"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Obsessed 2009 Idris Alba Ali Larter Beyonce Knowles *yawn* this was like a Lifetime channel movie mixed with a very weak version of Fatal Attraction sans bunny boiling. i wonder if i can cancel Starz and get the same deal on Showtime or HBO :D 2.6/10

Awesome movie. I love Idris. What a sexy man and a cool actor too.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

The Diary of a Teenage Girl creepy, disturbing movie. made me feel bad for this 15 year old girl whose mom was so busy partying she didn't see her daughter become a nymphomaniac drug addict :( no rating, it was too sad and disturbing...

Yeah, and what's scary is this shit happens in real life with parents who are too damn busy to notice their kids, especially teens are getting into all kinds of shit until it's too late.

I think teenagers need to be watched and help more than younger kids. There's too much shit out there and bad people who take advantage of them. it makes me sick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I don't know if you're being serious or not :lol: but Despicable Me (1) is my favourite children's movie by far.

I liked DM3, but I don't think if was the best movie I've seen all year, but it's up there. It's a feel good movie not for kids but adults too. Loved the 80's dance music.

6 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I don't know if you're being serious or not :lol: but Despicable Me (1) is my favourite children's movie by far.

Well I haven't seen many movies this year. And I saw it in theatre for the air con. But it was pretty tight. It was never boring, it moved along pretty quick. 

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I liked DM3, but I don't think if was the best movie I've seen all year, but it's up there. It's a feel good movie not for kids but adults too. Loved the 80's dance music.

Oh yeah the Trey Parker characters, 80s super brat bad boy was good. Then the duel bald russian villians. Not to mention the Minions causing havoc at all times. 

On 8 July 2017 at 7:32 AM, Jane M. said:

Get Hard (2015) A+

Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart. 

OMFG:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

This is one of the recent classics.

Get Hard, Daddy's Home, DM3, Black Mass. 

I feel like I've seen some other newish movies but can't think what. 

Passengers

Friday the 13th part 8 Jason takes Manhattan

Twin Peaks season 1 episode 5

15 hours ago, wasted said:

This is one of the recent classics.

Get Hard, Daddy's Home, DM3, Black Mass. 

I feel like I've seen some other newish movies but can't think what. 

Loved Daddy's home.

I saw the preview for Daddy's home 2 and it looks so damn funny. Mel Gibson is Mark walburg's dad. lol Love it already.

I liked it just for the atmosphere and visuals. I'm not sure it made a new point. It was like Pret-a-Porter meets American Psycho in slow mo. A psychological horror movie shot as an advert. There's something too obvious about it. Only God Forgives worked more at disturbing me. 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

It is rather visually slick but ultimately I decided it didn't matter because it was just pointless style over substance and incredibly pretentious. I feel that Black Swan did a better job at what The Neon Demon was attempting to convey.

That all ballet dancers are lesbians? Black swan nailed it and made ballet a lot more interesting to me. 

I think I might avoid substance movies. Like if Will Smith is playing a one legged basketball player, I'm out. 

But models getting killed in an elegant way, I've got time for that. 2 hours out of my life. I've waited for the rain to stop in a Burger king longer than that. 

On 7/8/2017 at 11:52 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Awesome movie. I love Idris. What a sexy man and a cool actor too.

Yeah, and what's scary is this shit happens in real life with parents who are too damn busy to notice their kids, especially teens are getting into all kinds of shit until it's too late.

I think teenagers need to be watched and help more than younger kids. There's too much shit out there and bad people who take advantage of them. it makes me sick.

hearing rumors Idris may be in the running for James. that would be great...he sexy and love his voice. really like his American accent over his real British one  ( ducks :P

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hearing rumors Idris may be in the running for James. that would be great...he sexy and love his voice. really like his American accent over his real British one  ( ducks :P

He won't be Bond. When all that Sony stuff leaked several years ago it was among the emails that someone from Sony suggested him to EON Productions. While Sony was dead serious about him taking over for Craig when the time comes, at the end of the day it is not their choice. It was never more than that but somehow the rumour has persisted even though by sheer logistics he'll be far too old to start as Bond when Craig is done.

Not that I think he'd be a bad choice by any means! If they played the race card he'd be an exceptional choice. Still, the rumour was blown up and he's only a couple years younger than Mr. Craig.

• Like 1

Just now, James Bond said:

He won't be Bond. When all that Sony stuff leaked several years ago it was among the emails that someone from Sony suggested him to EON Productions. While Sony was dead serious about him taking over for Craig when the time comes, at the end of the day it is not their choice. It was never more than that but somehow the rumour has persisted even though by sheer logistics he'll be far too old to start as Bond when Craig is done.

Not that I think he'd be a bad choice by any means! If they played the race card he'd be an exceptional choice. Still, the rumour was blown up and he's only a couple years younger than Mr. Craig.

:( i would have gone to see Idris...*weeps* :)

• Like 1

Morgan Loved the twist at the end, but I had already guessed it. a good Sci fi movie.

Friday the 13th part 6 Jason Lives  Cool music by Alice Cooper

12 hours ago, wasted said:

Remaking the Magnificient Seven is basically a suicide mission. 

I actually thought it was good. Loved Denzel. He was a bad ass.  Watched it on cable. wouldn't have paid $10 to see it in the theatre. But I thought it was good, not as good as the original one with Steve McQueen, but okay.

North Shore 1987  Matt Adler John Thilbin Nia Peeples. for some reason i love this movie as a summer must watch. i had it on my dvr but then lost it when i went from direct to dishtv. so i just bought it. great surfers. great surf scenes, Gregory Harrison is the wise older surfer who takes young Rick under his wing and teaches him the ways of the waves :P 7/10 oh and extra points to John Philbin as Turtle, yummy, adorable and funny as heck! ;)