Steven & Deanna Adler Reddit AMA - January 26th

Hey Steven! Love ya, man! What's your favorite GnR song to play

[–]steven_deanna_adler[S] 1 point 

Steven: Every single one of them. I still play the ones that I recorded the demo tapes I helped write on "Use Your Illusion". At least 12, 13 of those. I'll still practice to those because I love them so much, but obviously, I play em my way, which is the right way.

Deanna: Steven is the greatest drummer in the world. He is my king. He is the best.

Steven: I'm the biggest asshole you're ever gonna fuckin meet.

[laughter]

Deanna: No son, don't say that.

1 minute ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

So the question now is if this means he won't do another guest appearance at all of if it simply means that he won't be there for "a larger portion of the NITL Tour"?

Questions, always questions with this band... 

There's no questions...he clearly says only if D(Izzy) is involved.

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

ey Steven! I have a few, hopefully simple, quick questions.

1. Why do they call you Steven 'Popcorn' Adler? Is it cause you're energetic, and bounce up and down when you're beating on the drums?

And

1. Will you be joining GNR for a larger portion of the NITL Tour? Rather than a few appearances here and there?

Those are my two questions that I had to ask. Ps you fucking rock dude much love 

[–]steven_deanna_adler[S] 1 point 

Steven: I think that's what Axl was thinking. We played that show at the Ritz that was live on MTV one night and he introduced me as Steven Popcorn Adler. That one and only time. He would always introduce me as Steven California Indica Bud Adler. I'm a big pot smoker. So, that one night that it happened to be live on TV, out of nowhere he just called me popcorn and it just stuck. I think it was like when I play my hair bounces up and down. Like popcorn popping in a machine. I don't know. He's insane. I don't know why the hell he did it. It just happened. He just called me that.

Deanna: I never like that, by the way. I never liked that.

Steven: I had a great time last year doing the couple shows that I got to do with them, but it was everything that I thought it was going to be. It was the complete opposite. If it was going be just the five original guys with Dizzy and Axl, Slash, and Duff and myself, then yes I will, but otherwise, it's not the magic and it's not fair to the fans. Me and Dizzy actually really do wanna be a part of it.

Ouch :unsure:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe he meant Izzy 

He definitely meant Izzy, but he typed "Dizzy" twice :huh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

So Izzy wants to be part of it. And he is not allowed. Steven is right. It is fuckin' unfair to us :max:

Yeah, ya know you're right.  Everyone in the completely sold out Soldier Field show I went to looked just so bummed.  Glad I know why now! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Or maybe there is an agreement that none of them talk about GnR as we've all presumed.   If one enters into that agreement willingly then it's not actually censorship.  

Not everything is Team Brazil's fault lol

LOL! Who you think came up with that idea/agreement when in the past Slash, Duff and Steven have been so open and communicative with everyone? :facepalm:

Anyways, I like his and Deanna's advice to people entering recovery after years of addiction. You are who you hang around with, don't hang out with addicts, be patient and never give up. 

I'm so happy to see him doing great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Someone else types for them I believe 

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

Could be the person typing for him making the mistake. Usually the artist isn't the one typing.

Yes, probably. And this other person apparently doesn't know much about the band.

Shitty day for GNR. Wish he answered the real stuff then. Ive loved the "reunion" tour but the more I think about it, I think it is shameful how they treated Izzy and Steven. They should be at every show on every AfD song if they wanted. 

I do think Ill sit out the 2017 legs of the grand nostalgia train. Loved the past shows last year, and will go if they are near me, but fuck traveling. 

I also doubt we will ever hear a new GNR song again.

• Like 4

Just now, sofine11 said:

Yeah, ya know you're right.  Everyone in the completely sold out Soldier Field show I went to looked just so bummed.  Glad I know why now! 

Still the reunion would be better off with the original 5. The shows would be much better, with more Izzy songs that now they are not playing

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I was at the Soldier Field show with the upper deck completely empty. Loved the show. Would have loved it way more with Izzy and Steven. So speak for yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jane M. said:

LOL! Who you think came up with that idea/agreement when in the past Slash, Duff and Steven have been so open and communicative with everyone? :facepalm:

Anyways, I like his and Deanna's advice to people entering recovery after years of addiction. You are who you hang around with, don't hang out with addicts, be patient and never give up. 

I'm so happy to see him doing great.

An agreement is an agreement and I don't know who, I wasn't there.  Were you?  Maybe it was Axls idea...or maybe it was Slash and/or Duff...or Melissa.  

Point is if they all agreed to it, it's irrelevant as you have to agree o something and it's not censorship.

Just now, Padme said:

Still the reunion would be better off with the original 5. The shows would be much better, with more Izzy songs that now they are not playing

Don't rule it out just yet.  Look at what U2 are doing now with The Joshua Tree tour.  Don't be surprised if we get the Appetite For Destruction tour in 2018 with thte OG-5. 

If Axl's never going to release an album again, they'll have to mix it up somehow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I was at the Soldier Field show with the upper deck completely empty. Loved the show. Would have loved it way more with Izzy and Steven. So speak for yourself.

Settle down, guy. I was at the first show which was, in fact, completely sold out.  

22 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

It's still frustrating when he goes into an AMA where he knows 90% of the questions are going to be GNR related, and then ignore them. If he agreed to avoid the subject, then he should be promoting the book another way

Well, he has a life outside GnR, he's living it now. Just stop asking him about his past life. :)

• Like 1

Absolutely love his answers so far. And I'm glad he answered about the reunion which mirrors most of ours feelings about it. It's nice and all but not what we all expected. Judging by his answer it sounds like he put his foot down and won't be performing w/ them anymore unless it's the original 5 which I totally support. This actually gives me some good closure.

• Like 3