Steven & Deanna Adler Reddit AMA - January 26th

1 minute ago, TOS--LOA said:

That was my entire argument! EQUALLY. GTFO 

Your point was no equal pay because he wants to do LESS WORK. People are questioning this "less work" argument and it's bullshit. Slash's albums like Apocalyptic Love apparently have some sort of magic connection that promotes GNR and Izzys albums apparently don't? Where's the difference? Because more people bought Slashs albums? GTFO

1 hour ago, TOS--LOA said:

No one here is doubting that Izzy is awesome and a crucial part of the gnr sound. What I'm arguing is that Izzy is by far best suited in 2017 for a guest spot role.  If you look at my original post it's all I've ever said. 

to say that izzy is suited for a guest spot on GNR only shows you know nothin about Izzy and even less about GNR

thats just as absurd as saying that "axl has a blown voice so he is most suited for guest spots on the 2017 tour"

1 hour ago, TOS--LOA said:

You're making two different arguments my friend. I'm talking about reality and you're dealing in hypotheticals. Could Izzy play CD live? Probably not. Could Izzy hypothetically play Izzy written parts in an alternate timeline in which gnr never broke up? Maybe. 

Izzy doesnt need to play the "technical" (:rofl-lol:) guitar that the "extremeley talented and hard-working professionals" (:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: ) djbumblebucket-whoever played on the axl solo album

if Izzy and Slash and Duff were to play these songs, they would most likely rearrange them

to play it their way

which -- looks like you dont know -- is the Guns n Roses way

22 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

But has anyone ever heard it? No. It's easy to just sit there and make music in your house. I know plenty of people who can do that quite well. 

Keeping a worldwide brand relevant? Nah not so fucking easy. 

of course!

its all about keepin a worldwide brand relevant!

thats why we love GNR!

its such a relevant worldwide brand!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Your point was no equal pay because he wants to do LESS WORK. People are questioning this "less work" argument and it's bullshit. Slash's albums like Apocalyptic Love apparently have some sort of magic connection that promotes GNR and Izzys albums apparently don't? Where's the difference? Because more people bought Slashs albums? GTFO

No. My point was no equal pay because he HASN'T done equal work. Look, obviously going out promoting the Illusions in '92 and '93 with Gilby took a toll on The Big 3. I think we can all agree that those two years bonded these guys a little bit more than the Original Five from '84-91. Also Izzy actively distanced himself from Guns until 2012 when Axl needed him to appear for certain contractual obligations and izzy demanded outrageous fees.

3 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

No. My point was no equal pay because he HASN'T done equal work. Look, obviously going out promoting the Illusions in '92 and '93 with Gilby took a toll on The Big 3. I think we can all agree that those two years bonded these guys a little bit more than the Original Five from '84-91. Also Izzy actively distanced himself from Guns until 2012 when Axl needed him to appear for certain contractual obligations and izzy demanded outrageous fees.

Izzy joined Axl on stage in 2006 as well

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

But has anyone ever heard it? No. It's easy to just sit there and make music in your house. I know plenty of people who can do that quite well. 

Keeping a worldwide brand relevant? Nah not so fucking easy. 

To be fair to Izzy, I don't think he's really tried to keep a worldwide brand. He is an eccentric guy who seems to deliberately keep a low profile.

I mean, think about it -- even if it were true that they were lowballing him on the reunion tour, he probably still would have been guaranteed more money than he's been making doing anything else in years and years, and he'd also have been playing for millions upon millions of people worldwide. Izzy is just a strange dude.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

To be fair to Izzy, I don't think he's really tried to keep a worldwide brand. He is an eccentric guy who seems to deliberately keep a low profile.

I mean, think about it -- even if it were true that they were lowballing him on the reunion tour, he probably still would have been guaranteed more money than he's been making doing anything else in years and years, and he'd also have been playing for millions upon millions of people worldwide. Izzy is just a strange dude.

Exactly. 

But now Axl & Co is supposed to just take a leap of faith and count on him to be all in on a massive 2 year world tour. Last time he was in that position, it was "can't deal. Later amigos"... (cue the but everyone was fucked up and he got sober retorts). 

Its about dependability and dedication to what they wanna do going forward. He's a way too loose cannon. Let's hope he does some writing with them though.

The merry go round is on full tilt again on this topic. I think I'll bow out now again. I still haven't seen a sensible argument for "equal loot" in regards to the NITL tour.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Padme said:

This. 

It has been discussed already. After all the things Axl had done... riots, tour cacellations or going on stage 2 hours late. Still there people who claim that Izzy is not dependable

I know absolutely nothing about any of these  guys other than what I have seen on stage read in interviews and books

how can anyone know anything about izzy??  I don't know if he is dependable or what he personally wants.  

I know he isn't part of guns n roses any more. Even though he was the lead song writer for the group.   It doesn't seem right 

people are talking about izzy like they know something about the guy  how?  When he was in the band and a member of the partnership he was in his early 20's.  That's 30 years ago!  I am def not the same person I was 30 years ago.  I def don't act or think the same as I did in my 20s as well.   How can anyone know how izzy feels now just off comparing him to how he was 30 years ago.   Axl himself used to be totally unreliable.  Now he is overly reliable   He played the first concerts with a broken leg sitting in a stupid chair !   

I think izzy made a huge mistake leaving the band and partnership years ago.  But he was young and who knows the whole story 

I like the fact that he isn't devaluing his brand and accepting any low ball offer from this group

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

I know absolutely nothing about any of these  guys other than what I have seen on stage read in interviews and books

how can anyone know anything about izzy??  I don't know if he is dependable or what he personally wants.  

