"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

It Comes At Night 3.5/5 - The Mist mixed with a dash of Cabin Fever and less cheese than both. It had its moments and it's more tension-based than anything, but it wasn't bad. Worth watching.

Power Rangers 2/5 - This was pretty "meh". Most of the acting is not very good outside of the guys that play the Red and Blue rangers. Whether you're a fan of the original series or not, this movie isn't really worth seeing.

• Like 1

On my "Lynch Binge" I watched season 1 & 2 of Twin Peaks and the prequel movie "Fire Walk with Me". Loved the series (except for middle part of season 2 with all those unnessecary plot lines), the movie however is just fucking weird. Some scenes are really great, but it doesn't blend together very well in the final product. I still need to watch Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Elephant Man, The Straight Story, Dune and of course the new 3rd season of Twin Peaks.

Saw The Mummy last week and fuck me, while it was pretty terrible, I somehow found it quite entertaining. I'd seen that the reviews were shocking but still quite fancied seeing it. It didn't seem to know whether it wanted to be a horror or a comedy, so was a weird mix of both, the main problem being it wasn't particularly scary or funny enough to be either, although there were a couple of decent gags in there and some good action. I found myself chuckling away through the second half as it got more and more ridiculous (Russell Crowe:lol:) and came out thinking 'what the fuck was that?' :lol: Still, it killed a couple of hours I suppose.

Honestly don't know what score to give it. :lol:

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

On my "Lynch Binge" I watched season 1 & 2 of Twin Peaks and the prequel movie "Fire Walk with Me". Loved the series (except for middle part of season 2 with all those unnessecary plot lines), the movie however is just fucking weird. Some scenes are really great, but it doesn't blend together very well in the final product. I still need to watch Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Elephant Man, The Straight Story, Dune and of course the new 3rd season of Twin Peaks.

Good luck with Dune :lol: it's incomprehensible gibberish for the most part... if only Jodorowsky had managed to complete his version. The Straight Story is absolutely outstanding and not even a little bit weird... which is very weird for Lynch. Wild at Heart is great.

• Like 1

Logan. Didn't really like it.

Ouija: Origin of Evil. This was actually pretty good. Better than I expected. I don't even think I watched Oujia, but this story was told in a way so the first movie isn't a must watch first. I doubt I even watch the first one now since I've heard it sucks.

Surfer Dude 2008 Matthew McConaughey Woody Harrelson  wow i didn't realize this was so old. the plot was okay, Matthew and Woody were superb and seeing the ocean and the waves made me ache to go to the ocean. all in all i'd rather watch Endless Summer again but it was pretty good. 7.2/10

To Joey,With Love

the true story of Joey and Rory Feek, a country duo. Joey ,who didn't want a baby because she was afraid she would be a bad mother  but   finally decided she did want a one. she has the baby but  it turns out the baby has Down's Syndrome  but the the couple are fine with it and they love their baby so much. but then it turns out Joey has cancer. things  seem to be okay but then the cancer takes a turn for the worse. finally Joey decides to stop  treatment.  she makes it past the holidays but dies March 4,2016. it was based on Rory Feek's blog who narrates the show and was absolutely hearbreaking and uplifting at the same time. 10/10... i highly recommend it.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:45 PM, J Dog said:

Yeah I'll give QT one thing, he really digs deep with the music in his films. Check this out when you get a chance. Cool little inside look into his music.

Scorsese and Tarantino are gods at soundtracks

• Like 1

ok @Len Cnut this is for you. watched Trainspotting again. had to turn away during the toilet scene. and the baby death was terrible :( not really sure what the point was...they couldn't face living a normal life so they used heroin? Robert Carlyse... i finally remembered where i saw him before One Upon A Time but he was a dick. Jonny Lee Miller was sooo hot! looked up what he looks like now and he's still doable. the end was great though so it was better than the first time i watched it.. might even watch the sequel :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

9 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok @Len Cnut this is for you. watched Trainspotting again. had to turn away during the toilet scene. and the baby death was terrible :( not really sure what the point was...they couldn't face living a normal life so they used heroin? Robert Carlyse... i finally remembered where i saw him before One Upon A Time but he was a dick. Jonny Lee Miller was sooo hot! looked up what he looks like now and he's still doable. the end was great though so it was better than the first time i watched it.. might even watch the sequel :)

Only you could watch a film as thoroughly grimy as Trainspotting and still find something male to fawn over.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only you could watch a film as thoroughly grimy as Trainspotting and still find something male to fawn over.

Well it was the fuckin' upbeat zeitgeist movie of the 90s, it's hardly grimy as films about junkies go.  It has grim aspects to it but it generally very upbeat at its heart and soul, begins with Lust for Life and a long rant about a rejection of the boring soul-destroying aspects of modern life and ends in extoling them, its a redemption tale overall and it did star a bunch of young fresh faced new kids on the block like Ewan and Johnny Lee Miller and them.  I remember reading on the inside sleeve of some a Johnny Thunders CD that if they had used his Chinese Rocks instead of Lust for Life as the junkie rock n roll anthem to begin the film with its redemptive ending would've been harder to pull off.  Films like Story of a Junkie and The Man With the Golden Arm and Requiem For A Dream and The Panic in Needle Park are a lot more grim as stories about junkies go. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well it was the fuckin' upbeat zeitgeist movie of the 90s, it's hardly grimy as films about junkies go.  It has grim aspects to it but it generally very upbeat at its heart and soul, begins with Lust for Life and a long rant about a rejection of the boring soul-destroying aspects of modern life and ends in extoling them, its a redemption tale overall and it did star a bunch of young fresh faced new kids on the block like Ewan and Johnny Lee Miller and them.  I remember reading on the inside sleeve of some a Johnny Thunders CD that if they had used his Chinese Rocks instead of Lust for Life as the junkie rock n roll anthem to begin the film with its redemptive ending would've been harder to pull off.  Films like Story of a Junkie and The Man With the Golden Arm and Requiem For A Dream and The Panic in Needle Park are a lot more grim as stories about junkies go. 

And the toilet scene, and dodgy boozers with Begbie glassing you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is Britain though. We are used to this level of grit. Americans are not.

I'm trying to think of an American movie that's comparable to Trainspotting and I'm struggling tbh. It's VERY British. I'm not surprised if it doesn't really translate that well across the pond. Imagine them trying to get their heads around the jock accents.... especially Spud? :lol: