"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On 7/24/2017 at 0:17 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It is actually better than most think. It was good enough for me to shut of my consciousness and follow along - although maybe I'm too used to z-movie schlock. Wood intended the film for widescreen so all of the boom mics and scripts and other film objects would have been eradicated in that format, but because numerous poor quality matte versions appeared on VHS formats in the 1980s, these miscellaneous objects appeared on screen so people naturally laughed and thought it was a hysterical gaffe on Wood's part.

Wood does insert some topically Cold War concerns about man's capacity for annihilation - the ''alien hectoring us stupid Earthlings'' trope - which is very interesting. You also have to applaud his b-movie ingenuity in overcoming budgetary concerns. He basically is trying to make a big budget epic on a budget of one pence and it is very interesting how he overcomes certain technological challenges.

if you ever read the book Horror Show by Greg Kihn ( i doubt you will :P but if you do :) ) you will notice he borrows almost the entire plot from the Ed Wood movie!

watched such a silly movie... Popstar:Never Stop Never Stopping. best part was Justin Timberland :D

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

5/5

You will like this @Jane M. I'm thinking maybe @AslatIE & @soon should check it out too.

Thanks!!!  I just checked out a clip and read description and you are absolutely right, I need to watch this!

"Popcorn?!!? Why popcorn?!?!"

"Because they're clowns, thats why!!!"

Love it!! :lol:

• Like 1

I watched:

Jack Reacher 3 Tom Cruise might be crazy, but he's such a bad ass actor! This movie was as good as the first two.

The Windmill

Jaws

Snowbeast

55 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks!!!  I just checked out a clip and read description and you are absolutely right, I need to watch this!

"Popcorn?!!? Why popcorn?!?!"

"Because they're clowns, thats why!!!"

Love it!! :lol:

This is one of my all time guilty pleasure movies. I just love it! Never tire of watching it. So campy and it has Royal Dano, from Ghoulies 2, another of my all time favorite movies.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, marlingrl03 said:

I liked that movie too...you can't go wrong with those 2 guys.

Another cool movie! I liked it a lot. Love me Denzel.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

if you ever read the book Horror Show by Greg Kihn ( i doubt you will :P but if you do :) ) you will notice he borrows almost the entire plot from the Ed Wood movie!

watched such a silly movie... Popstar:Never Stop Never Stopping. best part was Justin Timberland :D

I watched Popstar too. That Andy Sanburg is such a hoot! It was such a crazy movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This is one of my all time guilty pleasure movies. I just love it! Never tire of watching it. So campy and it has Royal Dano, from Ghoulies 2, another of my all time favorite movies.

I cant believe I hadn't heard of it before.  Is Ghoulies 2 in the same wheel house?

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Split

3/5

Watched Split too. actually bought the dvd. I wanted to see more personalities. The ones you saw were the ones they always showed on the trailer.

Thought the dark haired girl was very good and of course the lead actor too.

Still not sure why they had that ending with you know who? Still puzzled by it. I did see Unbreakable, but still not sure why it was connected?

Just now, soon said:

I cant believe I hadn't heard of it before.  Is Ghoulies 2 in the same wheel house?

OMG yes! It's the same campy comedy but people are acting serious. lol

Love this movie too. My daughter loves it too.

The first Ghoulies wasn't as good, but Ghoulies 2 is just so much fun!

Check it out. You will love it!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Sully- thanks free HBO preview! first of all GREAT movie. i never knew anything about what this man and his co-pilot had to endure, i just saw he was a hero and never really knew happened beyond that. now the weird thing that is personal is today would have been my parent's anniversary and i have been thinking of them all day. when i started watching this movie i especially thought of my dad because he wanted to be a pilot in the service but he eyesight was not 20/20. nevertheless i think he might have flown a plane or two under the radar ( yeah, bad pun.) anyway, the really freaky thing was the scene where they had the flashback of a young Sully taking flying lessons....in Denison TX where my dad was born! i had to rewind it and make sure it was real because i don't usually believe in this stuff but it said plain as day Denison,TX. 

anyway, as i said a great movie and a gift for me to see it today. thanks, miss you Dad and Mom :heart:

Yeah, loved Sully too. I cried when the plane landed. Reminded how much I miss NYC and of 9/11 again. He was one hell of a pilot that Sully.

I never knew the shit they gave him for landing it in the Hudson River. The movie was very good. I'm glad I watched it.

• Like 1

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, loved Sully too. I cried when the plane landed. Reminded how much I miss NYC and of 9/11 again. He was one hell of a pilot that Sully.

