"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

1 hour ago, wasted said:

"I don't watch that much tv"

What kind of character was Mr Glass? I havent seen Unbreakable. Is he another mentaller. 

I need the M Night boxset. 

You need to watch Unbreakable. I'd say it's one of his better ones. The ending of Split will make a little more sense. But even then you're still right to say the ending sorta fizzled.

10 minutes ago, J Dog said:

You need to watch Unbreakable. I'd say it's one of his better ones. The ending of Split will make a little more sense. But even then you're still right to say the ending sorta fizzled.

What do you mean that the ending fizzled? How could it have been better do you think.

Edited by Whiskey Rose
spoiler

19 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

What do you mean that the ending fizzled? How could it have been better do you think.

Idk, it fizzled :lol: He just kinda scampers away. She kinda wanders away. Then I think Bruce is supposed to make you jump up and say oh shit, but for me at first it was like huh? Fizzle.

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

The point it seemed to be pushing was the realness of the beast? I've forgotten what happened...I guess also that old therapist was duped by one of the selves. I'm just so used to the escalation formula when it doesn't happen I feel like I miss it. Like the jock ass pat, uncomfortable mostly but if you don't get one you feel down. 

• Like 1

Just watched the Original Superman movie from 1978. 

My friend dragged me to go see the new Guardian's of the Galaxy film and I realized that I really never got into Superhero films as a kid and now there seems to be one every other month. So, i figured i'd go through them all starting from the beginning and see what all the fuss is about.

I haven't started on the TV shows, as I figured id save them for after I catch up with the movies :P

1980's Superman II is next. 

I really like how laid back the first one was compared to the newer "lets see how many action sequences we can have in 2 hours" narratives in superhero movies. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wasted said:

The point it seemed to be pushing was the realness of the beast? I've forgotten what happened...I guess also that old therapist was duped by one of the selves. I'm just so used to the escalation formula when it doesn't happen I feel like I miss it. Like the jock ass pat, uncomfortable mostly but if you don't get one you feel down. 

Honestly, I don't know what Unbreakable had to do with Split? I thought maybe it was because Bruce was in other M movies.

Anyway, a lot of people who have watched Split are so confused by it.

I got it that he was abused, but 23 personalities coming out? That seemed a bit too much for me. I want to look up if it's possible for any "real" cases where multiple personality patients actually have physical changes as well as mental. I find that heard to believe it being true.

anyway, I liked the movie, but I didn't think it was a great movie.

15 hours ago, wasted said:

Did the cops get him? He was supernaturally fucked up. 

No he is still out there for a sequel. lol

Some of those personalities were very cunning and smart and the beast was super strong and seemed invincible. Oh maybe that was how he's like Bruce's character in Unbreakable. He couldn't be hurt just like the beast. I can't believe M didn't make that connection or did he?

20 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I thought that scene meant he was going to do a movie combining the two plots/characters. Which would be be cool I think. Cause Bruce Willis can't die or something right? I can barely remember Unbreakable. So he would be a good opponent for the Beast.

Yeah, as I was writing my message before I realized that Bruce and the beast are both invincible. I only recently watched Unbreakable on cable that's why I remembered it. I can't believe I didn't realize it sooner. yeah, maybe M will combine both characters. I think that would be very cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Honestly, I don't know what Unbreakable had to do with Split? I thought maybe it was because Bruce was in other M movies.

Anyway, a lot of people who have watched Split are so confused by it.

I got it that he was abused, but 23 personalities coming out? That seemed a bit too much for me. I want to look up if it's possible for any "real" cases where multiple personality patients actually have physical changes as well as mental. I find that heard to believe it being true.

anyway, I liked the movie, but I didn't think it was a great movie.

No he is still out there for a sequel. lol

Some of those personalities were very cunning and smart and the beast was super strong and seemed invincible. Oh maybe that was how he's like Bruce's character in Unbreakable. He couldn't be hurt just like the beast. I can't believe M didn't make that connection or did he?

Maybe the beast explains Unbreakable? So it's meant to make you think, but that doesn't make for a statisfying ending. It was a failed abduction and then he got away. But what Happened in The Shining?

never saw the movie but just made me think some. really? yet another glorious creature hunted to extinction??? just complete and utter BS.

on a better news front they have spotted some very rare, on the verge of extinction timber wolves up north a bit from where i am!

side note:

shopping list...a few very high powered rifle to take out any wolf poachers i may run into!

• Like 1

WOW OK :blink:

I just finished watching a film called "Black Mass Of The Nazi Sez Wizard." Holy hell where to start. I'll say straight off that this a completely non-linear film. Thankfully one of the actresses read out the director's disclamier regarding that before it began. This was like some low budget arthouse hallucinogenic horror film. It's only 60 minutes long. Every aspect of this movie is fucked up.

If you are into gore and vomit and yes you read that correctly, then give it a watch.

(this is supposedly a prequel to a trilogy of movies called The Vomit Gore series)

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Maybe the beast explains Unbreakable? So it's meant to make you think, but that doesn't make for a statisfying ending. It was a failed abduction and then he got away. But what Happened in The Shining?

It is because there will be a third film combining Unbreakable and Split into a thoroughly unsatisfying sequel, somewhat reminiscent of the Aliens v Predator franchise. Another way to look at it is Split is a quasi-sequel operating in the same continuity of Unbreakable.

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

never saw the movie but just made me think some. really? yet another glorious creature hunted to extinction??? just complete and utter BS.

on a better news front they have spotted some very rare, on the verge of extinction timber wolves up north a bit from where i am!

side note:

shopping list...a few very high powered rifle to take out any wolf poachers i may run into!

You've never seen Night of the Hunter. German expressionism within a fairly zesty American film (for that era).

• Like 1

i am sure my dad did. he made me watch the German U-Boat because since he fought in the very last year of WWII he knew, or had to know, all the crazy that would happen. the scariest part of me is I SAW me coming so much like when B-people like my crazy ex step mom would bring it up i'd just say ANNNNNNNND your point is?? :) ..later as i got to know him better i saw what some people saw in him that they also saw in me. kinda proud of that :) 

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is because there will be a third film combining Unbreakable and Split into a thoroughly unsatisfying sequel, somewhat reminiscent of the Aliens v Predator franchise. Another way to look at it is Split is a quasi-sequel operating in the same continuity of Unbreakable.

You've never seen Night of the Hunter. German expressionism within a fairly zesty American film (for that era).

Maybe that one have more of an ending, or conclusion. But if the beast is unbeatable then it more just repeating it over and over. Maybe throw action sequence in just for the sake of it. 

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i am sure my dad did. he made me watch the German U-Boat because since he in the very last year of WWII he knew, or had to know, all the crazy that would happen. the scariest part of me is I SAW me coming so much like when B-people like my crazy ex wife would bring it up i'd just say ANNNNNNNND your point is?? :) movie thing.

later as i got to know him better i saw what some people saw in him that they also saw in me. kinda proud  of that :) 

Oh it is as American as apple pie in many aspects. I meant that it used the aesthetics of German expressionism, in terms of cinematography and lighting.

It even has a bona fide 'hotty', Robert Mitchum.

• Like 1