Same setlist, different day

I will be going to St. Louis show, and while I have seen them on this tour already, many that are coming with me have not.  The people coming with me are not hardcore fans - they are guys wanting to see a kick a** show.  I guarantee you that they will have infinitely more fun watching the same current setlist that Guns is playing versus some setlist full of lesser known songs that some of you hardcore fans are wanting just to satisfy your hardcoreness.  Frankly, as a hardcore myself, I like the current setlist as it has a lot of my favorites on it (Coma, Rocket Queen, DTJ, WTTJ, SCOM, etc).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Imagine if they went back to "pick a song" UYI setlists? I would fucking go to as many shows as possible

Oh yeah, and if they did like a Facebook or twitter poll. "We're going to Dust an old one off" then give you a couple of options, whichever wins they play.

Imagine seeing a poll with Perfect Crime, Breakdown, and Right next door to hell. You have 24 hours to vote and we'll play the winner tonight! That would really get fans talking and excited as ever!

If Dust N Bones showed up people would lose their minds :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Oh yeah, and if they did like a Facebook or twitter poll. "We're going to Dust an old one off" then give you a couple of options, whichever wins they play.

Imagine seeing a poll with Perfect Crime, Breakdown, and Right next door to hell. You have 24 hours to vote and we'll play the winner tonight! That would really get fans talking and excited as ever!

If Dust N Bones showed up people would lose their minds :lol:

Metallica had interesting thing going on one tour recently. Fans would chose one song in encore on the day of the show (also the whole setlist weeks before the show but that's asking too much :lol:).

They would have 3 songs in poll and people would vote via app or on the site. I saw a show in Prague and we could chose between The Day That Never Comes, St. Anger and Unforgiven II (St. Anger won :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

They would have 3 songs in poll and people would vote via app or on the site. I saw a show in Prague and we could chose between The Day That Never Comes, St. Anger and Unforgiven II (St. Anger won :(

wow, such great choices....metallica is garbage now.  

• Like 2

I'll complain if they hit the same venues playing the same songs. Until then, many people have not seen this set live. This is awesome for those people. Let them play for everyone then go ahead and whine about the set if it's stale or if there's no new music. I'll be watching and if they don't mix it up when they come back my way this summer, they probably won't get my $250 per ticket.

I dont really have a problem with the setlist most the people I know going to these shows in Australia are going for the hits apart from the seeker! They play enough covers LNLD, KOHD and Godfather/Wish you were here thats all good but id be happy if they replaced that even with a CD song it needs to go and make kohd short like ritz and put the in the middle of the set the last half of the show has too many long songs and drags. I think most people if they had a choice of watching only half the show would pick the first half.

Axl just old and old people dont like change they get stuck in thier ways but I think he'd find he would enjoy the shows more if he changed it up coz singing the same song a billion times must get boring as

Edited by Gibbo

Ultimately unless you are seeing multiple shows on the same tour it's not worth worrying about. 

Generally a new tour means a different song or two. 

This does seem like a Best of set list though. Add Used to Love Her, Bad Obsession and Yesterdays and it's close enough. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 4:27 PM, TheHelgo said:

I guarantee you that they will have infinitely more fun watching the same current setlist that Guns is playing versus some setlist full of lesser known songs that some of you hardcore fans are wanting just to satisfy your hardcoreness. 

They could easily ditch some of the CD songs. Guarantee there will be more people in thr audience that know/like the real lesser known Guns song than that stuff.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 4

Talking about setlist...

Metallica is always a good reference...a REAL band...always producing new songs...relevancy.

The last show:

"Hardwired"
"Atlas, Rise!"
"For Whom the Bell Tolls"
"Fuel"
"The Unforgiven"
"Now That We're Dead"
"Moth Into Flame"
"Wherever I May Roam"
"Confusion"
"Halo on Fire"
"Sad But True"
"One"
"Master of Puppets"
"Fade to Black"
"Seek & Destroy"

Encore:
"Fight Fire With Fire"
"Nothing Else Matters"
"Enter Sandman"

Edited by auad

25 minutes ago, auad said:

Talking about setlist...

Metallica is always a good reference...a REAL band...always producing new songs...relevancy.

