Same setlist, different day

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Look at literally the end of every single one of my posts!  I say the same thing, which not only answers this part of your post but it leads me to believe that you are not even reading my posts in full lol.  I will quote an earlier post of mine which was also a reply to you:

Not at all, actually.  I would say your reading of me is wrong.  I simply know the music industry and I know how a lot of big bands of GNR's status work.  I know exactly what I am getting into and this tour is exactly what I thought it was going to be in terms of setlist variation.  I have been dissatisfied many times by various bands - GNR during this tour however is not one of said acts

No I read everything perfectly 

I feel you have extremely low standards as a fan. 

You are setting time limits and restrictions on when you say your fandom will change.  Cool.  I have no set time me limits.   I feel if the band plays in a market back to backlights the show should be drastically different.   I feel if the band returns to a country after a year and the show isn't different is a shame 

you compare this band to other bands for some reason.  But then donnot comment on the fact that this band doesn't do anything else like other bands 

for examples 

you are comparing this bands set lists to other big band set lists.   Cool.  Even though i don't agree with that.  Fine. Whatever.  

But 

if you want to say "hey other bands do this so Guns can" 

then also bring into effect what other bands do 

new music 

interviews 

no so many covers 

i will never compare this band to others as it's stupid.   Not to many other bands this sized are prinarilary owned by a nut 

but 

if you want to compare this band to others to justify you opinion.  Compare them to everything these other bands do 

I might give this band a break for playing so many cover songs if they actually came out and said why they do it.   Or a break on not playing more original music.  If they actually said why they don't.   Or might understand why they do not release new music.  If they would let us as fans know why they don't.   You know cause other bands do this....  ugh 

They really need to drop the seeker, make sure that both don't cry and patience get played every night.

Maybe put live and let die and kohd on rotation so they can play my Michelle and out ta get me more often.

drop TIL altogether and add in a couple of UYI tracks like perfect crime, dust n bones or even bad obsession.

the current set list is getting stale.

22 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

No I read everything perfectly 

I feel you have extremely low standards as a fan. 

You are setting time limits and restrictions

Extremely low standards? Well excuse me for simply being happy during the two GNR shows I caught last year, I didn't know that apparently I have low standards and shouldn't have enjoyed seeing Slash, Duff, and Axl rip through some great songs on two separate occasions  :shrugs:  

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

They really need to drop the seeker, make sure that both don't cry and patience get played every night.

Maybe put live and let die and kohd on rotation so they can play my Michelle and out ta get me more often.

drop TIL altogether and add in a couple of UYI tracks like perfect crime, dust n bones or even bad obsession.

the current set list is getting stale.

Without Izzy? By gawd sir!!

33 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Extremely low standards? Well excuse me for simply being happy during the two GNR shows I caught last year, I didn't know that apparently I have low standards and shouldn't have enjoyed seeing Slash, Duff, and Axl rip through some great songs on two separate occasions  :shrugs:  

Should I wait a few more mins for you to edit your post again. 

Seems you keep going back in and doing this 

yes you seem to have very low fandom expectations 

you also seem to try and relate this band to other bands just for the case of your justifying your own opinions.....

if you are fine with seeing this show back to back nights and having it be pretty much the same cool.    If you are fine with them playing the same show in markets that are relatively close   Cool 

I am not 

I have moderate to high fandom standards   As a fan this show is great.  Once off.   

Star Wars is a great movie.  I also won't watch that every night.   Steak is great.  I can't eat that every night.  AFD is the greatest album ever.  I now switch the radio station if most of the songs come on though.  I def can't listen to that album every night.  Let alone see this same show every night.   I am a fan and expect more 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

yes you seem to have very low fandom expectations 

Nope.  I have "realistic" expectations.  All I can say is if you are the person with the high expectations, thank heavens that I do not share the same mindset as you.

Let alone see this same show every night.   I am a fan and expect more 

•  

This is the problem, right here.  People do not understand that 99.9 percent of concert goers do not see multiple nights of a tour or watch Periscope every night.  You as a fan are not expected to see every show of the tour on behalf of the band.  Look at the attendance numbers and sales for GNR's Not In This Lifetime Tour.  You don't do that well on accident, GNR is doing something right.  

GNR isn't automatically doing something wrong if you, sir BaconMan, do not want to see multiple nights on a tour.  Most people don't see multiple nights on a tour, hence the setlist for GNR and many many many other bands of this status

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Nope.  I have "realistic" expectations.  All I can say is if you are the person with the high expectations, thank heavens that I do not share the same mindset as you.

This is the problem, right here.  People do not understand that 99.9 percent of concert goers do not see multiple nights of a tour or watch Periscope every night.  You as a fan are not expected to see every show of the tour on behalf of the band.  Look at the attendance numbers and sales for GNR's Not In This Lifetime Tour.  You don't do that well on accident, GNR is doing something right.  

