Rocket Queen rehearsal

22 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Fortus is a guitar god comparing to Izzy?

the-laugh-echo-in-practice.jpg

because he does more guitar solos than izzy?

because he cant even strum the chords properly on GNR songs?

because his stage presence is cringe-worthy?

because he cant write a good rock song to save his life?

what makes richad the guitar player a god?

:facepalm:

Are you blind or can u just not read? I said it doesn't matter how good Fortus is because he is not Izzy, and no one except Adler is Adler, no matter how good they are because it doesn't matter. No one cares about Fortus insanely technical licks in his solos. Izzys rhythm parts are extremely simple, his solos are basic pentatonics and he wouldn't be able to play what Fortus plays at times, I doubt even Slash can. Fortus is far ahead technically. That's why he's a god compared to Izzys very simple approach to guitar.

But that's not the point of my post and I'm afraid u didn't understand my post but gotta leave a useless comment anyway like you always do right?

And nice poem by the way.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 hours ago, Jeez said:

Adler is by far the least talented of the three. Any drummer would tell you that.

This isn't true at all. In fact, a friend of mine spoke to Brent Fitz a few months ago and he said he doesn't like Frank's drumming while he absolutely loves Steven. He also said he hates Matt but as far as I know, he meant as a person, no idea what he thinks of him as a drummer.

IMO, Steven is like Slash, they are unique and have a particular style, they always "sound like themselves", no matter if they're playing their own material or covering someone else's. I also think neither of them are the most versatile players but both are the best at what they do.

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

:facepalm:

Are you blind or can u just not read? I said it doesn't matter how good Fortus is because he is not Izzy, and no one except Adler is Adler, no matter how good they are because it doesn't matter. No one cares about Fortus insanely technical licks in his solos. Izzys rhythm parts are extremely simple, his solos are basic pentatonics and he wouldn't be able to play what Fortus plays at times, I doubt even Slash can. Fortus is far ahead technically. That's why he's a god compared to Izzys very simple approach to guitar.

But that's not the point of my post and I'm afraid u didn't understand my post but gotta leave a useless comment anyway like you always do right?

And nice poem by the way.

so richard the guitar player is "far ahead technically" and that makes him a "guitar god"?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

so much knowledge!

so much fun!

everyday I learn new stuff!

can I ask questions?

why is that the guitar god cant strum properly on three-chord songs?

why is that the "insanely technical licks" sound like generic rock?

why is that "guitar god" hasnt written good songs for the rock-loving people?

why is that "guitar god" needs to show off so much onstage?

so many questions! 

28 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

This isn't true at all. In fact, a friend of mine spoke to Brent Fitz a few months ago and he said he doesn't like Frank's drumming while he absolutely loves Steven. He also said he hates Matt but as far as I know, he meant as a person, no idea what he thinks of him as a drummer.

IMO, Steven is like Slash, they are unique and have a particular style, they always "sound like themselves", no matter if they're playing their own material or covering someone else's. I also think neither of them are the most versatile players but both are the best at what they do.

Bonham told a friend of mine he prefers Frank.

I've never said I don't like Steven.

18 hours ago, ludurigan said:

so richard the guitar player is "far ahead technically" and that makes him a "guitar god"?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

so much knowledge!

so much fun!

everyday I learn new stuff!

can I ask questions?

why is that the guitar god cant strum properly on three-chord songs?

why is that the "insanely technical licks" sound like generic rock?

why is that "guitar god" hasnt written good songs for the rock-loving people?

why is that "guitar god" needs to show off so much onstage?

so many questions! 

Since u didn't give any actual examples to prove you're not full of shit with these and probably just made this up anyway I'm gonna answer your questions..ludurgian style!

1) false

2) they don't

3) because songwriting is a completely different skill. just because you are extremely technically advanced doesn't mean you can write good songs now :facepalm:.

4) why not?

• Like 1

On 23/01/2017 at 9:37 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Since u didn't give any actual examples to prove you're not full of shit with these and probably just made this up anyway I'm gonna answer your questions..ludurgian style!

1) false

2) they don't

3) because songwriting is a completely different skill. just because you are extremely technically advanced doesn't mean you can write good songs now :facepalm:.

