The whining thread

john lennon

3 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I have laryngitis. It's amazing how losing my voice makes me feel like a complete cripple, even though the rest of me works fine! 

Lot's of fluids and rest for you! At least it might be an excuse for having a lazy day. Get well soon! :D 

• Like 1

i cannot believe it! i knew my cam was messed up at the ocean but i thought my friend had fixed it and i took so many pretty pictures in Sac...it's the middle of camellia season and i got so many good ones, plus green green green everywhere ( i MISS green ) the blooming trees, some places i had lived just....gone :cry: posting some pics he tok plus some of the area in the travel section...i will be going back when the roses bloom, that should be spectacular ( with a new camera! :P )

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

6 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I have laryngitis. It's amazing how losing my voice makes me feel like a complete cripple, even though the rest of me works fine! 

That is never fun...I once had it so bad my boss sent me home even though I felt just fine! Hope you get your voice back soon! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

That is never fun...I once had it so bad my boss sent me home even though I felt just fine! Hope you get your voice back soon! 

never had laryngitis...had tonsillitis three times in a row during my freshman year in college and the dr on campus said once more and i'd have to have them out. got past that but a few years later i got bronchitis...could barely get a whisper out and a fever that caused some interesting hallucinations! someone finally gave me a giant penicillin pill, i took it and started feeling better. then i was starving and of course my horrid ex had nothing to eat in the house... coke addicts rarely eat :facepalm: i found a loaf of bread that was almost completely green with mold but i tried to cut around the mold and ate the non-mold part. did not get all the mold out and threw up like crazy! later when i had health insurance i told my dr. who actually had a good laugh about it :lol:

30 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

never had laryngitis...had tonsillitis three times in a row during my freshman year in college and the dr on campus said once more and i'd have to have them out. got past that but a few years later i got bronchitis...could barely get a whisper out and a fever that caused some interesting hallucinations! someone finally gave me a giant penicillin pill, i took it and started feeling better. then i was starving and of course my horrid ex had nothing to eat in the house... coke addicts rarely eat :facepalm: i found a loaf of bread that was almost completely green with mold but i tried to cut around the mold and ate the non-mold part. did not get all the mold out and threw up like crazy! later when i had health insurance i told my dr. who actually had a good laugh about it :lol:

Yuck...moldy bread is never good lol! I have had so many tonsil and ear infections that I finally had my tonsils out at age 26. Not for the faint of heart at that age but best decision I ever made! 

6 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yuck...moldy bread is never good lol! I have had so many tonsil and ear infections that I finally had my tonsils out at age 26. Not for the faint of heart at that age but best decision I ever made! 

it was either moldy bready or starve :( my horrid ex didn't care...he was too high on coke at the time...

6 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I always feel like such an asshole for laughing at those commercials. It's just that the acting is so horrible it's funny.

I know what you mean...but on a more serious note my mom fell last year on New Year's Eve 2015. My dad was in the hospital dying and she was really tired from staying at the hospital and came home to rest. She tripped going to get the mail in the driveway and broke her glasses, skinned her knees up and busted her forehead open. Had to go back to the hospital by ambulance. That is when she called me from the ER and told me I needed to come back home to help her.

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I know what you mean...but on a more serious note my mom fell last year on New Year's Eve 2015. My dad was in the hospital dying and she was really tired from staying at the hospital and came home to rest. She tripped going to get the mail in the driveway and broke her glasses, skinned her knees up and busted her forehead open. Had to go back to the hospital by ambulance. That is when she called me from the ER and told me I needed to come back home to help her.

Sorry to hear about that. How's she doing now?

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Helping is scary. Not growing old is just as scary as growing old and becoming your mom.

Helping is scary...my mom has become a real opinionated lady and drives me crazy....as far as becoming like her when I get old, since we are total opposites, I highly doubt that. But I told my son that if I ever get like that to just kill me, because I would rather be dead than act like she does :facepalm:

Now for my whine for today...gotta go all over town in search of my color hair dye because the stores seem to think it is acceptable to only stock one box of my color....hello some people do have really long hair and need two boxes to dye their hair...the closest store had one box, which I bought last week so now I have to drive around looking for the other one. :blink:

5 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Now for my whine for today...gotta go all over town in search of my color hair dye because the stores seem to think it is acceptable to only stock one box of my color....hello some people do have really long hair and need two boxes to dye their hair...the closest store had one box, which I bought last week so now I have to drive around looking for the other one. :blink:

What hair dye do you use? Have you tried ordering online? I usually buy my dye and (hair dye) developer online or from a beauty supply store. 

Yeah I feel you, my mom uses like 3 bottles of black dye her hair is so long. 

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

Helping is scary. Not growing old is just as scary as growing old and becoming your mom.

It's weird how I've gotten to the age where my mom and my stepmom actually seem pretty cool. My grandma, however, is the super opinionated type. Don't know why that is. 

2 hours ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

What hair dye do you use? Have you tried ordering online? I usually buy my dye and (hair dye) developer online or from a beauty supply store. 

Yeah I feel you, my mom uses like 3 bottles of black dye her hair is so long. 

I found it over near the mall, so I ended up going shopping too, which was great. After years of being pretty broke, I finally have money to spend on myself, so I spent about $150 in Victoria's Secret...and it was fun. :lol:

13 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I found it over near the mall, so I ended up going shopping too, which was great. After years of being pretty broke, I finally have money to spend on myself, so I spent about $150 in Victoria's Secret...and it was fun. :lol:

Awesome. Sounds really fun. I am more of a sale rack girl myself too hahaha. Sometimes you have to treat yourself. ;)