Josh Freese: Would you guys approve a comeback?

I would take Freese over Frank. Most fans would, but if Frank were going anywhere I feel lke that move would have been made by now...

Plus, it's cheaper to pay Frank. I would imagine Freese would cost more and Axl, Slash and Duff have made sure that they obviously make out the best here.

this might come as a shock but Brain doesn't play drums anymore since guns, By his own admission.

He didn't want to tour because he didn't like the touring life anymore with a small kid. after guns Korn invited him to tour with them, which he considered and turned down because of the same reason, he doesn't like touring.

Ever since he's been producing music for games and he hasn't played drums. he even said he didn't have drum set up at his studio for years. 

So as much of a great player as he is. he probably is wayyy outta shape now

I'd approve no one but Stevie.  Well actually i don't give a flying fuck but I mean if you pose the question and I'm bound to answer then Stevie.  We're finally getting to a place where the original lads might all get on the firm together for the first time in decades, last thing we need is a step backwards.

Josh Freese, the cunt never played a gig with em did he?  He might be fuckin' awful in a GnR context live.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I'd approve no one but Stevie.  Well actually i don't give a flying fuck but I mean if you pose the question and I'm bound to answer then Stevie.  We're finally getting to a place where the original lads might all get on the firm together for the first time in decades, last thing we need is a step backwards.

Josh Freese, the cunt never played a gig with em did he?  He might be fuckin' awful in a GnR context live.

He's a great live drummer. He had a job to do with GNR, what he would have done live with GNR would have been a lot looser or precise, depending on the song. He just couldn't commit at the time to them. 

On 23/1/2017 at 0:30 PM, Rovim said:

Frank is the drummer and it's gonna stay that way I think. 10 years in the band, he's probably not going anywhere. I like his Chinese work, not so much live.

I feel like he's a better fit for Gn'R compared to Josh, even if Josh fuckin' destroys him on a technical level. Slash did an album with Josh, I didn't feel the chemistry there. Slash, Duff, Frank, and Fortus have the potential to sound great together in the studio.

Sometimes Frank fucks shit up live so bad and sometimes he sounds really good. I'm still not a fan. I prefer Adler or Brain but that's not likely to happen.

Really ? Just listen Ghost .. there's all there! They are great together , and that song only has more life and power than Chinese entirely

15 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Josh wouldn't have fitted with the rest of the band.

Frank's perfect for that line-up.

think better man...

Watch again Brain's "jungle" performance in that VMA 2002 performance

Edited by auad

21 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

this might come as a shock but Brain doesn't play drums anymore since guns, By his own admission.

He didn't want to tour because he didn't like the touring life anymore with a small kid. after guns Korn invited him to tour with them, which he considered and turned down because of the same reason, he doesn't like touring.

Ever since he's been producing music for games and he hasn't played drums. he even said he didn't have drum set up at his studio for years. 

So as much of a great player as he is. he probably is wayyy outta shape now

He played on Serj Tankian's (from system of a Down) debut album in 2007, and again on one song on his 2nd album in 2010. I like Serj, so Brain gets another plus from me.

3 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Really ? Just listen Ghost .. there's all there! They are great together , and that song only has more life and power than Chinese entirely

It's a good song, I like it. Shit lyrics though. Josh's drumming on that one is nothing special. It's Izzy that brings the magic to it for me and the wolfman.

Josh's drumming is much more exciting on Oh My God, and Josh is responsible for most of the drums on Chinese, he came up with the parts so I guess he sounded much better with new Guns than on the Slash and friends album. What a weird sentence.

Edited by Rovim

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think you are applying your ''Chinese'' affiliated bias my friend. ''Ghosts'' has actually rather fine lyrics.

Some shit about killing a cock rock ghost that hides in my soul rock n' roll? seriously? at least Chinese got stew people in it. Just the way Axl pronounces "classic case" alone is worth the price of admission. And the theme is quite cool actually if you don't take it too literally.

Edited by Rovim