4) why not?

there is one pro shot soundboard from the guns n aliens shows - sweet child o mine from troubadour.

i couldnt find it online i guess it was removed from youtube due to its absolutely awful sound (courtesy of richard, frank and axl).

but i remember listening to it and i remember clearly that richard the guitar player sounds absolutely embarrassing on that track -- a three-chord song.

so richard the extremely technically skilled guitar player who writes licks that are not boring (can you show me one?)  cant fucking strum right a three-chord song that hes been playin for 15 years.

thats likely because he is extremely technically skilled

:rofl-lol:

oh, and songwriting is not a skill that should be taken in consideration!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

On 25.1.2017 at 5:43 AM, ludurigan said:

there is one pro shot soundboard from the guns n aliens shows - sweet child o mine from troubadour.

i couldnt find it online i guess it was removed from youtube due to its absolutely awful sound (courtesy of richard, frank and axl).

but i remember listening to it and i remember clearly that richard the guitar player sounds absolutely embarrassing on that track -- a three-chord song.

so richard the extremely technically skilled guitar player who writes licks that are not boring (can you show me one?)  cant fucking strum right a three-chord song that hes been playin for 15 years.

thats likely because he is extremely technically skilled

:rofl-lol:

oh, and songwriting is not a skill that should be taken in consideration!

Okay you made me listen to this abomination, and I haven't heard one badly strummed chord by either Richard or Slash in the whole thing. The only thing that stood out was Axls abysmal vocals. Here is your chance to point out the time in the video where you supposedly heard Richard not being able to strum properly. And once again, songwriting has nothing to do with how fancy your playing is, there are great songwriters out there who only know how to play chords. Fortus blows at writing compared to Izzy, even though he is a great player and soloist. Those points just don't matter if it's about writing good music. Do you understand these words now that I've had to explain this to you?

https://vimeo.com/169567186

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Okay you made me listen to this abomination, and I haven't heard one badly strummed chord by either Richard or Slash in the whole thing. The only thing that stood out was Axls abysmal vocals. Here is your chance to point out the time in the video where you supposedly heard Richard not being able to strum properly. And once again, songwriting has nothing to do with how fancy your playing is, there are great songwriters out there who only know how to play chords. Fortus blows at writing compared to Izzy, even though he is a great player and soloist. Those points just don't matter if it's about writing good music. Do you understand these words now that I've had to explain this to you?

https://vimeo.com/169567186

i really wont listen to this nonsense again but if you cant notice that richard the guitar player blows the entire intro of the song...

Why are you guys arguing if you are pretty much saying the same thing?  I mean, that Fortus is a better guitar player than Izzy, even Izzy would tell you that, but he is not better for GnR than Izzy, cause he, in fact, is not Izzy  :lol:

About the drummer discussion, I have a good friend that plays drums in a punk band and for him:

Technically: Sorum>>> Adler > Ferrer. 

Groove: Adler>>>>>>>>>>Sorum >>>>>>>Ferrer

• Like 2

On 23/01/2017 at 2:37 AM, ludurigan said:

Fortus is a guitar god comparing to Izzy?

the-laugh-echo-in-practice.jpg

because he does more guitar solos than izzy?

because he cant even strum the chords properly on GNR songs?

because his stage presence is cringe-worthy?

because he cant write a good rock song to save his life?

what makes richad the guitar player a god?

if you need to ask, then it would be very difficult to explain.  If you'd play guitar you would easily understand how talented and how great his technique and all around approach is.

To you this may only be some name calling or fancy words, which means to understand what im about to say ud actually need to do some research but Richard has a crazy hybrid fingerstyle picking and guitar picking technique that not many use, specially the way he does it, he plays around with a lot of harmonic notes and sweep picking and his influences and guitar amp styles really make him sound like a beast playing classic rock. because it sounds great but it isnt played the way most rock guitar players do. i guess thats because he has such a rich influence of musical styles and different instruments as well that its very difficult to put in a box, but to replicate what he does takes time, patience and know how.