GNR isn't automatically doing something wrong if you, sir BaconMan, do not want to see multiple nights on a tour.  Most people don't see multiple nights on a tour, hence the setlist for GNR and many many many other bands of this status

Oh I have seen this band multiple times on a tour.  

I have travelled many times to see them as well 

not just myself but many of my friends and I have made road trips out of this 

the best was a few years ago here in Canada when they played many different songs every night in markets that where very close.   

Mao it's your opinion that this is ok.  It's your opinion that people don't travel 

it's a fact that I have.  It's a fact that friends of mine have.  It's a fact that when I have been to other cities that have had this show that others there have actualled travelled to this show 

it's my opinion that now with this show it's a shame they do not switch it up at all for these fans that would like to travel to multiple shows.  See multiple shows etc 

again. It's low expectations vs higher expectations of being a fan 

7 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

again. It's low expectations vs higher expectations of being a fan 

Different expectations, my expectations are not low.  I suppose all in all we shall agree to disagree, I can see neither our views are going to budge.

11 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Different expectations, my expectations are not low.  I suppose all in all we shall agree to disagree, I can see neither our views are going to budge.

That's right 

and you only pick out one or two points out of every post that you comment on anyways.   I have a dumb wall over here I am staring at I may try and start a conversation with.   Perhaps it will actually come up with something of value. 

It also loves cover songs 

3 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

That's right 

and you only pick out one or two points out of every post that you comment on anyways.   I have a dumb wall over here I am staring at I may try and start a conversation with.   Perhaps it will actually come up with something of value. 

It also loves cover songs 

Well yeah because if I tackled more than one wrong point in a single post you made I wouldn't have time to make some tea and play guitar :)

Well that plus I always tend to not bother addressing things I already mentioned in previous replies many times over...

This topic continues to crack me up. If you don't want to see the show, more room for me to boogie! Saw Vegas x2 and Pitt last year and loved every minute. I am also a huge fan of Widespread Panic, a southern jam band that won't repeat a song for a minimum of 3-5 shows. I have seen them a couple hundred times since 96 all over the country. I wish Guns had the catalog that WSP does but they are also hitting new markets still, with people that want to see the greatest hits with Axl, Slash and Duff. For most of these people it's a dream come true, even without the entire lineup. It was for me. Every band is different and you should educate yourself so you have reasonable expectations for each band and what they do. Last year at this time I could not fathom the fact a childhood dream was going to come true to see the big 3 together. If Panic were to repeat a show, I would be shocked but I'm expecting a fairly similar show this summer when Guns hits Denver and even if it's identical to those from last year, I promise you I will be fucking raging and scaring most of you there with my ninja dance moves. This band can't win. Yes, I would bust in my pants if the OG 5 walked out and hopefully time will heal more wounds but I will be just as happy if the show opens with ISE with Frank, Fortus and so on. I feel like I'm on borrowed time with this band and I will take what I can get. I get the fact fans want to see more of the GnR short but genius catalog live, as do I but at the same time, a year ago, we didn't know if they could pull it off and it could be over as fast as it showed up. The internet and an instant gratification society has ruined a lot of things. And for people to bitch so fierce about something that no one ever saw happening on any level ever again, less than a year into it just makes me laugh. Just keep bitching and moaning but don't come crying when it's over for good. As for me, I will get goosebumps every time I hear the songs that shaped my childhood, live and direct. Yes, I would love more but I'm just so happy now. So quit complaining, bounce from here and don't attend shows so I can steal your dancing room. All the complaining is what's wrong with this world. Entitlement and the me me attitude is lame when we can still find some fun if you drop the ego.

Went to see top 100 tours from 2016. Looked into top 10 from rock bands.

Coldplay - same core of 70-80% and a lot of rarities and one off covers thrown in for the rest. Basically what we want from GnR

Paul McCartney - setlist has 38 songs, pretty much the same every night but every night has some rarities among those and you can get anything

Rolling Stones - same core of 13 songs, other 5 rotated heavily and anything could be played 

Black Sabbath - the same setlist every night, occasionally they add a song or two

Muse - see Rolling Stones

Iron Maiden - the same setlist

The Cure - 3h shows, never played the same set on the tour, Pearl Jam like

RHCP - 6 staples, some hits rotated every other night and a lot of songs in rotation for the 2nd half of setlist, a lot of different solo songs by guitarist too

AC/DC - see Black Sabbath

Phish - a jam band, anything could be played

So yeah, GnR are bellow average 

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Duff played Dust N' Bones when Loaded opened for Guns in Vancouver 2011, and it was pretty awesome. Duff and Axl could definitely handle it without Izzy.

I don't think the issue is if GnR now could handle it without it Izzy, the issue is why play it without Izzy.  They have plenty of other songs that they could play that would be new to the setlist that aren't Izzy songs.  Save that for if/when Izzy actually joins the band.  