The last show:

"Hardwired"
"Atlas, Rise!"
"Fuel"
"The Unforgiven"
"Now That We're Dead"
"Moth Into Flame"
"Wherever I May Roam"
"Confusion"
"Halo on Fire"
"Sad But True"
"One"
"Master of Puppets"
"Fade to Black"
"Seek & Destroy"

Encore:
"Fight Fire With Fire"
"Nothing Else Matters"
"Enter Sandman"

Their set lists are great (now), but they are as boring as all get out to see live now.  Lars is awful and they haven't put out more than two good songs on any of these garbage albums since LOAD in total.

interestingly and back on topic Metallica changes their set lists up low like Guns did in the 90s and Guns varies now as much as Metallica basically did not in the 90s.  They've basically reversed roles in that way completely.

Edited by tsinindy

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Their new album has received good reviews from fans and critics alike, as did Death Magnetic, production aside.

The album is fantastic. They are a REAL band, not a nostalgia act.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Their new album has received good reviews from fans and critics alike, as did Death Magnetic, production aside.

Have you heard it?   And your thoughts?  My statements were my opinion, not a representation of a general consensus of reviews.  Though I do know pitchfork trashed Death Magnetic and felt Hardwired was marginally better.  

Edit:. Sorry pitchfork trashed St Anger and felt Death Magnetic was marginally better and Hardwired marginally better than DM.

Edited by tsinindy

Just now, tsinindy said:

Have you heard it?   And your thoughts?  My statements were my opinion, not a representation of a general consensus of reviews.  Though I do know pitchfork trashed Death Magnetic and felt Hardwired was marginally better.  

Yes. I found it good. As with most modern Metallica albums, it should have been shorter of course - the quality drops a bit on the second side - but it is a solid effort with some good chugging riffs. I'd probably rate it 3/5.

• Like 1

On 23/1/2017 at 8:53 AM, Nightrain92 said:

I agree!! 

Seems that on this forum people can't understand that for the crowds attending the shows it's  the first time that hear this setlist live on this tour... I personally watched a lot of shows via periscope and can understand that it's boring seeing always the same songs but the show is for the fans attending not for us on Internet!!

I'll go next summer to see the band in Europe for the first time with this lineup and I would be very disappointed if they don't play this songs cause live it's another experience and I want to hear them even if I know this songs...

After this tour is over we might get a new album or an arena tour with a more varied setlist with deep cuts but til then it's gonna be the same set because they are touring countries for the first time with this lineup and people wanna hear the hits

I got nothing on them repeating the setlist in different cities and countries. But I get what people are complaining about.. I think they demand that spontaneous thing GNR had, like in 09 when Axl said what do you wanna do next, and then tommy says Nice Boys for example; i mean go for it, that is rock n roll (and its really cool and thrilling). Only time will tell.. 
another (exaggerate) e.g: 

48 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Their set lists are great (now), but they are as boring as all get out to see live now.  Lars is awful and they haven't put out more than two good songs on any of these garbage albums since LOAD in total.

interestingly and back on topic Metallica changes their set lists up low like Guns did in the 90s and Guns varies now as much as Metallica basically did not in the 90s.  They've basically reversed roles in that way completely.

This is simply not true, Lars has step up his game in a big way these years, tight as ever. He's getting old sure but he's in incredible shape for a fifty year old drummer.

Look Metallica did a great job to please their fans all over the world to play deepcuts fans wanted to see. They have been able to accomplish outstanding achievements this decade, constantly getting new fans, being the most streamed metal band in the world, selling 5K copies of the Black Album each week in the US, Hardwired was top five in 105 countries etc. They're the biggest band in the world right now because they work hard at it.

St Anger, I Disappear, Fuel, The Day That Never Comes, Fixxxer, Unforgiven II and III, All Nightmare Long are classics amongst classics in their catalogue as well as successful covers like Turn The Page and Whiskey In The Jar.

1 hour ago, auad said:

Talking about setlist...

The last show:

"Hardwired"
"Atlas, Rise!"
"Fuel"
"The Unforgiven"
"Now That We're Dead"
"Moth Into Flame"
"Wherever I May Roam"
"Confusion"
"Halo on Fire"
"Sad But True"
"One"
"Master of Puppets"
"Fade to Black"
"Seek & Destroy"

Encore:
"Fight Fire With Fire"
"Nothing Else Matters"
"Enter Sandman"

Personally, I would rather see a Metallica show that consisted exclusively of songs off albums through the Black album.  IMO, most of what came after the Black album is sub par from a Metallica standpoint.  I saw them several times pre St. Anger and was blown away every show.  Saw them a couple times post 2005 and left underwhelmed.  Just my opinion.