets. 

Believe or not, they actually dropped real cars out of a plane to put that sequence together.

Ghost in the Shell (2017) - 3.5/5

Amazing visuals and sound; Worth the IMAX experience for sure. That said, the movie as a whole was good. I've never seen the anime original so I went in with decent expectations and overall I'd say they were met. It's a good action movie. It doesn't change the game, but it plays it well.

Over the last few days...

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

This film is out of control and I love it. Cary Grant is absolutely fantastic. Dark, funny, and wholly entertaining.

Minions (2015)

And thus completes my Minions viewing with my daughter. I have no shame in saying I loved it.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

I was really hoping my opinion would change on the second time around. I want to love this film, I really do. I feel the same way about it as I do about Quantum Of Solace over in the James Bond world. There's a good parallel - a troubled production, rewrites, and so forth that produce a film that is actually pretty good when you consider all that. Still, it's ultimately very "middle of the road" for me.

Ghost in the Shell.

I think it holds up rather well to the anime. It is faster paced and Johansson is not as cold as the original Major but it worked well for the movie.

I also liked whoever played Batou. He worked well with Johansson.

Pretty cool visuals even though the city isn't as believable as Blade Runner.

Would watch again.

"One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" 1975 Jack Nicholson Will Sampson ok, once again for me reading the book was so much better than the movie. which says a lot since the movie pretty well cleaned up at the Oscars. but the movie seemed to be all about Jack Nicholson while in the book it was a transformation for Chief Bromden ( played in the movie by the late great Will Sampson .) idk, difference of opinion but i like the book better. but who am i to fight against a movie that won 5 Oscars? 3.5/5

15 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

"One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" 1975 Jack Nicholson Will Sampson ok, once again for me reading the book was so much better than the movie. which says a lot since the movie pretty well cleaned up at the Oscars. but the movie seemed to be all about Jack Nicholson while in the book it was a transformation for Chief Bromden ( played in the movie by the late great Will Sampson .) idk, difference of opinion but i like the book better. but who am i to fight against a movie that won 5 Oscars? 3.5/5

Well, the Oscars are rubbish so fight them all you want. ;)

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Well, the Oscars are rubbish so fight them all you want. ;)

not much to fight about at this point... movie was 1975. just saying the book was much better IMO. Jack Nicholson just did his thing. i thought Chief Broom ( played by Will Sampson in the movie bless his soul ) was what the book was really about. how he stopped being afraid, realized his strength, and got the eff outta there :)

The Awful Truth (1937)

Cary Grant tried to get out of it, Irene Dunne was in tears daily, and Leo McCarey was constantly shifting the script around. Eventually he told Cary Grant to improvise - a move he would not regret. Great film! The tension does not show on screen. If anything, it adds to the fun.