Josh Freese: Would you guys approve a comeback?

I mean, frank gets a lot of hate and is well known that his kit sounds awful, steve apparently can't be there full time and matt is butthurt. In a (really) hypothetical situation, axl decides freese should come back, would you guys approve that?

IMHO, he's a beast, best drummer the band has ever had (HUGE shame we've never got to see him perform), and would be awesome to have him back

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Here's my thoughts on this....Frank isn't a bad drummer.  He's actually pretty solid.  John, Brain (even Sorum) are both great drummers.

But, as long as Steven is alive and seems capable of performing, then he should be the drunmer for this band.  His sound, his groove are desperately missing.  No one can ever replicate that.  

So, in those terms, I don't give a shit who is Guns drummer if it isn't Steven.

I see Freese - Steven the same way i see Bucket - Slash. Both steven and slash are the perfect fit, but bucket and freese are more skillful, and if you can't have the "original", you better have bucket and freese...

Frank is the drummer and it's gonna stay that way I think. 10 years in the band, he's probably not going anywhere. I like his Chinese work, not so much live.

I feel like he's a better fit for Gn'R compared to Josh, even if Josh fuckin' destroys him on a technical level. Slash did an album with Josh, I didn't feel the chemistry there. Slash, Duff, Frank, and Fortus have the potential to sound great together in the studio.

Sometimes Frank fucks shit up live so bad and sometimes he sounds really good. I'm still not a fan. I prefer Adler or Brain but that's not likely to happen.

1 hour ago, rendestroi95 said:

I mean, frank gets a lot of hate and is well known that his kit sounds awful, steve apparently can't be there full time and matt is butthurt. In a (really) hypothetical situation, axl decides freese should come back, would you guys approve that?

IMHO, he's a beast, best drummer the band has ever had (HUGE shame we've never got to see him perform), and would be awesome to have him back

Couldn't agree more. Josh is a beast. He can be seem playing with Sting, Nine Inch Nails, The Vandals, you name it.... Most versatile drummer i have ever seen

3 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

I see Freese - Steven the same way i see Bucket - Slash. Both steven and slash are the perfect fit, but bucket and freese are more skillful, and if you can't have the "original", you better have bucket and freese...

uhhhh.....still yet to find Buckethead on ANY "greatest guitarists of all times" list, unlike Slash who is on ALL of them!

2 hours ago, gnrsucksdotcom said:

Couldn't agree more. Josh is a beast. He can be seem playing with Sting, Nine Inch Nails, The Vandals, you name it.... Most versatile drummer i have ever seen

I've got nothing to contribute about Josh but your display name is special. Which incarnation of GNR sucks the most according to you?:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

Josh is a great drummer, so if Frank got kicked out for whatever reason, I'd be happy to see him taking over. BUT I think he's not really interested in touring as much as GNR like to. Also, the big problem there is that things seem to be going well with the current drummer ;)