The whining thread

john lennon

On 3/21/2017 at 6:24 AM, BlueJean Baby said:

Now for my whine for today...gotta go all over town in search of my color hair dye because the stores seem to think it is acceptable to only stock one box of my color....hello some people do have really long hair and need two boxes to dye their hair...the closest store had one box, which I bought last week so now I have to drive around looking for the other one. :blink:

my hair is hip length and i am 5'9 so it's longer than say a woman who is like 5'5 and has hip length hair. i don't dye mine but i have begun using a better grade of hair conditioner. the last person who did my bangs did a comb out too ( she wanted to keep me there longer to try and talk me into cutting it off...as if! ) and she said i have the most baby fine hair she'd ever seen in some 40 odd years of doing hair! but i have a LOT of it so it looks very thick. before i was using Suave ( i know, it's as bad as dish soap :P ) but she talked me into a big bottle of Paul Mitchell biolage conditioner! why oh why have i not been using this all along? it makes it easy as pie to comb most of the tangles out and then i use Awapuhi moisture spray on it when it's try and it makes brushing the last of the tangles out so eay :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

my hair is hip length and i am 5'9 so it's longer than say a woman who is like 5'5 and has hip length hair. i don't dye mine but i have begun using a better grade of hair conditioner. the last person who did my bangs did a comb out too ( she wanted to keep me there longer to try and talk me into cutting it off...as if! ) and she said i have the most baby fine hair she'd ever seen in some 40 odd years of doing hair! but i have a LOT of it so it looks very thick. before i was using Suave ( i know, it's as bad as dish soap :P ) but she talked me into a big bottle of Paul Mitchell biolage conditioner! why oh why have i not been using this all along? it makes it easy as pie to comb most of the tangles out and then i use Awapuhi moisture spray on it when it's try and it makes brushing the last of the tangles out so eay :D

My hair does great with cheaper products...I tried some of the salon products and got no better results. Mine doesn't tangle bad. I cut about two inches off the bottom about every six months. It is really fine and stick straight. Back in the 80's big hair days I spent a fortune on hairspray to keep the curls in or they would be gone in thirty minutes. Paid $80 for a damn perm back then and they would not guarantee it would hold due to how straight it is and was....I ended up with straight hair with a couple if little waves it in after the perm.  So I gave up. 

Now I wash, condition, comb it out and go. Have not even owned a blow dryer in twenty years.

Not to mention a lot of salon products contain aloe and I seem to be one of the few people in earth that is highly allergic to it

Edited by BlueJean Baby

when i lived in Sac there was more humidity and i had a natural wave with a bit of curl. if i wanted a super curly look i just used that stuff ( i think even my MOM used it ) called Dep or Depp and i'd have tight curls for days!

when i was so sick they told my family at least three times me she is GOING to die...not maybe, just IS ( i was it out for a long time. )  but i remember these volunteers washed my hair and tried to comb it. then they were like we're gonna have to cut it short, there's no other way. all of a sudden i ROARED NO!!!! you are not cutting my hair! so after a month when i was released i knew exactly what i was gonna do. i slathered my hair in conditioner wrapped it in a towel and let it stay like that for like hours. then i got in the shower, and washed it out, then did a normal condition and those tangles were toast! :P i have not cut it since...well except for bangs. i NEED bangs! :D

18 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I have a hairdresser phobia :lol: I must be the only woman on the planet, right? 

Honestly I have serious anxiety issues with going to the hairdressers. My hair is long and straight and naturally blonde, so I don't need it colouring, I literally just get it washed and styled. I still seriously hate going though. My husband bought me a voucher for my birthday to the best hairdressers around here, that was in November and I still haven't been yet :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I have a hairdresser phobia :lol: I must be the only woman on the planet, right? 

Honestly I have serious anxiety issues with going to the hairdressers. My hair is long and straight and naturally blonde, so I don't need it colouring, I literally just get it washed and styled. I still seriously hate going though. My husband bought me a voucher for my birthday to the best hairdressers around here, that was in November and I still haven't been yet :lol:

I don't go to them. Had some serious hair issues from their mistakes in the past. My cousin owned one of the best salons in Atlanta and he gave me some tips, so I cut it myself, dye it myself and it is in great shape. I have to dye mine, I got grays early and my natural color looks awful with my complexion...dad's skin coloring and mom's hair color. Been blonde for about 35 years now, used to dye it lighter blonde than I do now.  It looks natural, and gray roots don't show as fast as brown ones do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

i am exactly the same. I always have someone come to my house, luckily having 5 girls they always have a couple of hairdresser mates between them. It's shitloads cheaper too i pay £40 for a full head of highlights/lowlights and a cut and blow-dry. Bargain!!

Obvs i get my maid to do it sometimes :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

i am exactly the same. I always have someone come to my house, luckily having 5 girls they always have a couple of hairdresser mates between them. It's shitloads cheaper too i pay £40 for a full head of highlights/lowlights and a cut and blow-dry. Bargain!!

my ex- sister- inlaw was a licensed beautitian. when i was about maybe 13? my hair was well below my shoulders. she offered to trim it up and give me bangs and kind of a layered look and i was dumb enough to let her :facepalm: she chopped the hell out of it! luckily my hair grows fast and i NEVER allowed her near my hair! but it was AWFUL :wacko:

11 hours ago, janrichmond said:

LOL!! Lah de dah Lady Richmond :P

I can't even bear the thought of them coming round my house to do my hair. I don't like how they have to get into your personal space, with a pair of scissors in their hand. It freaks me out :lol:

I'll let you get back to your cucumber sandwiches and Earl Grey :awesomeface:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm the same. My hair is super thick and nobody seems to know how to deal with it. Anytime I got to the hairdresser it always ends up being a 4+ hour ordeal so I avoid them like the plague. :lol:

• Like 1

Went out to get groceries with unzipped pants. This happens quite often cause I take a piss and smoke a bowl before I go out and I forget to do that. Hours of giggles later the only brutally honest man to point out the problem was the old guy that puts the groceries in the bag.

Also a fat lady holding a jar of mayo pushed me with her fat ass and my kart like it was a children's toy but it was in the diabetes isle so fair play.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Went out to get groceries with unzipped pants. This happens quite often cause I take a piss and smoke a bowl before I go out and I forget to do that. Hours of giggles later the only brutally honest man to point out the problem was the old guy that puts the groceries in the bag.

Shoulda said 'I'm a sex pest, this is for ease of access in case i pass any children or elderly ladies'.

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I'm the same. My hair is super thick and nobody seems to know how to deal with it. Anytime I got to the hairdresser it always ends up being a 4+ hour ordeal so I avoid them like the plague. :lol:

Thick hair is cool cuz whatever kinda messed up it is it looks pretty cool...I have fine hair, you gotta do something proper with it or you look a right dickhead.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I never knew you was a bird!  Learn something new everyday.  Don't take that wrong btw, I don't think i thought you were a geezer either, just never thought about it :lol:

• Like 1

Just goes to show how shitty my marriage was to my soon to be ex...he called today, was getting his taxes done and not sure why his tax preparer needed my birthdate...but he says your birthday is July 21st??? We were married 18 damn years...he should know by now it is the 28th ...smh:facepalm:

He also never once remembered our anniversary....dumb ass :rofl-lol:

20 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think my username isn't very feminine, I need to change when I can be arsed :lol:

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I get that too, Jan is a girls name here but other places apparently it's a guys name too. How about 'Northern Bird' for a new name :lol::lol:

I guess that would clarify among the Brit folk, but "bird" is not used to signify a female other places, at least not here anyway..they might just think you are a blue jay or something :lol:

• Like 1