"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

14 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I read that there will be two more of these movies that will continue whatever storyline was in this one.

Yeah one will be released in 2019 and the other one in 2021

I hope they bring back CGI Paul in those 

14 hours ago, Słash said:

Yeah one will be released in 2019 and the other one in 2021

I hope they bring back CGI Paul in those 

I imagine they'll bring back Paul to an extent. We already have confirmation that Vin Diesel has met with the Walkers about bringing the character of Brian O'Connor back in the last two films after the (understandable) absence here. I would think they'll skip out on the CGI and just have Cody Walker play Brian. He looks enough like Paul and with a film in between it will be easier to accept a new actor playing the role - especially when it's his own brother.

With the ongoing story it would make little sense to not have Brian feature ever again. That said, I haven't seen the new one yet (I'm going on Monday).

• Like 1

On 14/4/2017 at 8:36 AM, Słash said:

Fast & Furious 8

Not bad, its a one time watch, sadly there was no Paul in the movie. 

Some people were really going crazy at some scenes, I din't know this franchise had those types of Hardcore fans too. 

That's me:awesomeface:

Love that franchise, being there from day 1. I even got my first speeding ticket at 18 while trying to be as cool as Letty (Michelle Rodriguez).

Holiday (1938)

One of George Cukor's best films I think, and the chemistry between Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn truly peaks in this film.

The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)

A fairly generic comedy with a premise too tongue in cheek to be taken as risqué. It's average at best and marks a short period of "by the numbers" Cary Grant films.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:17 AM, Słash said:

How was it? 

Good. I enjoyed it along with my daughter and my parents liked it too. it was a different storyline about babies and touching too.

I watched:

The Suicide Squad

The Stalker Club

Secrets in Suburbia

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

The Ten Commandments  1956 Yul Brynner Anne Baxter Charlston Heston 10/10   "Oh Moses, Moses..." :)

My mom loves this movie so much. When she was a kid in Catholic they actually took the kids to the movies to see it.

She usually watches it every year. I think it's also one hell of a movie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Good. I enjoyed it along with my daughter and my parents liked it too. it was a different storyline about babies and touching too.

I watched:

The Suicide Squad

The Stalker Club

Secrets in Suburbia

My mom loves this movie so much. When she was a kid in Catholic they actually took the kids to the movies to see it.

She usually watches it every year. I think it's also one hell of a movie.

agreed! i love it too :) and i also watch it every year...

Fast & Furious 8 

I don't dare mention it's real (awful) title. C'mon Vin. You can do better!

Despite the awful title and less than thrilling trailer, I've gotta say - I loved it. The change in tone was welcome, the small twists were the best we've had since Fast Five, and the chemistry is as good as it ever was. Charlize Theron was terrific as the villain. I know I'm fresh from seeing it but this might actually be my favourite behind the fifth film.

I know people like to shit on these films but they always deliver exactly what they promise - good summer blockbuster entertainment. In an era dominated by superhero reboots, "dark and gritty" reboots, and even more superhero sequels, it's nice to have an ongoing franchise that throws back to old school eighties feel good action but done up to modern standards. They aren't trying to make an art form - the films are very self aware. I think people forget that it's okay to have fun at the movies.

44 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Fast & Furious 8 

I don't dare mention it's real (awful) title. C'mon Vin. You can do better!

Despite the awful title and less than thrilling trailer, I've gotta say - I loved it. The change in tone was welcome, the small twists were the best we've had since Fast Five, and the chemistry is as good as it ever was. Charlize Theron was terrific as the villain. I know I'm fresh from seeing it but this might actually be my favourite behind the fifth film.

I know people like to shit on these films but they always deliver exactly what they promise - good summer blockbuster entertainment. In an era dominated by superhero reboots, "dark and gritty" reboots, and even more superhero sequels, it's nice to have an ongoing franchise that throws back to old school eighties feel good action but done up to modern standards. They aren't trying to make an art form - the films are very self aware. I think people forget that it's okay to have fun at the movies.

movies that get up to #8 in the series are not watched by me. if i want to watch a "mini series" i'll do it from hime where i don't have to pay 20.00 for a small bag of popcorn! :P

35 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

WU TANG COMIN' THRU WITH FULL METAL JACKETS!!!!!

So stop

the life you save may be your motherfuckin own

I'll hang your ass with this microphone

wu wu wu wu wu wu

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Fast Five - 3.5/5

Ocean's 11, but with more cars.

Fast & Furious 6 - 3/5

Mission: Impossible, but with more cars and not nearly as good.

You're not wrong. :lol:

The first one is Point Break with more cars.

The second one is Lethal Weapon with more cars.

Help me out here...

• Like 1

009-1 The End Of The Beginning

Sometime in the future, the world primarily consists of two geographical powers, the Western Block and the Eastern Block. And between the two lies J-Country. J-Country is often the setting for the two powers as they wage constant battles against each other. Mylene is a cyborg and undercover agent from the western block and is often waltzing around J-Country on different missions.

On one such mission involving human trafficking, she meets an attractive man and is seduced by his charms. As she returns to headquarters to prepare for her next mission she is unable to get the young man off her mind. To add to this, certain memories begin to flash back as she sets about trying to rescue a Dr Faust who was responsible for her creation and who has now been abducted by the Eastern Block.

Great action flick - 7/10 (good story, fast paced and violent action scenes, tons of blood, nice use of CGI)

plus the main character can shoot bullets out of her tits :)

Trailer -

Edited by Jabberwocky

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Point Break

Great low-key yet grandiose cop movie. I liked how the contrast between the peaceful surfing stuff and the action stuff worked.

4.7/5

The original or the remake? I haven't seen the remake but the og with Keanu and Swayze is great.

(and James Bond is correct, the first Fast and Furious is Point Break with street racers instead of surfers)

14 minutes ago, J Dog said:

The original or the remake? I haven't seen the remake but the og with Keanu and Swayze is great.

(and James Bond is correct, the first Fast and Furious is Point Break with street racers instead of surfers)

'c'mon maaan, don't let them put me in a cage maaaan', fuck, if you'd've fuckin' kidnapped my girl, had me jumping out of planes, set me up for a robbery and kicked seven shades of shit out of me I don't think I'd be in that much of a charitable mood :lol:  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

'c'mon maaan, don't let them put me in a cage maaaan', fuck, if you'd've fuckin' kidnapped my girl, had me jumping out of planes, set me up for a robbery and kicked seven shades of shit out of me I don't think I'd be in that much of a charitable mood :lol:  

And on the other hand, if I'm Swayze and running for my life, and a cop handcuffs himself to me on the beach, oh hell no, me or you or the both of us are about to drown today.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, J Dog said:

And on the other hand, if I'm Swayze and running for my life, and a cop handcuffs himself to me on the beach, oh hell no, me or you or the both of us are about to drown today.

Thats a fair point eh, fuck him, drag him into the ocean!  i suppose the Australian filth were coming so he figured he wouldn't make it so appeal to his better nature instead!

• Like 1