Josh Freese: Would you guys approve a comeback?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Four times.

Why didn't he excise editorial control when he was writing ''pussy full of maggots'' in his notebook, scratching it out with a pen, and not posthumous to a performance at a 200,000 capacity televised festival?

Probably cause Dizzy and Pitman wrote it and he wanted to do them a favor. Include them. And again, to road test all of it, still doesn't officially represent his artistic vision.

Just now, Rovim said:

Probably cause Dizzy and Pitman wrote it and he wanted to do them a favor. Include them. And again, to road test all of it, still doesn't officially represent his artistic vision.

So are you saying that Rio 3 was not ''an official GN'R show'' and did not ''represent his artistic vision''?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

So are you saying that Rio 3 was not ''an official GN'R show'' and did not ''represent his artistic vision''?

That is not what I'm saying, no. I simply think that even though Axl showcased the tune to 200,000 South Americans, it didn't count at all cause it wasn't part of the only album new Guns released.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

That is not what I'm saying, no. I simply think that even though Axl showcased the tune to 200,000 South Americans, it didn't count at all cause it wasn't part of the only album new Guns released.

Well we are just going to have to disagree it seems.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well we are just going to have to disagree it seems.

Not a part of Gn'R's catalog, it has no place in this discussion. Just because you want your opinion to somehow count as fact doesn't make it so.

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Not part of Gn'R's catalog, it has no place in this discussion. Just because you want your opinion to somehow count as fact doesn't make it so.

And what is your excuse for the ''Chinese stew'' line? Surely you cannot pretend that is 'unofficial?

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And what is your excuse for the ''Chinese stew'' line? Surely you cannot pretend that is 'unofficial?

Axl likes to watch movies and Beta can cook up a mean stew.

Edited by Rovim

Good lord I just realized how dumb I am :rofl-lol:. I never really understood the problem with that line in particular. Now I realized that it is because I never once listen to that line and thought of people sitting in food.

Let me tell you,  it is much more amusing to imagine people sitting in a literal pot of food rather than people just sitting around in a state of anxiety and agitation.

On 23/01/2017 at 3:30 PM, Silent Jay said:

can you elaborate on what you just said? Rather than saying something so closed minded.

Close minded LOL

Do i really need to elaborate more? He's playing on a jazz kit and it sounds weak, and it becomes even more clear when we talk about songs with strong drum lines, YCBM, RQ, Coma, you name it...

1 hour ago, rendestroi95 said:

Close minded LOL

Do i really need to elaborate more? He's playing on a jazz kit and it sounds weak, and it becomes even more clear when we talk about songs with strong drum lines, YCBM, RQ, Coma, you name it...

As a matter of fact I think Dave Grohl uses the same drum kit as Frank.

Does Dave sound jazzy to you? Did Steven Adler sound jazzy when he was playing Frank's kit?

I'm a big fan of his sound, his bass drum is very big-fat sounding with crystal clear cymbals. I think he could improve the sound of his snare drum a little bit, but what do I know. I like him he's a meticulous straight rocknroll drummer with very funky swings.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

As a matter of fact I think Dave Grohl uses the same drum kit as Frank.

Does Dave sounds jazzy to you? Did Steven Adler sound jazzy when he was playing Frank's kit?

I'm a big fan of his sound, his bass drum is very big-fat sounding with crystal clear cymbals. I think he could improve the sound of his snare drum a little bit, but what do I know. I like him he's a meticulous straight rocknroll drummer with very funky swings.

i don't want to sound rude but i don't really care about dave grohl. And i've said this before, when Adler played on Frank's kit the only thing which i thought was improved was the drumming itself, because the sound was still bad

3 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Good lord I just realized how dumb I am :rofl-lol:. I never really understood the problem with that line in particular. Now I realized that it is because I never once listen to that line and thought of people sitting in food.

Let me tell you,  it is much more amusing to imagine people sitting in a literal pot of food rather than people just sitting around in a state of anxiety and agitation.

To me it seems like about that late 90s band situation, a lot of ingredients/opinions but no direction. Kind of a commual situation, all for one and one for all attitude that goes nowhere. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wasted said:

I think peace could last forever was Duff? 

On September 27, 1993, Duff explained where the song came from in an interview with the radio show Rockline: "Basically it was a riff that we would do at soundchecks. Axl came up with a couple of lines at the beginning. I went in a peace march, when I was a little kid, with my mom. I was like 4 years old. For Martin Luther King. And that's when: 'Did you wear the black arm band when they shot the man who said: 'Peace could last forever?' It's just true-life experiences, really.'"

On 24/1/2017 at 5:20 PM, Rovim said:

It's a good song, I like it. Shit lyrics though. Josh's drumming on that one is nothing special. It's Izzy that brings the magic to it for me and the wolfman.

Josh's drumming is much more exciting on Oh My God, and Josh is responsible for most of the drums on Chinese, he came up with the parts so I guess he sounded much better with new Guns than on the Slash and friends album. What a weird sentence.

hahaha it's weird indeed! but i loved his drumming on Slash's album.. but when it comes to music all is subjective but Frank is shit