Steven & Deanna Adler Reddit AMA - January 26th

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

There's no questions...he clearly says only if D(Izzy) is involved.

Well the question he answered was about playing a larger part of the tour and one could interpret his answer as him stating that it wouldn't feel right to play "a larger portion of the NITL Tour" without Izzy. If that's what he means then he could still show up on one or two shows this summer.

Although you're probably right, sadly... :wacko:

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

He answered one of my questions:

BlueJeanBaby728 • 1h
Do you have any future plans in music?

steven_deanna_adler • 28m
Steven: Right now, I'm just practicing, having fun, and enjoying my life. I have my beautiful wife, my beautiful dogs and I just enjoy being at home and being with them. I have like 6 really good friends and I enjoy hanging out with them. So, if something does come up that I'm really interested in. There is one band that might be looking for a drummer. I'm not gonna mention their name because I have a habit of saying things and then it jinxes it, but if it does come up, it happens. If it doesn't, then so be it. That's totally cool, too.

Aww. Such a great answer:heart:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Well the question he answered was about playing a larger part of the tour and one could interpret his answer as him stating that it wouldn't feel right to play "a larger portion of the NITL Tour" without Izzy. If that's what he means then he could still show up on one or two shows this summer.

Although you're probably right, sadly... :wacko:

You are totally correct, I had to go back and re-read it, but that is exactly how the question is phrased....hmmmm

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Hi Steven, thank you for doing this! Was there a drummer who inspired you to play while growing up? Did you ever try to emulate that person

[–]steven_deanna_adler[S] 

Steven: Piano because Freddie Mercury is God! If I could do anything, I would do anything close to being Freddie Mercury. Even if I had to be gay. In fact, I wish I was gay but I just don't have it in me!

Probably the answer was posted under the wrong question. This must be the question he answered to: Steven, if you had to pick another instrument to play, what would it be and why?

----

From what I can see, there's is one question on CD (Steven's opinion on it)

...and also this one: You thoughts on Chinese Democracy II ? How amazing The General and Atlas Shrugged are?? Thanks Steven. :rofl-lol:

Steven: Thank you guys so much for having me. I hope everybody on the AMA enjoyed this. I love you all and next time I'll come back again. Just ask me, I'll be back. You know I'm lying, right? I never want to come back to this place again. I love you guys so much. Thank you.

Deanna: And I want to thank everyone for having us here. I wanna tell you, people, they make fun of me. They thought I was in denial.

Steven: You are.

Deanna: Well, I was. And you hear all this medical bunk about co-dependency. All I know is I have never given up on Steven. If I had given up on Steven, he would probably be dead now. I'm happy that I never gave up. So, who's the wiser here? My son is clean, happy, and playing drums again. Please, everyone. Read the book. Buy the book. Buy the book and read it. You're gonna love. You're gonna see that everything's gonna be alright.

Steven: Or my brother, Chuck, will come and kick your ass.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

and also this one: You thoughts on Chinese Democracy II ? How amazing The General and Atlas Shrugged are?? Thanks Steven. :rofl-lol:

That was me ;)

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Probably the answer was posted under the wrong question. This must be the question he answered to: Steven, if you had to pick another instrument to play, what would it be and why?

----

From what I can see, there's is one question on CD (Steven's opinion on it)

...and also this one: You thoughts on Chinese Democracy II ? How amazing The General and Atlas Shrugged are?? Thanks Steven. :rofl-lol:

Has he answered the CD question? (I asked that one)

Love this guy so much, his comments about playing UYI the right way, the groupies and especially the story with Nicko McBrain were fn' epic!!

It's sad (although it was pretty obvious) to hear he won't have a bigger role in the band this year but it's nice to hear he actually doesn't want to if it isn't done the right way. I'd love to see Izzy calling him to do a few songs together.

From what he said, it sounds like Adler is over. I hope that's not the case unless he gets to be part of another band, I wanna see him playing.

Thanks @Silent Jay for the updates!

Edited by BorderlineCrazy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I was at the Soldier Field show with the upper deck completely empty. Loved the show. Would have loved it way more with Izzy and Steven. So speak for yourself.