I never knew the shit they gave him for landing it in the Hudson River. The movie was very good. I'm glad I watched it.

how did you get from NYC to Texas? :D

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates 2016 Adam Levine Zac Efron Aubrey Plaza Anna Kendrick. another movie where i was misled by all the trailers i saw before seeing the movie. things that let me down where Aubrey Plaza... i love her SO much in Parks and Rec and was expecting more from her. her performance was kinda flat to me. the choosing of the dates took too long, the pretending of Anna and Aubrey to be goody goodies when they were really bad girls. then after they did the bad stuff the getting the "happy couple" back together. took up too much time. more fun bad girl stuff would have made it much better for me. 5.9

Some Like It Hot 1959 Jack Lemmon Marilyn Monroe Tony Curtis. first of all i have LOVED Marilyn Monroe for eons! i think she was so beautiful and talented and also i touched her dress when i was a kid at Madame Toussards when i was a little kid. but anyway i have always loved her. and Jack Lemmon. add in Tony Curtis and it was perfection! if you have not seen it and appreciate a good old move i suggest this! 9.2

p.s. Tony Curtis was the revelation in this movie to me! ;)

• Like 1

The Whole Truth with Keanu Reeves

Very cool movie with a twist ending. It's been showing on Epix cable channel

59 minutes ago, James Bond said:

SPECTRE (2015)

Aging well - that's the most I've enjoyed it.

Really good James Bond movie. Daniel Craig is a great Bond.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Some Like It Hot 1959 Jack Lemmon Marilyn Monroe Tony Curtis. first of all i have LOVED Marilyn Monroe for eons! i think she was so beautiful and talented and also i touched her dress when i was a kid at Madame Toussards when i was a little kid. but anyway i have always loved her. and Jack Lemmon. add in Tony Curtis and it was perfection! if you have not seen it and appreciate a good old move i suggest this! 9.2

p.s. Tony Curtis was the revelation in this movie to me! ;)

One of the better old movies. Marilyn Monroe was so beautiful in this movie.

Yeah, Tony Curtis was funny doing his Gary Grant impersonation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Whole Truth with Keanu Reeves

Very cool movie with a twist ending. It's been showing on Epix cable channel

Really good James Bond movie. Daniel Craig is a great Bond.

One of the better old movies. Marilyn Monroe was so beautiful in this movie.

Yeah, Tony Curtis was funny doing his Gary Grant impersonation.

yes! he was. i have been into Marilyn since i was like five. we went to the wax musuem in Hollywood and i touched her dress ( i was a bad 8 year old :P )

hoping they play some more MM movies since August 5 is her death date ( rest in peace sweet pretty lady )

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yes! he was. i have been into Marilyn since i was like five. we went to the wax musuem in Hollywood and i touched her dress ( i was a bad 8 year old :P )

hoping they play some more MM movies since August 5 is her death date ( rest in peace sweet pretty lady )

Well, Niagara has been on and last night was another movie with Robert Mitchem. I forgot the name of it. Anyway, the cable channels play Gentlemen prefer Blondes a lot.

I think Elvis died in August too or it was his birthday month. I never remember, but a lot of cable channels are having things about him too.

Yeah, Marilyn went too soon too.

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, Niagara has been on and last night was another movie with Robert Mitchem. I forgot the name of it. Anyway, the cable channels play Gentlemen prefer Blondes a lot.

I think Elvis died in August too or it was his birthday month. I never remember, but a lot of cable channels are having things about him too.

Yeah, Marilyn went too soon too.

Elvis died in August. i'd to see some of his stuff, i have one movie ( well more a documentary ) of hos waiting to recrod on my DVR,

the movie that got me into Marilyn was one i saw on late night TV....Let's Make Love with Yves Montand. i later read her weight fluctuated so much they had to let out her clothes then take them back in as she yo-yo'd.

i also put my feet in her footprints. i love her :wub: i really want to see The Misfits as i live where part of it was filmed but it's about them trying to save wild horses from being slaughtered. after bonding with my wild horses i'd probably just cry...

"I saw the Light"  2015: Tom Hillestone Bradley Whitford. this is supposed to be the story of what "really" happened in Hanks's life. i don't believe there will ever be a "true story" of original Hank but at least this was tons better than the awful George Williams "Your Cheatin' Heart." anyway. just so some people know the truth..i was into Hank, Jr and Hank Williams Jr before you ever "discovered" them AND Hank III. been into country as long as can be...  never doubt this Texas chick KNOWS her country music peeps!

anyway this movie "I Saw the Light" is good and much better i mentioned before in this post. just sayin' it could be better and i hope someone just NAILS it!