"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Morgan Loved the twist at the end, but I had already guessed it. a good Sci fi movie.

Friday the 13th part 6 Jason Lives  Cool music by Alice Cooper

I actually thought it was good. Loved Denzel. He was a bad ass.  Watched it on cable. wouldn't have paid $10 to see it in the theatre. But I thought it was good, not as good as the original one with Steve McQueen, but okay.

Still though it's really a bad decision to remake a classic. Let's remake Pulp Fiction! That's a great idea! We're driving to Mexico to buy prescription drugs!

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I elaborated a bit in the War for the Planet of the Apes thread but my main gripe is that it just dragged on and on. It took itself too seriously to be entertaining/fun and wasn't original/deep enough to be taken seriously or warrant the 2hr 22min length.

The visuals are pretty slick but much like James Cameron's Avatar(which I hated.) that isn't enough for me.

I honestly can't think of anything I liked about it. The vast majority seems to adore it though so I probably sound like a wannabe hipster haha.

Yeah it wasn't special effects that made me like the first one or the second, it was more that we are apes metaphor and grittiness of it. Guess the realism was effects. I heard something about communal living apes, like it's not believable? Whereas as the first two I didn't think get those hey this is a bit bollocks moments. Maybe more in two. But the rise of Ceasar was bad ass. 

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Gone With The Wind

Extremely long winded and LOL at these cunts trying to glorify The Old South and slavery.

0/5

This movie was made in 1939, so it was a different time.

I tried to watch it once. I hated the main character. He was a real pig. He didn't join up to fight for the south and only had the hots for Scarlett. The black actors and actresses were just terrible, but the woman won an Oscar. I guess that was something for that time.

Having always lived in the north and learning about the Civil war in school, it always seemed the north was right. But then I realized while the south had black slaves, the north had white slaves. Most of the Irish that came to America worked in factories and were not welcomed here. This can be said for most imigrants who came to America.

Also some earlier Presidents like Washington had slaves too. I can see wanting all men equal and free, but to fight a war over it. It seems just so stupid now. I mean the whole world was watching the US tear itself apart and so many men lost their lives.

And it still took black men and woman many many years before anyone gave them a fair chance in the world. And some days it seems like it's still hard.

Smoke Signals 1998 Adam Beach Evan Adams Tantoo Cardinal.  great movie. it is deemed a comedy and there are funny moments ( the two main characters singing John Wayne's Teeth was classic ) but there was a lot of it that was quite sad IMO. two native americans embark on a journey to claim Victor's ( Adam Beach ) estranged father's ashes. it is a movie some won't totally understand but to me it was fantastic. Evan Adam's performance was extremely impressive. to me it has a personal meaning and i think it is one of the best movies i have ever seen. 10/10.

2 Starz channels had Friday the 13th part 8 down to Friday the 13th yesterday. I was watching them all day long. lol

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:13 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Sully w/Tom Hanks. Good one.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this movie. I remember when this happened, but never knew what a hard time they gave Sully for landing the plane in the Hudson. After all that shit, he did the right call and saved so many lives. It was amazing how Sully thought enough to land the plane in the water. It just made me so proud and happy it all ended well.

Goes to show you, sometimes Human beings cannot be replaced by machines.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

2 Starz channels had Friday the 13th part 8 down to Friday the 13th yesterday. I was watching them all day long. lol

Yeah, I really enjoyed this movie. I remember when this happened, but never knew what a hard time they gave Sully for landing the plane in the Hudson. After all that shit, he did the right call and saved so many lives. It was amazing how Sully thought enough to land the plane in the water. It just made me so proud and happy it all ended well.

Goes to show you, sometimes Human beings cannot be replaced by machines.

I had no idea either all that the NTSP put him through...just unbelievable. He had to think quickly within seconds and he made the right call and saved all 155 on board. He is truly a hero!

• Like 1

War for the Planet of the Apes.

Good not great. The first two were better and it was a little slow at times. Still enjoyed it. Wrapped things up pretty good I guess if it's the last one. Caesar and Woody were good as usual.

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOVE this movie! Ed Wood, All time KING of B rated movies! :)

It is actually better than most think. It was good enough for me to shut of my consciousness and follow along - although maybe I'm too used to z-movie schlock. Wood intended the film for widescreen so all of the boom mics and scripts and other film objects would have been eradicated in that format, but because numerous poor quality matte versions appeared on VHS formats in the 1980s, these miscellaneous objects appeared on screen so people naturally laughed and thought it was a hysterical gaffe on Wood's part.

Wood does insert some topically Cold War concerns about man's capacity for annihilation - the ''alien hectoring us stupid Earthlings'' trope - which is very interesting. You also have to applaud his b-movie ingenuity in overcoming budgetary concerns. He basically is trying to make a big budget epic on a budget of one pence and it is very interesting how he overcomes certain technological challenges.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Ouija:Origins

I can't count how many movies there have been about Ouija boards, but this actually had a good backstory, sad, but different.

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Plan 9 From Outer Space,

God this movie was so bad. Bela Lugosi died while making it, so they got some guy to wear the hat and cape.

That woman was freaky. My mom called her the "weird woman" and we have nightmares about her when she was a kid.

Anyway, Jerry Seinfeld was going to see this movie but they got stuck in the Chinese restaurant and then when he did finally see it, Kramer burned himself with the Café latte. lol

• Like 1

If it is bad - which it is in fairness - Plan 9 is at least bad with charm unlike all of the Hollywood cgi fests today. It is bad overflowing with ideas and with a certain technical ingenuity. It is a film full of b-movie charm and good humour.

• Like 1

Sully- thanks free HBO preview! first of all GREAT movie. i never knew anything about what this man and his co-pilot had to endure, i just saw he was a hero and never really knew happened beyond that. now the weird thing that is personal is today would have been my parent's anniversary and i have been thinking of them all day. when i started watching this movie i especially thought of my dad because he wanted to be a pilot in the service but he eyesight was not 20/20. nevertheless i think he might have flown a plane or two under the radar ( yeah, bad pun.) anyway, the really freaky thing was the scene where they had the flashback of a young Sully taking flying lessons....in Denison TX where my dad was born! i had to rewind it and make sure it was real because i don't usually believe in this stuff but it said plain as day Denison,TX. 

anyway, as i said a great movie and a gift for me to see it today. thanks, miss you Dad and Mom :heart:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1