I get a kick out of some people's posts here and there bush league advice 

I read someone's post.  To sum it up it says you should know what you are getting into beforehand with gnr.  You should know they don't change up the set list when playing back to back shows in the same city.   

How in the world would you know this?  On previous tours this wasn't the case.   This tour just started so there wasn't anything to back anything up other than previous concerts.  Where they did change things up

dont follow anything online or watch clips.  Ok but then how is one going to know the above?   I should just buy my tickets for Edmonton.  Not follow anything and just hope for the best ? 

Anyone that know this band knows they play covers. You know this going in.   They never used to play this amount of covers.   I could give them a break 30 years ago when they where a newer band with not much of a catalogue of original.  Now the band is a older band with wait... umm. Still not much of catalogs of original music 

if you don't like it don't go.  This is actually the best advise and one that I am following.  At these ticket prices I will never attend another show live unless they change something up.  Or by chance I happen to be on vacation in a market they are playing and have absolutely nothing else to do for 3 hrs of that night 

this is not music I grew up listening too and I am shocked some people say that 

this is Slash duff and Axl playing on old songs they wrote and some songs they didn't write.   Frank playing drums.  Richard doing whatever it is he actually does and mellisa bobbing up and down playing a keyboard had nothing to do with my childhood memories.   Well perhaps mellisa did haha

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

But not every band does do this. Guns are second to only Kiss in setlist stodginess. Even The Stones introduce deep cuts (and a new song, Doom and Gloom). Metallica play deep cuts.

But KISS play deep cuts in the Kruise and that's what they should do, is brilliant, because only the diehards go to the Kruise and they listen what they wanna listen, they will never play, I don't know, Nowhere to Run or Mr. Speed on a regular gig, nobody knows this shit

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

But not every band does do this. Guns are second to only Kiss in setlist stodginess. Even The Stones introduce deep cuts (and a new song, Doom and Gloom). Metallica play deep cuts.

and this tour that KISS is gonna start in may this year is gonna be full of deep cuts, they gonna recreate the Creatures of the Night tour, they gonna play stuff from Paul and Gene's solo albuns, songs from Creatures that they don't play since 1982....

Here is the thing some people miss who defend playing the same set list every night (sans 1 or 2 songs).  Its not just the fans who follow every show that get bored with the set list, the band must get bored with playing the same set list over and over each night. And its not like each leg has a new set list. At least if they did that it would not be so bad.   The band gets complacent and just goes through the motions because they must get bored playing the same songs over and over.  It does not need to be like PJ where you change it up every night and no two set lists are the same. Just have your core staple hits like 10-15 songs or so then rotate out the other 10.

the only staples you really need are Jungle, SCOM, ISE,  Brownstone, Nighttrain, PC, Patience, Dont Cry, Nov Rain, YCMB, Civil War,  KOHD,  and LALD. and if you have to add in CD songs then CD and Better. 

Edited by gnfnr2k

11 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Ok 100 % of concert goers don't go to multiple shows. They don't post in forums. They don't watch periscope/youtube. Now I really don't think they are like " I can't wait to hear Better such classic timeless incredible song" or like " Wow! It is a dream come true to be able to listen The Seeker and Layla" Do you really think 99.9 of concert goers are looking forward to those songs?

I think this is the issue. So the list would be better off with Pretty Tied Up or Perfect Crime. Or just with Patience, OTGM, My Michelle, UTLH and Don't Cry getting played in the same show. It doesn't seems to me I'm asking for a radical revolution.

• Like 1

Just imagine 

joe perry and Steven Tyler when they got back together played covers.   Jagger and Richards when they got back together played covers.   If by chance Paul and Lennon made it back together.    

Point is.  This is "supposed" to be a big three sorta reunion.    I want to hear guns in roses music.   Not the big three return to play music written by other people.    That's cheap easy and boring 

but only in the land of gnr fandom is this acceptable   Very low expections I find in the fan circle.  

We need jams to give Axl a break (even though he didn't need one with ac/dc). Where a 70 year old guitar player wouldn't stop moving for 2 hrs 

they are not actually cover songs    Because they were released on albums that sold millions and they are hits and people want to hear them so they have to play them  yeah cool   They are still cover songs that should of been dropped from staples in a set list many many years ago 

the other covers songs are fine to play because the band obviously wants to play them so it's cool   Oh yeah    Perfectly fine to go to a Guns n roses concert and listen to them sing music written by others    While they rotate there own original music nightly   

We are getting deep cuts   We are getting coma ever night    You know what I could go with out 45 mins of a concert being taken up with nightly with coma estranged and rocket queen    Have the 3 on rotation every three concerts   Rotate in some shorter duration songs and rotate them as well every three shows    This will freshen up the setlist and give some bonus for the travelling die hard fans to attend more than one show 

• Like 1