The first night was completely sold out

So if he and Izzy both really want to do it full time, then what Axl said about Steven not being more involved due to his back problems and his next to nothing answer of Izzy "just being Izzy" by constantly changing his mind is just BS? Shocker.

With what Izzy said about Axl, Slash and Duff not willing to split the earnings equally with him, and Steven saying that they're both up for it as long as it's only them 5, I think we can safely assume that GN'R's current line-up is what was intended right from the beginning. Axl never seriously considered Steven or Izzy as being permanent additions whatsoever.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

So if he and Izzy both really want to do it full time, then what Axl said about Steven not being more involved due to his back problems and his next to nothing answer of Izzy "just being Izzy" by constantly changing his mind is just BS? Shocker.

With what Izzy said about Axl, Slash and Duff not willing to split the earnings equally with him, and Steven saying that they're both up for it as long as it's only them 5, I think we can safely assume that GN'R's current line-up is what was intended right from the beginning. Axl never seriously considered Steven or Izzy as being permanent additions whatsoever.

Of course not. Like I've said before, Axl views this band as a continuation of Guns N Roses, like it's always been. He views Duff as replacing Tmmy and Slash as replacing Bumblefoot and Ashba, Reese as replacing  Pitman. That's just how it is

Just now, Billsfan said:

Of course not. Like I've said before, Axl views this band as a continuation of Guns N Roses, like it's always been. He views Duff as replacing Tmmy and Slash as replacing Bumblefoot and Ashba, Reese as replacing  Pitman. That's just how it is

Yeah, so why doesn't he just say that instead of giving cryptic half answers that make him look like shady politician?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

"There is one band looking for a drummer"....who?

Well, one band who is definitely looking for a drummer is Ratt. The "Big 3"- Pearcy, DeMartini and Croucier, plus Carlos Cavazo, have just about finished the lawsuit against original drummer Bobby Blotzer. They are taking the name back and have already booked a few summer dates at US festivals. Obviously, it won't be Blotz on the skins.

I can't picture Steven's sound with Ratt, but they all crawled off the Strip and somehow survived... (Except Robbin Crosby of course)... Could work...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I love, love this man and I really enjoyed his answers. He really seems to be in peace with himself and I think that the fact that he got to play those shows with Axl, Slash and Duff brought him the closure that he needed. This guy hoped for the reunion all his life and if they didn't have call him he would probably kill himself or something. This way, you know, he went there and realised that the magic wasn't there anymore, it's a business machine now, it's not 5 guys playing just for the fun of it or the great chemistry they had together. I think it made him realise that he doesn't need this in his life to be happy, he has other things besides GN'R, and that's a big step.

With that being said, as much as I'm enjoying this threeunion, it's not complete because Izzy and Steven deserve to be there!! The magic it's definetly not there and it wasn't fair just throw Steven two songs. Bring them back full time, c'mon!

What really sucks about it is that if the "big 3" want to make it happen, then they can easily do it. With the ridiculous amount of money they're making, they can totally make it work so the 5 are happy. If they ever stop being SO FN' GREEDY and care about their two "brothers" and their fans, we'll get the GNR that blew the world away in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well, one band who is definitely looking for a drummer is Ratt. The "Big 3"- Pearcy, DeMartini and Croucier, plus Carlos Cavazo, have just about finished the lawsuit against original drummer Bobby Blotzer. They are taking the name back and have already booked a few summer dates at US festivals. Obviously, it won't be Blotz on the skins.

I can't picture Steven's sound with Ratt, but they all crawled off the Strip and somehow survived... (Except Robbin Crosby of course)... Could work...

Ratt? Nah, I hope it's Metallica. It would be good for both parties :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

What really sucks about it is that if the "big 3" want to make it happen, then they can easily do it. With the ridiculous amount of money they're making, they can totally make it work so the 5 are happy. If they ever stop being SO FN' GREEDY and care about their two "brothers" and their fans, we'll get the GNR that blew the world away in a heartbeat.

It's fucking frustrating :max:

• Like 4