He def is a lot more capable than izzy on a 6 string, but izzy is izzy and he wrote or co wrote the music most of us are here for. So i suppose a guitar player would give richard a lot more praise because he would at least understand whats goin on and a casual music fan might go: meh, but at the end of the day, richard is a class act, nothing but respectful to any version of gnr and def way more than a rhythm guitar player

People are always entitled to their opinion, but it would be great if their opinion was based on facts and not just what they particularly find cringe worthy, because i for one think his stage presence is what sets him apart from most in a great way. i like that, i like musicians that leave it all on stage and use their body to express that. more and more is gnr becoming a band that stays in one spot and plays a whole concert in a very quiet and mild way compared to the old days and even 2006. so its good to have someone that shows what he is feeling in every song.

and you really should know something about playing a riff, being in the pocket before saying he cant strum a song. that just makes you look like donald trump when he says there were 1,5 million in attendance at his inaugural speech. Sad. Very Sad and def alternative facts.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2017 at 1:01 PM, Darkenchantress said:

Why are you guys arguing if you are pretty much saying the same thing?  I mean, that Fortus is a better guitar player than Izzy, even Izzy would tell you that, but he is not better for GnR than Izzy, cause he, in fact, is not Izzy  :lol:

About the drummer discussion, I have a good friend that plays drums in a punk band and for him:

Technically: Sorum>>> Adler > Ferrer. 

Groove: Adler>>>>>>>>>>Sorum >>>>>>>Ferrer

Hey great to have you joining the fun!

I never said that the alien is a better guitar player than izzy

to say that is that ultimate joke -- pure nonsense

richard the guitar player may be able to play chords or licks or whatever on the fretboard. licks and chords that izzy maybe doesnt even know that exists

he may be able to make guitar solos and play more notes faster than izzy will ever be able to

does that make him a better guitar player than izzy?

obviously not!

its not about how many technical resources you possess 

there is no use in possessing technical resources if you make shitty use of them

5 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

if you need to ask, then it would be very difficult to explain.  If you'd play guitar you would easily understand how talented and how great his technique and all around approach is.

To you this may only be some name calling or fancy words, which means to understand what im about to say ud actually need to do some research but Richard has a crazy hybrid fingerstyle picking and guitar picking technique that not many use, specially the way he does it, he plays around with a lot of harmonic notes and sweep picking and his influences and guitar amp styles really make him sound like a beast playing classic rock. because it sounds great but it isnt played the way most rock guitar players do. i guess thats because he has such a rich influence of musical styles and different instruments as well that its very difficult to put in a box, but to replicate what he does takes time, patience and know how.

He def is a lot more capable than izzy on a 6 string, but izzy is izzy and he wrote or co wrote the music most of us are here for. So i suppose a guitar player would give richard a lot more praise because he would at least understand whats goin on and a casual music fan might go: meh, but at the end of the day, richard is a class act, nothing but respectful to any version of gnr and def way more than a rhythm guitar player

People are always entitled to their opinion, but it would be great if their opinion was based on facts and not just what they particularly find cringe worthy, because i for one think his stage presence is what sets him apart from most in a great way. i like that, i like musicians that leave it all on stage and use their body to express that. more and more is gnr becoming a band that stays in one spot and plays a whole concert in a very quiet and mild way compared to the old days and even 2006. so its good to have someone that shows what he is feeling in every song.

and you really should know something about playing a riff, being in the pocket before saying he cant strum a song. that just makes you look like donald trump when he says there were 1,5 million in attendance at his inaugural speech. Sad. Very Sad and def alternative facts.

crazy hybrid fingerstyle picking?

guitar picking technique that not many use?

you have to be kidding, right?

who cares about that?

its about what you do with them

Edited by ludurigan

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

Hey great to have you joining the fun!

I never said that the alien is a better guitar player than izzy

to say that is that ultimate joke -- pure nonsense

richard the guitar player may be able to play chords or licks or whatever on the fretboard. licks and chords that izzy maybe doesnt even know that exists

he may be able to make guitar solos and play more notes faster than izzy will ever be able to

does that make him a better guitar player than izzy?

obviously not!

there is no use in possessing technical resources if you make shitty use of them

crazy hybrid fingerstyle picking?

guitar picking technique that not many use?

you have to be kidding, right?

who cares about that?

its about what you do with them

yeah, my point exactly. recognising a good guitar player requires taste and knowing a little something about it, no wonder you dont get it, its just not for you. its like sex, some people get it, some dont.   aint no shame in it. hate away my angry friend

48 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

yeah, my point exactly. recognising a good guitar player requires taste and knowing a little something about it, no wonder you dont get it, its just not for you. its like sex, some people get it, some dont.   aint no shame in it. hate away my angry friend

oh, you who possess taste and knowledge!

now i hear you!

so much knowledge!

so much taste!

can you share all this wisdom?

can i learn to have good taste like you do?

will i ever possess so much knowledge?

or is it really not for me?

