Rocket Queen rehearsal

29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Im not a Frank hater and I think he's an okay drummer but he is absolutely terrible at Rocket Queen :facepalm:

If Adler's guest spot has to be one song I wish it was on RQ.

for sure

There is also another video of him playing Rocket Queen in 2010, kinda great too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Im not a Frank hater and I think he's an okay drummer but he is absolutely terrible at Rocket Queen :facepalm:

you know everytime i listen to rocket queen i wonder if steven created his drum parts

or if he was helped by someone

like izzy

or duff

or, most unlikely, slash or axl

i have been reading stuff about GNR for nearly three decades and by everything i have read, it leds me to believe that it is very (very) likely that steven created his own drum parts

the drumming on rocket queen is like half the fun of the song

===

coming back to 2017, its cringe-inducing to see slash and duff jamming one of the best rock songs ever written with frank the drummer and richard the guitar player

this sounds speedy, it sounds souless and grooveless, it is cringe-inducing and it has nothing to do with GNR as far as I am concerned

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

you know everytime i listen to rocket queen i wonder if steven created his drum parts

or if he was helped by someone

like izzy

or duff

or, most unlikely, slash or axl

i have been reading stuff about GNR for nearly three decades and by everything i have read, it leds me to believe that it is very (very) likely that steven created his own drum parts

the drumming on rocket queen is like half the fun of the song

===

coming back to 2017, its cringe-inducing to see slash and duff jamming one of the best rock songs ever written with frank the drummer and richard the guitar player

this sounds speedy, it sounds souless and grooveless, it is cringe-inducing and it has nothing to do with GNR as far as I am concerned

agreed 100% 

this is probably going to be my last post here boys as adler's genius is not being recognized properly and his amends and ability to keep his mouth shut has paved the way to bring this gem back to life till then i don't know how anyone can enjoy these tracks being slaughtered by frank/richard 

im out

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Imagine fucking Adler on this!?!?!?!?!? Or even Sorum or Fitz?????

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

I can only imagine! Adler & Izzy would be the best! As of today, I would gladly take Izzy & Sorum, Izzy & Fitz, Izzy and ANY decent drummer!

I love Izzy and want him back ASAP but I'd totally take Steven over him. The band seems to be more interested in touring than releasing new music and Steven is way more important to the sound (IMO). Plus, Steven loves GNR more than the other 4 combined.

30 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Speaking of Adler...Happy Birthday! :)

C2wERayUUAApdBs.jpg

Happy Birthday, Steven!!! I love you even more than that perfect album you helped create!! :heart:

• Like 2

That rehearsal sounded great.

The tone onstage is much better than what the public is hearing through the PA, judging from the several videos I've seen (captured with cell phones just like this seems to have been).

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No about the drumming in one of those instances

Adler is by far the least talented of the three. Any drummer would tell you that.

Anyway, I can't be arsed going into another one of these debates. It bores me. I don't mind Frank, although I'd be happy to see Adler - or my personal favorite Sorum - behind the drumkit.

18 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Adler is by far the least talented of the three. Any drummer would tell you that.

Anyway, I can't be arsed going into another one of these debates. It bores me. I don't mind Frank, although I'd be happy to see Adler - or my personal favorite Sorum - behind the drumkit.

Frank Sorum and Brain are much, much better drummers than Adler. But their main setback is: THEY ARE NOT ADLER. Just like Fortus is a guitar god compared to Izzy, it doesn't matter to fans, because in the end he is not Izzy. They don't have Adlers natural groove, and that is what the band needs, not crazy skills.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Frank Sorum and Brain are much, much better drummers than Adler. But their main setback is: THEY ARE NOT ADLER. Just like Fortus is a guitar god compared to Izzy, it doesn't matter to fans, because in the end he is not Izzy. They don't have Adlers natural groove, and that is what the band needs, not crazy skills.

THIS

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Fortus is a guitar god comparing to Izzy?

the-laugh-echo-in-practice.jpg

because he does more guitar solos than izzy?

because he cant even strum the chords properly on GNR songs?

because his stage presence is cringe-worthy?

because he cant write a good rock song to save his life?

what makes richad the guitar player a god?

36 minutes ago, Jeez said:

adler was never formally trained and is the less technical of them all

that has nothing to do with talent

any drummer that told you otherwise has no idea of what makes a song rock