"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Just now, Len Cnut said:

We're just threatened by them because of their effortless cool and suave sexual charisma :lol: 

Soap dodgers, you know?

When Ii went with the school we were laughing at one of their public toilets which consisted of a hole in the ground. That was the highlight of the trip! That and throwing pennies off of the Eiffel Tower (guaranteed to kill!).

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Soap dodgers, you know?

When Ii went with the school we were laughing at one of their public toilets which consisted of a hole in the ground. That was the highlight of the trip! That and throwing pennies off of the Eiffel Tower (guaranteed to kill!).

Never been myself but I'd like too.  

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I remember when it came out they did a midnight showing at the local fleapit. The place was packed with punks and skins. Fun times *sighs

The film is fuckin' dreadful :lol:  But conceptually it's brilliant, the fact that it exists, watching people like Steve Jones and Sid Vicious try to act is just hilairious :lol:  And Ronnie Biggs appearing in it, Helen Wellington Lloyd the dwarf giving Malcolm a sponge bath, Sids bits are the most remembered but are probably the least actually memorable of the film, Malcolm McLaren dancing about in a tartan suit singing You Need Hands by Max ByGraves with pictures of Myra Hindley and Ian Brady in the background, Irene Handl making an appearance, that God awful Who Killed Bambi song, it's just patently offensive, so madcap, so ridiculous, only Malcolm could dream something like that up and only Malcolm could have the brass neck to actually try and pull it off.

Fun fact: A scene which never made it off the cutting room floor was of a young Sting and his group 'The Fabulous Blow-waves' raping Paul Cook :lol:

'With the line up complete we immediately set about puttin' our plan into effect.  To swindle our way to the top of the rock n roll industry.  It was a plan that within two years was to bring us close on a million pounds and a household name as the most notorious filthy disgusting dirtiest rock n roll band in the 'hole bloody world', fantastic :lol:  There could be no better endorsement for a band for me ever ever ever ever ever.  And that London Councillor saying they 'would be vastly improved by sudden death'.  There will never ever be a band like that again, they're just too brilliant for words and so's The Great Rock n Roll Swindle.  

'I killed Elvis Presley, Ian Dury, cockney fraud, Mick Jagger, white n!gger, Bob Dylans got a parking ticket stuck to his arsehole!' :lol: 'the band that wrung the neck of rock n roll til it was dead', it's just so gloriously offensive.  And the prevailing attitude that 'The Sex Pistols ruined everything' :D  It just inspires so much glee in me, that this horrible bunch of yobbos somehow slipped through the cracked and got into the mainstream consciousness...and it'll never be allowed to happen again.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Sid trying to act is about the most hilairious thing I've ever seen :lol:  I have that T shirt, the Nazi one.

omg....brain overload!!! ok first... is he in the whole movie?? second they have my favorite part where Sid is spiking up his hair in the window and the part where he is jumping up and down looking at the strawberry tart!!! and MOST OF ALL @Len Cnut you have a shirt like that??? please please pretty please i HAVE to see a pic of you wearing that :lol:

33 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

omg....brain overload!!! ok first... is he in the whole movie?? second they have my favorite part where Sid is spiking up his hair in the window and the part where he is jumping up and down looking at the strawberry tart!!! and MOST OF ALL @Len Cnut you have a shirt like that??? please please pretty please i HAVE to see a pic of you wearing that :lol:

How have you never seen The Great Rock n Roll Swindle? Wasn't it released in USA? It is a shit film but it's a fun watch!

Len would probably get arrested if he wore that shirt nowadays  :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

How have you never seen The Great Rock n Roll Swindle? Wasn't it released in USA? It is a shit film but it's a fun watch!

Len would probably get arrested if he wore that shirt nowadays  :lol:

Also it sort of loses its shock value and becomes laughable when an Asian wears it :lol:. I didnt buy it to wear it i just bought it to have it, i figured there cant be that many of em knocking about.

• Like 1

The Deadly Mantis (1978)
Lau Gar Leung/David Chiang masterpiece.

And a bunch of modern horror...

Split
A bit creaky like the majority of Shyamalan's (post-Sixth Sense) work but not completely devoid of merits.

The Visit
Awful. One of the worst films I've ever seen. This is Shyamalan also. Avoid.

The Witch
Quite good. I liked the historicism of it, the costumes, etc.

PS

I forgot to add Chris Finch from The Office is in the latter.

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I thought it was great.

How did you see this already? it's release date is Friday May 5.

I'm so anxious to see this movie. Loved the first one. Can't wait to see little Grout.

I watched:

Lifetime movie: Manny Dearest

Frailty It's an older horror movie with Clarista Flockhart

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken

36 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa

From Russia With Love

Goldfinger

That fuckin' Aston is gorgeous.  And Connerys got some crackin' suits, beautifully cut.

They ooze cool Britannia (before the Spice Girls and Blair made that term highly distasteful). I think the Harry Palmer films are more realistic and in many ways better films, but I still love the Bonds.

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They ooze cool Britannia (before the Spice Girls and Blair made that term highly distasteful). I think the Harry Palmer films are more realistic and in many ways better films, but I still love the Bonds.

I cant say i love the Bonds, i like Connery and Moore, mostly Connery and particularly those early ones, Harry Palmers film are much better to me personally, or i prefer them anyway, the Bond thing is just sort of hackneyed and formulaic to its detriment I think.  Aint seen none of the ones after Brosnan became Bond, it just aint interesting to me, seen all the ones prior to that though and quite frankly no one does it like Connery does, the character soft of lost its edge and ruthless aspect after Connery, Timothy Dalton was actually pretty good in his own way.  But i dont think anyone will ever do it like Connery and those old films, as you say, are sort of zeitgeist films and i think the coolness of Bond sort of rode on that, without Swinging Britain there could not have been a Bond.