Steven & Deanna Adler Reddit AMA - January 26th

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah, possible that Adler is just the first one to utilize the new freedom to do interviews because he's itching to talk. That would be great.

I mean an ask me anything is exactly that, it's not "ask me just about that one thing" (the book)

Hey man, I'm with you.  I liked your earlier post bc those are the exact questions Id like to hear answers to as well.

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

We don't know that there actually is now, either.  

Not for sure, but, well, there's be only ONE interview in many months with a brazilian tv station. 

I don't really believe that everyone involved didn't talk to anyone else about the reunion other than "everything's going great" in the other fluff pieces we got, like, no-one thought to keep asking about the big thing? Why? I would think because they blacklisted the topic and why not go to a big talk show to promote? No-one else talked?

It seems to me they chose not to give interviews and they enforced it, i doubt Steven didn't talk until now because he didn't feel like it, maybe, they'll start talking and i'll be very happy or maybe it is a sign Steve isn't involved anymore, who knows.

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

It sounds to me it's part of the promotion of his mother's book. But I hope he can also talk about GN'R

I bet you're absolutely correct.

44 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Holy shit!!! 

I have a reddit account.

Lets ask about his current relationship with Axl, what happened with his back, his feelings on the reunion, future shows and recording with gnr,  how he gets on with Frank, if he talks to Izzy... 

None of that will get answered buy you never know

VERY cool!

19 minutes ago, cooker said:

The forum may collapse with all the speculation threads. 

Hopefully we'll have just the one :lol:

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I bet you're absolutely correct.

VERY cool!

Hopefully we'll have just the one :lol:

If it's only about the book then it's not really an AMA, which are supposed to be all kinds of questions, hence the name. If he really only wants to talk about his mothers book and the past of GNR then that's really lame and not what an AMA is about. Some guy I cant remember who went on there years ago to just promote a movie he was in and he got shitstormed.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If it's only about the book then it's not really an AMA, which are supposed to be all kinds of questions, hence the name. If he really only wants to talk about his mothers book and the past of GNR then that's really lame and not what an AMA is about. Some guy I cant remember who went on there years ago to just promote a movie he was in and he got shitstormed.

Oh I agree. Haven't others done that too? 

hmm. It should be interesting. Im a regular on reddit, so I will definitely check this shit out and see what kinda shenanigans goes down in that thread. 

also, although this is an AMA, he can choose what he does and doesnt answer...If he's not supposed to disclose certain information, then he'll just skip the question and answer those that dont pertain to GNR specifics of the current situation. If for whatever reason he is out completely, then all bets are off..lol 

23 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah Woody Harrelson, his movie Rampart has become a huge Reddit meme because of that.

• Like 1

I hope he will talk about the reunion (how it happened, how is the relationship between him and the rest of the guys), his future in GNR (more shows or only guest spots), Izzy and new music. These are the most important questions for me!!!

It seems too good to be true! Hope he doesn't talk only about his book...I think we have to wait and see ;)

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It's not even his book so hopefully it won't be just to talk about that :nervous:

I really hope too!!! It's his mom's book so I can understand few answers about it but not the entire AMA! Really hope we will get some answers to our questions this time 

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

We don't know that there actually is now, either.  

Didn't Fortus confirm that they weren't doing interviews and he had to get special approval when he did that St. Louis radio interview? 

I might have dreamt it. I can't go back and check right now.

21 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Didn't Fortus confirm that they weren't doing interviews and he had to get special approval when he did that St. Louis radio interview? 

Hum, don't know, that's a good question!

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

As Fortus put it, it is a "No-press" agreement, he said "we aren't doing press". Reddit is not the press, but a website and many fans asking, there is no interviewer and no agenda behind an ama, it would not be a breach of that policy. It remains to be seen how far Steven will go with the questions.

But I'm sure he contacted the band before he agreed to this to not put his relationship in danger. And remember it's possible he might not know much more than we do as ridiculous as that sounds.

Also please add this question @Silent Jay: What was the first day of rehearsal like, and which songs did you play?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

22 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

As Fortus put it, it is a "No-press" agreement, he said "we aren't doing press". Reddit is not the press, but a website and many fans asking, there is no interviewer and no agenda behind an ama, it would not be a breach of that policy. It remains to be seen how far Steven will go with the questions.

But I'm sure he contacted the band before he agreed to this to not put his relationship in danger. And remember it's possible he might not know much more than we do as ridiculous as that sounds.

Also please add this question @Silent Jay: What was the first day of rehearsal like, and which songs did you play?

I am glad to know that I didn't dream it up!

I usually try to research and verify before I make comments like that because I don't want to spread misinformation.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, alfierose said:

This should be interesting. Makes me think he is not part of whatever media agreement the band is adhering to or he just isn't thinking it through. A Reddit AMA is going to be 95% questions about the reunion, Axl, Slash and Izzy. It's naive if he thinks he can just talk about his book and drumming. 

I suppose he doesn't have to answer questions he doesn't want to but that's not really the point of an AMA. This could easily end up stirring the pot I think.

I anyone can get him to drop by here that would be cool. :)

Yeah love the cheap mygnr promo at the end...lol "Look ths can't be good...buuuut, if he could show up here and do a Q and A, we'll pretend it never happened and hide those answers. Hopefully Axl won't see them and blck us further than he has"

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, cooker said:

The forum may collapse with all the speculation threads. 

Well to be fair, no one tells us anything so...

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, Kris_1989 s

Exactly this. Mr. Steven No Filter Adler & "ask me anything" do not go well together. Good for the fans, bad for GNR and Steven's guest spots.

Well, shouldn't he be allowed to speak his mind? Shouldn't we want him to give us an honest assessment of what's going on?

Not trying to stir the pot but, certain band members are beyond wiling to give us a political assessment of what's going on with no solution for an alleged problem. Fine, speak out! Why can't Steven? We can talk about all kinds of issues and we may not understand them but, we can't tell you why Steven isn't the drummer.

we can't tell you why Izzy isn't involved. We can't explain to yo why we can't deliver you new music. But here's a side distraction and hopefully some of you will know enough to debate and decide for yourselves...

I want Steven to stay involved but, not if it means him being a sell out. He's always been very opinionated and honest, so if it gets to that, hopefully he spells it out. Izzy has been oddly quiet and secretive but it's just his prerogative but...the Area 51 thing. Say something.

Edited by Billsfan

43 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well, shouldn't he be allowed to speak his mind? Shouldn't we want him to give us an honest assessment of what's going on?

Not trying to stir the pot but, certain band members are beyond wiling to give us a political assessment of what's going on with no solution for an alleged problem. Fine, speak out! Why can't Steven? We can talk about all kinds of issues and we may not understand them but, we can't tell you why Steven isn't the drummer.

we can't tell you why Izzy isn't involved. We can't explain to yo why we can't deliver you new music. But here's a side distraction and hopefully some of you will know enough to debate and decide for yourselves...

I want Steven to stay involved but, not if it means him being a sell out. He's always been very opinionated and honest, so if it gets to that, hopefully he spells it out. Izzy has been oddly quiet and secretive but it's just his prerogative but...the Area 51 thing. Say something.

He 100% should be allowed to say whatever he wants. But you know how this band is... Whenever somebody does speak their mind tantrums are thrown and they stop speaking to each other for years. Is letting the fans know everything really worth all that?

• Like 1