"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Th Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

What a long ass title :lol: Love this movie. Little slow at times, but one of the stranger, more artsy westerns I've seen. Looks great. Atmosphere is key. I liked Pitt's take on Jesse, it fit the film. And Casey Affleck, now this is an oscar worthy performance right here.

20 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Th Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

What a long ass title :lol: Love this movie. Little slow at times, but one of the stranger, more artsy westerns I've seen. Looks great. Atmosphere is key. I liked Pitt's take on Jesse, it fit the film. And Casey Affleck, now this is an oscar worthy performance right here.

I never got round to watching this but if you like it that's a good enough credit to check it.

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I never got round to watching this but if you like it that's a good enough credit to check it.

I'm not sure my credit is that good so watch at your own risk  :lol:

Just get your mind right before you watch it. This is Unforgiven territory, realistic approach, deep character study. It's the exact opposite of what you think a Jesse James movie is going to be.

10 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I'm not sure my credit is that good so watch at your own risk  :lol:

Just get your mind right before you watch it. This is Unforgiven territory, realistic approach, deep character study. It's the exact opposite of what you think a Jesse James movie is going to be.

Nah man, your credits pretty solid :lol:  Offhand i can't think of anything that you like that i think is shit.  Actually, Alice in Chains...but even then i don't think they're shit as such, i ain't heard a lot cept this one album a long time ago with a dog on the cover, weren't that impressed but it weren't like Pat Boone levels of shit-ness.

51 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah man, your credits pretty solid :lol:  Offhand i can't think of anything that you like that i think is shit.  Actually, Alice in Chains...but even then i don't think they're shit as such, i ain't heard a lot cept this one album a long time ago with a dog on the cover, weren't that impressed but it weren't like Pat Boone levels of shit-ness.

Well I appreciate it cuz. That's my only requirement, no bullshit. Music, movies, people, I just try not to associate with bullshit. And I think my bullshit meter is fairly accurate for the most part if I must say.

In their defense, I'd say Dirt is the AiC album to check out. But I get it. For you, I'd say they're a little too metal, a little too woe is me, and a little too, I call it Vedder-ism but I think I've seen you call it horse singing :lol:

Just now, J Dog said:

Well I appreciate it cuz. That's my only requirement, no bullshit. Music, movies, people, I just try not to associate with bullshit. And I think my bullshit meter is fairly accurate for the most part if I must say.

In their defense, I'd say Dirt is the AiC album to check out. But I get it. For you, I'd say they're a little too metal, a little too woe is me, and a little too, I call it Vedder-ism but I think I've seen you call it horse singing :lol:

Oh shit, they're THAT kinda band?  Thats put me right off :lol:

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh shit, they're THAT kinda band?  Thats put me right off :lol:

They're definitely more metal than any of the other Seattle bands. And Laynes singing isn't as exaggerated as Vedder's but he's got it sometimes. Still not sure you would dig em. I love their MTV Unplugged tho. Dirt and Unplugged. You don't like them then it's probably best if you move along :lol:

Anyway, just watch that damn Jesse James movie :lol: tell me what ya think.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Bob Mitchum don't hardly show up in it...but when he does he's a bad motherfucker :lol:  Plays a good guy but i just mean he's cool with it.

gee you think you like Robert Mitchum? :lol: last thing i remember he was the narrator of my favorite western Tombstone ( and that's mainly because Val Kilmer did such a fantastic job playing Doc Holliday :) )

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

gee you think you like Robert Mitchum? :lol: last thing i remember he was the narrator of my favorite western Tombstone ( and that's mainly because Val Kilmer did such a fantastic job playing Doc Holliday :) )

I could watch Robert Mitchum movies all fuckin' day...just a shame there ain't more of em but I'm like that with a bunch of actors.  Brando, Bogart, Cagney, Henry Fonda, James Stewart, i wish they all had more movies (yeah, more than the hundreds upon hundreds they made already, don't ask for much, do i? :lol: )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I could watch Robert Mitchum movies all fuckin' day...just a shame there ain't more of em but I'm like that with a bunch of actors.  Brando, Bogart, Cagney, Henry Fonda, James Stewart, i wish they all had more movies (yeah, more than the hundreds upon hundreds they made already, don't ask for much, do i? :lol: )

i get on kicks like that as well. but sometimes it's just ONE movie. like i adore American Hustle cos of Christian Bale. he's hot as can be in real life but something about the character he plays despite the awful comb over and all the weight he gained for the film he is just so great, so funny and, to me, so sexy! :P

i was thinking of you yesterday, was watching men's ice skating and this one male skater used Heartbreak Hotel as his music ( the real song too, not someone pretending to be Elvis ) he had an Elvis-y like look to him and wore an outfit that i could see Elvis in ( sans skates of course! ) he was doing well til he fell flat on his bum!

19 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i get on kicks like that as well. but sometimes it's just ONE movie. like i adore American Hustle cos of Christian Bale. he's hot as can be in real life but something about the character he plays despite the awful comb over and all the weight he gained for the film he is just so great, so funny and, to me, so sexy! :P

i was thinking of you yesterday, was watching men's ice skating and this one male skater used Heartbreak Hotel as his music ( the real song too, not someone pretending to be Elvis ) he had an Elvis-y like look to him and wore an outfit that i could see Elvis in ( sans skates of course! ) he was doing well til he fell flat on his bum!

'I was watching men ice skating and thought of you', yeah, well, thats me all over, figure skating, yeah :lol:

• Like 2

Just got back from seeing Ghost In The Shell, loved it!

Obviously not as good as the Manga/Anime but a very good attempt at it. Very pleasantly surprised as I was dreading seeing it in a way with being such a massive fan of the book/animation. The film is visually stunning (as is Scarlett Johansson:D).

8/10

40 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

A Place in the Sun 1951 Montgomery Clift Elizabeth Taylor  as many times as i have seen this film i still watch it every time it comes on TCM. great movie. yummy Montgomery Clift and gorgeous La Liz. poor Shelley Winters. 9.5/10

Monty was queer as chinese arithmetic yknow :lol:  LOVE that film!

On topic:

Secret Ceremony - Liz Taylor, Mia Farrow, Robert Mitchum

• Like 1

On 2017-04-10 at 0:45 PM, Len Cnut said:

That's me with Cary Grant, although he starred in a much more reasonable 72 films so there isn't as much catch up I suppose. :lol:

Edited by James Bond
  • Like 1