7 hours ago, ludurigan said:

oh, you who possess taste and knowledge!

now i hear you!

so much knowledge!

so much taste!

can you share all this wisdom?

can i learn to have good taste like you do?

will i ever possess so much knowledge?

or is it really not for me?

I know you think you´re funny, but ignorance isnt bliss. try reading a book once in a while, cultivate yourself. there´s nothing wrong with knowledge, i know it seems scary and im sure you have your limitations but dont give up just yet... you might surprise yourself and all of us as well, if you just try not to be a dumb ass all the time.

cheers bro i still think there´s hope for you.

14 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

I know you think you´re funny, but ignorance isnt bliss. try reading a book once in a while, cultivate yourself. there´s nothing wrong with knowledge, i know it seems scary and im sure you have your limitations but dont give up just yet... you might surprise yourself and all of us as well, if you just try not to be a dumb ass all the time.

cheers bro i still think there´s hope for you.

Lol, ludurgian is once again mixing up writing music and playing guitar. I pointed the difference out twice but it makes no sense to his brain. Some people are like that, what can you do.

16 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Lol, ludurgian is once again mixing up writing music and playing guitar. I pointed the difference out twice but it makes no sense to his brain. Some people are like that, what can you do.

lol, you´re right. i knew i shouldn't´t of have said anything, but damn, sometimes its hard to stay away. 

and yes, there´s no argument there, izzy is the best songwriter in gnr aside from axl or at the same level, depends on what you like i suppose, but izzy is amazing on that level.

Kurt cobain was also a great songwriter, but he was somewhat limited on the guitar, but it doesn't matter, when you re a songwriter you only have to be good enough to play your own songs.

• Like 1

Come on, @ludurigan I mean, no one is degrading Izzy! Seriously, i started playing guitar because of him. He has been such an inspiration on my rhythm playing all this years and for me he is one (actually for me he is the most, but it could be love :lol:) of the most talented and respected musicians out there. What's wrong with saying that Fortus is a good guitarist? He is, and as I said if you ask Izzy he would probably tell you that Fortus is a better guitar player than him. That doesn't mean that Fortus is better than Izzy in the whole picture. No matter how good he is, he will never fill Izzy's place in the band and everybody knows that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

lol, you´re right. i knew i shouldn't´t of have said anything, but damn, sometimes its hard to stay away. 

and yes, there´s no argument there, izzy is the best songwriter in gnr aside from axl or at the same level, depends on what you like i suppose, but izzy is amazing on that level.

Kurt cobain was also a great songwriter, but he was somewhat limited on the guitar, but it doesn't matter, when you re a songwriter you only have to be good enough to play your own songs.

Yep absolutely. What I heard from richards material so far didn't impress me tbh. Izzy plays real simple shit, but he's extremely good at writing even with his limited technicality. But he's not as good at guitar as someone like Fortus. And that was the entire point. But this is great:

31 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yep absolutely. What I heard from richards material so far didn't impress me tbh. Izzy plays real simple shit, but he's extremely good at writing even with his limited technicality. But he's not as good at guitar as someone like Fortus. And that was the entire point. But this is great:

You´re absolutely right,

I put izzy up there with my favourite rock icons of all time, and not only for his work with gnr. Shuffle it down is also one of my all time fav songs. Being a songwriter is knowing how to make a song that will relate to lots of people, it isn't something that can be taught, either you have it or you don't. and im nor putting down richard, but richard is a world class touring guitarrist, as a songwriter i like what he did with the dead daisies, but its limited to the music, richard doesn't write lyrics, so even there that's half the work.

As a guitar player alone, and i´m a guitar player myself, id take richard. But when it comes to writing a kick ass song izzy would be my first pick. However, get izzy and richard in the studio and BOOM! let the magic begin because they do speak the same language as far as music background is concerned and i think they are a perfect match. 

• Like 1