"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, J Dog said:

Yeah. It was like COPS :lol:

Yeah, only Steven would say all this kung fu stuff to help them out. lol Yeah, right.

He would give them words of wisdom to crack heads and thieves.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The cunt dont age, does he?  Wasn't he in Shootfighter?

Asian people age very well. Maybe it's their diet? Not sure, but they look amazing even as they grow older.

I only wish Bruce Lee were still alive. He would have still looked great and been in super shape.

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Heat

Great movie. You know I was a little disappointed at first because I guess I was hoping from more one on one Pacino/DeNiro time, but I loved it. It's a gangster classic for me.

Something Wild, in honour of the great and sadly departed Jonathan Demme. The guy had an inconstant but unusually impressive and diverse filmography. Wild is a stone classic, one of the key cult films of the eighties and pulls off one of the greatest tonal shifts in cinema. 

8 hours ago, J Dog said:

Great movie. You know I was a little disappointed at first because I guess I was hoping from more one on one Pacino/DeNiro time, but I loved it. It's a gangster classic for me.

I had the exact same reaction and i think that might've been the reason why too, could never get through that film, used to have arguments with RONIN about how shit it was, an interesting assessment on my part being as how i could never get past the first half hour...eventually did manage to watch it all and I must admit it is pretty good, not sure it'd make my classics list though.

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I had the exact same reaction and i think that might've been the reason why too, could never get through that film, used to have arguments with RONIN about how shit it was, an interesting assessment on my part being as how i could never get past the first half hour...eventually did manage to watch it all and I must admit it is pretty good, not sure it'd make my classics list though.

I think I was so let down waiting on Pacino vs DeNiro that it really hurt my first viewing. I probably didn't watch it again for at least a year later or maybe longer. Enjoyed it way more after that first time. I love the robbery scene and the shootout with the cops on the street.

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Heat is a bloody marvelous film. You're all idiots.

Is it though?  I mean is it really?  Al Pacino coming to the conclusion that after a certain age what acting means is just shouting a lot and De Niro shuffling about looking like a Border Collie.  Don't get me wrong, it's good, very good even...marvelous is a stretch though.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are a bit.

I'm learning Italian next, which should be easy with my Latin background.

I gotta have my kung fu movies dubbed if i can help it, it just don't sound right without it.  Italian eh?  Ya great ponce!  Whatcha wanna learn Italian for 'arold, they're all poofs! :lol: 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I gotta have my kung fu movies dubbed if i can help it, it just don't sound right without it.  Italian eh?  Ya great ponce!  Whatcha wanna learn Italian for 'arold, they're all poofs! :lol: 

I think that is the Greeks who are all benders. Italian is good for pulling birds and talking about food. I'm going through all the axis languages.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think that is the Greeks who are all benders. Italian is good for pulling birds and talking about food. I'm going through all the axis languages.

Italians are sort of aggressive garlicy bum pinching types that drive flash looking but inefficient cars and drink lots of coffee out of dollhouse cups :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Cobblers, no one makes suits like Saville Row.  Bond Street, that's what its all about!

I bet many of the British tailors employ Italian cuts, the shorter sleeves etc. You are going all Italian Job on me - sticking one up the spics. What language meets your approval dare I ask?

I buy my shaving foam from Bond street.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I bet many of the British tailors employ Italian cuts, the shorter sleeves etc. You are going all Italian Job on me - sticking one up the spics. What language meets your approval dare I ask?

I buy my shaving foam from Bond street.

All of em really, I just find xenaphobic and racial stereotypes hilarious :lol:  Japanese seems a good shout cuz it's so difficult.  French is cool, French just sounds fuckin' cool.  Latin as well cuz it makes you sound clever!  The suits bit i meant though.

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

All of em really, I just find xenaphobic and racial stereotypes hilarious :lol:  Japanese seems a good shout cuz it's so difficult.  French is cool, French just sounds fuckin' cool.  Latin as well cuz it makes you sound clever!  

You're just saying that because of your manlove for Thierry Henry

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're just saying that because of your manlove for Thierry Henry

More like Marlon Brando, ever hear him speak French?  He's fuckin' brilliant at it!  I'm a Jean Luc Goddard fan too so there you go, i could fancy myself out there, with a white and black stripey jumper on, smoking Gitanes and all that :lol:  Iggy Pop was given an award by France the other day, the highest cultural award they got, The whatsisname of Arts and Letters or whatever.

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

More like Marlon Brando, ever hear him speak French?  He's fuckin' brilliant at it!  I'm a Jean Luc Goddard fan too so there you go, i could fancy myself out there, with a white and black stripey jumper on, smoking Gitanes and all that :lol:  Iggy Pop was given an award by France the other day, the highest cultural award they got, The whatsisname of Arts and Letters or whatever.

I've always seen the French as ''not quite men'' haha. La-di-da. Londoners love them but the rest of the country are francophobe.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've always seen the French as ''not quite men'' haha. La-di-da. Londoners love them but the rest of the country are francophobe.

We're just threatened by them because of their effortless cool and suave sexual charisma :lol: Like Michael Caine said, Alfie bombed in France because it too unbelievable to them that an English bloke could shaggin' all them birds.

Edited by Len Cnut