I know he isn't part of guns n roses any more. Even though he was the lead song writer for the group.   It doesn't seem right 

people are talking about izzy like they know something about the guy  how?  When he was in the band and a member of the partnership he was in his early 20's.  That's 30 years ago!  I am def not the same person I was 30 years ago.  I def don't act or think the same as I did in my 20s as well.   How can anyone know how izzy feels now just off comparing him to how he was 30 years ago.   Axl himself used to be totally unreliable.  Now he is overly reliable   He played the first concerts with a broken leg sitting in a stupid chair !   

I think izzy made a huge mistake leaving the band and partnership years ago.  But he was young and who knows the whole story 

I like the fact that he isn't devaluing his brand and accepting any low ball offer from this group

Devaluing what brand? He has totally removed himself from the public eye for 25 years. And don't get me wrong- I totally respect that. Izzy gonna do what Izzy gonna do and that's cool. He doesn't even tour his solo stuff, or even keep together an actual backing band. Nothing but stuff he puts out almost as a hobby.

But then for him to suddenly decide he wants to be a rock star again, and that they should cut him in at an equal amount, simply because he wrote or co wrote a lot of the songs, doesn't add up. 

Does he fuckin hate being a rock star or not? I can't blame the other 3 for being confused on that point. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Devaluing what brand? He has totally removed himself from the public eye for 25 years. And don't get me wrong- I totally respect that. Izzy gonna do what Izzy gonna do and that's cool. He doesn't even tour his solo stuff, or even keep together an actual backing band. Nothing but stuff he puts out almost as a hobby.

But then for him to suddenly decide he wants to be a rock star again, and that they should cut him in at an equal amount, simply because he wrote or co wrote a lot of the songs, doesn't add up. 

Does he fuckin hate being a rock star or not? I can't blame the other 3 for being confused on that point. 

Izzy came back to GN'R in 93 for a few shows. He also came back in 94 or 95 to help them with the song writing process. But at that time the band was pretty breaking up. He took the stage with Axl and nuGN'R. He participated in Duff and Slash albums. He try out for VR in the early stages. He participated in 20 year anniversary of AFD show. The guy didn't disappear from the face of the earth. I don't know if he wants to be a rock star. I know he wants to be part of the reunion.

22 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Oh no you didn't!:P

I think someone of this band lives Ina special place where they sense of reality is different than others 

for example

i think Axl and company purposely do not perform certain songs live because they refer to them as Izzy songs.  

But hen procede to play other live that he wrote.   I wonder if they have convinced themselves that they are not his songs.  Or just bite the bullet because they where such big hits

perhaps they are like a good junk of this fan base that refer to some of these cover songs as Guns songs because they are played every night    Patience is now Axls songs because he has performed it for 30 years.  Yeah that's it.  Kohd is a Guns song because they have played it for 30 years. Yeah that's it.  

Brutal 

Let's face it, Axl'd rather perform This I Love and Better with Richard, Melissa and Frank than bringing Izzy back in Guns N' Roses. Axl may have fears that the band could break up again with Steven and Izzy. And that would be the end of it.

Unless it is all about the money.

11 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Let's face it, Axl'd rather perform This I Love and Better with Richard, Melissa and Frank than bringing Izzy back in Guns N' Roses. Axl may have fears that the band could break up again with Steven and Izzy. And that would be the end of it.

Unless it is all about the money.

I'd rather have two weeks of real Guns n roses and then gone forever than and endless NITLT tour with the current line up. But of course, it's all about the money.

Edited by Darkenchantress

10 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'd rather have two weeks of real Guns n roses and then gone forever than and endless NITLT tour with the current line up. But of course, it's all about the money.

Of course.

I'm sure Axl already have a back-up plan for another reunion tour in the future, but this time if nobody dropped dead tomorrow, it's the real thing. Axl has his own agenda, he's the captain at the helm, and he's got cards he ain't showing. How inconvenient that Axl's mindset is still into Chinese Democracy.

7 hours ago, TheBaconMan said:

Izzy being kinda flaky is well documented. Nobody even says it in a negative way, it's just how he is. 

But even if he could fully commit to the tour, for as long as it's going to be, the problem is that when he wanted out of the band he sold his stake in it and washed his hands of it. Now he wants to be paid equal to the guys who didn't. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, tsinindy said:

No, it's not a fact lol.  Maybe you don't understand the definition of what a fact is.   

Well I understand common sense. Apparently that's over your head

Edited by Billsfan

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, Darkenchantress said:

The fact that he hasn't done a tour in 25 years doesn't mean that he can't do it, means that he probably gives a fuck about the fucking "machine". He wanted a real reunion with his old friends, not being a guest in this circus. And about the loot, seriously. He left the band when they were most successful so, honestly, I don't think he is the one who cares about the money the most of them all. And by the way, he never said he isn't in the tour because they didn't give him enough money, he said he isn't because they didn't want to share it equally. You call it being greedy, I call it having principles.

Very fair point. I'm a fan of Richard Fortus but as much as I do love Fortus, I really believe he should only be there if Izzy turned it down first. Apparently, that's not what happened

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Another thread derailed by Izzy fans lol

Yeah, I'm so tired of this. It's the same discussion over and over again in every damn thread. I don't even bother checking D&N anymore most of the time because it's the same bullshit day after day anyway.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1