"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Survivor (2015)

I always like seeing Pierce Brosnan in these kinds of roles (the excellent The November Man comes to mind), but this movie was average at best. Decent premise but very "meh" overall.

Despicable Me (2010)

Never did I think I could get into this minion thing but at my daughter's request we watched this. I liked it. :lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wasted said:

What about Before Midnight did you not like?

I hated it immeadiately. My friend said Delphy in the movie was his perfect woman, I was more on the strangle her side of things. 

i wanted to strangle Ethan Hawke!

Watched The Aviator 2004 Leonardo DiCaprio Kate Winslet. always thought it would be boring but i loved it! 5/5

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i wanted to strangle Ethan Hawke!

Watched The Aviator 2004 Leonardo DiCaprio Kate Winslet. always thought it would be boring but i loved it! 5/5

Maybe that's why it's a good movie. With those movies they seem resonate at the time but then looking back kind of cliche or sentimental or like why do they care. But in that last one I was like you got kids get over it. I guess the next one will be like Ethan Hawke in the hospital with a dick tube, his wife is dead and all his kids visit him to complain about their lives. Then he dies. Call it Afterlife Eclipse. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wasted said:

Maybe that's why it's a good movie. With those movies they seem resonate at the time but then looking back kind of cliche or sentimental or like why do they care. But in that last one I was like you got kids get over it. I guess the next one will be like Ethan Hawke in the hospital with a dick tube, his wife is dead and all his kids visit him to complain about their lives. Then he dies. Call it Afterlife Eclipse. 

LOL! you should suggest these to the big wigs in Hollywood! :P

10 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I don't know if I've posted this before… but I like dumb movies. The Eddie the Eagle movie hit all the right spots… I almost wet myself laughing. Do recommend!

Such a feel good film! i saw it a the cinema with my other half...i cried and he laughed at me. Grrr men:P

• Like 1

Just now, janrichmond said:

Such a feel good film! i saw it a the cinema with my other half...i cried and he laughed at me. Grrr men:P

My husband reacted in the same way! I like a heartwarming British underdog film. Plus, the UK is so small… you're only around 3 degrees of separation from someone involved in the production! :lol:

I also don't think I've seen a Hugh Jackman movie before either, so it was a good introduction to him. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:20 PM, J Dog said:

Shutter Island

Really good head trip of a movie.

Shutter Island was one amazing movie. I loved the twist ending. I never saw that coming for a minute. So good. I love being surprised by a movie.

I watched Central Intelligence with The Rock and Kevin Hart. It was good. Kevin was so damn funny. The Rock was pretty funny too.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Shutter Island was one amazing movie. I loved the twist ending. I never saw that coming for a minute. So good. I love being surprised by a movie.

I watched Central Intelligence with The Rock and Kevin Hart. It was good. Kevin was so damn funny. The Rock was pretty funny too.

kevin hart is hilarious in everything i have seen him in! i was disappointed because for a while i thought he might become a regular on Modern Family.

i watched Tombstone for about the 20th time but this time Morgan's death had a whole new meaning :(

X Men Apocolypse  I thought this movie was good. Once I realized we were back in the 1980's it made sense to me. Also, I waited until the end of all those thousands of credits, because there was another scene which might be linked to the new Logan movie. Not sure, but it could be. Anyway, if you watch this movie on cable, check out the very last scene.

The Dunwhich Horror A 1970 horror movie. Just horrible and not in a good way.

The Bat with Vincent Price

20 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

kevin hart is hilarious in everything i have seen him in! i was disappointed because for a while i thought he might become a regular on Modern Family.

i watched Tombstone for about the 20th time but this time Morgan's death had a whole new meaning :(

Yeah, Kevin Hart is very funny. I love his stand up. He just cracks me up.

Kevin did have his show The Real Husbands of Hollywood. I watched the first few seasons, but then I got tired of all his so called friends messing with Kevin all the time and it was his show!

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Kevin did have his show The Real Husbands of Hollywood. I watched the first few seasons, but then I got tired of all his so called friends messing with Kevin all the time and it was his show!

that sucks! i watched Napoleon Dynamite for the too many times to count time again. i needed cheering up.