The whining thread

john lennon

ow ow owwww, i really effed up. i was cleaning my kitchen and doing dishes and trying to make a teriyaki sauce for the noodles and i turned around to get a pan off the stove and next thing i knew i was slipping in some water on the floor. i landed with my right leg like twisted under me. the ankle i felt right away and i was scared to death cos it's the one i broke bad years back...i still have a pin in it. i went into shock, thought i was gonna black out so i sat there for what seemed like hours. then i had to see if it was broken so i stood up and almost fell again cos my knee buckle...think i messed it up too. finally i grabbed a bag of frozen strawberries and hobbled way slow to the couch. i have it elevated...damn damn damn! my male BFF is coming by after work to take me to urgent care. :scared: the good thing is i had my percocet on the coffee table right by me. i am such a stupid klutz :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ow ow owwww, i really effed up. i was cleaning my kitchen and doing dishes and trying to make a teriyaki sauce for the noodles and i turned around to get a pan off the stove and next thing i knew i was slipping in some water on the floor. i landed with my right leg like twisted under me. the ankle i felt right away and i was scared to death cos it's the one i broke bad years back...i still have a pin in it. i went into shock, thought i was gonna black out so i sat there for what seemed like hours. then i had to see if it was broken so i stood up and almost fell again cos my knee buckle...think i messed it up too. finally i grabbed a bag of frozen strawberries and hobbled way slow to the couch. i have it elevated...damn damn damn! my male BFF is coming by after work to take me to urgent care. :scared: the good thing is i had my percocet on the coffee table right by me. i am such a stupid klutz :facepalm:

Damn girl.... hoping for the best. Keep us informed....I will be worried until we hear back from you.

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Didn't you say that Dad has already passed away?  If so, it's just the worst situation when you are the only one left to care for a parent.  My Mom was much more flexible than yours sounds, but, no matter what I did I always felt like someone was losing.  

The thing is, you're not stuck with her.  It's sad, but the truth is, what's happening to your Mom is the progression of life.  Most people reach a point where they need someone to help care for them.  Sure it's Ok to expect your kids to help, but not to give up their life.  

Yeah he died last January. She will be 87 next week. I see her going downhill slowly. At least I have my new job now so I can get away from hell for a little when I work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

You still have a choice, you don't need to take shit from anyone. It comes down to whether you are willing to draw the line. You could continue living in wait for her approval or do what you want with your life. If you take a firm stance, and if she's smart, she will back off a little.

I doubt it. I'm over 50 been dealing with her crap all my life.:facepalm:

ok i went to urgent care. usually it takes forever but because i had been there a couple years ago they had all my info so i didn't have to do paperwork. i have a grade 2 ankle sprain and that is not as good as if it was grade 1 but very better than grade 3 which is pretty serious. they were unable to give a definitive diagnosis on the knee because even though it is actually more painful than the ankle there was no swelling but it can take up to 48 hours to swell. i did get a shot of some kind of painkiller which is good but i do not want to see my idiot dr ( the nice and infinitely more qualified nurse practitioner i usually see is off til Monday. )

i am thinking positive thoughts and thank y'all for your good wishes :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok i went to urgent care. usually it takes forever but because i had been there a couple years ago they had all my info so i didn't have to do paperwork. i have a grade 2 ankle sprain and that is not as good as if it was grade 1 but very better than grade 3 which is pretty serious. they were unable to give a definitive diagnosis on the knee because even though it is actually more painful than the ankle there was no swelling but it can take up to 48 hours to swell. i did get a shot of some kind of painkiller which is good but i do not want to see my idiot dr ( the nice and infinitely more qualified nurse practitioner i usually see is off til Monday. )

That sounds better than a break. Feel better soon. :hug:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Yikes girl...ankle injuries are no joke. Rest up and heal quickly!!! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, janrichmond said:

It's horrible when the parent needs taking care of, i've done it and it's way harder than raising a family of your own. My kids know that i don't want them caring for me (all 6 of them) so when I'm too old to look after myself i'll just top myself :P

It is indeed hard, my grandparents had an accident 2 months ago and my mom is still taking care of them. My grandmom is recovering good, but my grandpa is not in a good condition, he is forgetting things, he is forgetting people, he forgets that he needs to swallow food, he keeps on chewing for 20 mins nonstop.

Its sad to see him in such condition as I have been very close to him.

But my mom is really going out the way to help them and is taking care of them, my aunts are there, they come from time to time.

God knows what will happen with me when I am at their age, at least my grandparents have me and my mom and my aunts, I guess I will have no one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Słash said:

It is indeed hard, my grandparents had an accident 2 months ago and my mom is still taking care of them. My grandmom is recovering good, but my grandpa is not in a good condition, he is forgetting things, he is forgetting people, he forgets that he needs to swallow food, he keeps on chewing for 20 mins nonstop.

But my mom is really going out the way to help them and is taking care of them, my aunts are there, they come from time to time.

God knows what will happen with me when I am at their age, at least my grandparents have me and my mom and my aunts, I guess I will have no one. 

Don't sweat it bro. In the end we all gotta face that day alone. Until then- give it hell, and let's drink to the salt of the earth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Słash said:

I know what you mean. Once my mom is gone, the only family left will be me and my son. It's scary...even if she is driving me mad:facepalm:

• Like 1

Maybe MyGNR isn't the place to post this, but I really don't feel like talking to anyone face to face right now and don't really have anyone that understands. I'm in the middle of a three day stretch where I really don't want to get out of bed. The only thing that makes me leave my apartment is going to work. I don't know what I want to do with college, I don't have much of a social life, and I'm just directionless overall. I'm only 19, but it feels like I have to have it figured out by the time I'm 20 or I'm never going to figure it out. So again, sorry to post this here and if I bummed anyone out, I'm sorry for that too. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87