The whining thread

john lennon

Damn Samsung just auto updated my phone and changed my browser to their Samsung Internet browser and wiped out all my bookmarks....would have been nice if you bothered to let people know before you change things...?

It was strange, was on my phone, took the dog out to piss, came back in and my browser had changed...?

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it

Tonight I was at an entrepreneurs' meeting. I met this guy who was creating a product for women. He seemed fairly well researched. But he said these immortal words which really annoyed me:

"I think it would be really unique to have a man's perspective when creating a product for women".

*****SLOW CLAP*******

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john lennon said:

I need an excuse to get out of a group project at uni for today so that I can open another bottle of wine, but idk what. Severe period cramps? 

Stomache flu. Total classic, undetectable ailment. 

• Like 1

Ugh. I have to drive to Kansas City today with my dad for a business trip (I work for his employer part time). We're splitting driving duties but 6 hours is still a long ass drive. I wouldn't be bitching if we didn't have to leave at 8 AM :P

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

Me and Mr. BaD are watching our nieces for the week and... I swear to God. What the hell is with Frozen? What kind of psychotic kiddie drug is this shit? What a terrible fucking movie! Why doesn't everyone just move south? What's up with the asshole parents? Don't even get me started on those fucking trolls. THAT SONG. We've watched this movie 6 times in 4 days.

8:00 this morning:

3 year old: Can we watch Frozen again?
Mr. BaD: NO!
3 year old: WHY NOT!!!???
Mr. BaD: This is my safe place. This is my home.
3 year old: PLEASE!!! I miss my Mommy!!!
Mr. BaD:

Image result for elsa channing gif

Breeders of the world? You have my respect. I can't live like this. Also?  #TeamTangled

Edited by beautifulanddamned
  • Like 1

Im hardening off tomatoes and peppers in 50 km/hr winds, on top of a steep ledge. I can barely stand in it so its a good thing this isn't first day of hardening. Need to go out and save them every 5 minutes or so.  indoor kitten making it out to fire escape with me, one way or another, every time i go out or come in.  Not a safe place for him for many reasons.  But I cant lock him in bathroom all day long, so, it will be the high steaks dance all day I guess.

sidenote: theres trees up the cliff and when squirrels shimmy up them my cat shakes to get loose of my arms to hunt them, but he leaps back inside to hunt viciously through the window!  hahaha!  

On 24.5.2017 at 7:00 AM, marlingrl03 said:

I am so so sorry. My Sadie passed away 3 weeks ago. :(  It's such a terribly hard thing to go through.

Yeah, I never thought it would hit me that hard. I never was a cat lover, I only got my cat because my older brother couldn't keep it any longer, his wife idoesn't like pets too much in general (which I absolutely don't get, pets are great). My original plan was to get a dog if my cat doesn't live anymore, now I'm thinking about either 2 cats or a dog. Since he's not there anymore, you suddenly realize how often you thought of him every day without knowing it, I can tell you it are dozens of times. Really sucks at the moment, but great I had such a nice cat.

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

Yup...I totally get it about those daily thoughts. Even when gone, they are forever in our hearts and minds. Sadie was my only cat but when I am ready to get another cat, it will be a pair of kittens.

I want them as long as possible. Sadie passed at 12, much too young in my book. :(

Bank whine #176.

So I try to make a payment with my both my cards, both wouldn't work through Paypal. 

Went to to do it by bank transfer at the branch and they bang me 20 dollars just to fill out a form. It was only a 60 dollar transfer! 

Luckily it was a half price deal. But their system sucks dicks. I got a handful of free candy on the way out. Carbless candy does not exist. Next thing you know they'll cancel my card, I'll have to wait 2 hours to get raped again to set it up. Goddamnsonofafuckingbitch

• Like 2

my bank charges nothing for transfers.

had a weird feeling last night cos i always check my account before i go to bed but i've had this LOVELY stomach bug and just spaced. anyway got up, looked at the account and saw my mortgage company had taken TWO payments out so i had an overdraft. luckily i have overdraft protection. had to talk to the mortgage company and they said well you signed up for auto pay. yeah i did BUT i got a letter saying i had to fill out the forms before that took place :facepalm:

they said basically a bunch of crap about how i could get the duplicate payment reimbursed but it was of course an incredibly complicated process so just said eff it. i just transferred money to checking. :max:

9 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

my bank charges nothing for transfers.

had a weird feeling last night cos i always check my account before i go to bed but i've had this LOVELY stomach bug and just spaced. anyway got up, looked at the account and saw my mortgage company had taken TWO payments out so i had an overdraft. luckily i have overdraft protection. had to talk to the mortgage company and they said well you signed up for auto pay. yeah i did BUT i got a letter saying i had to fill out the forms before that took place :facepalm:

they said basically a bunch of crap about how i could get the duplicate payment reimbursed but it was of course an incredibly complicated process so just said eff it. i just transferred money to checking. :max:

Banks are a pain in the ass to deal with. There was a mishap with something I ordered off of Amazon and it racked up $120 on my credit card. They said that they're re-crediting it back onto my card but it's been pending for six days. I just paid the damn thing off too like three days before that

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 8:57 AM, soon said:

Im hardening off tomatoes and peppers in 50 km/hr winds, on top of a steep ledge. I can barely stand in it so its a good thing this isn't first day of hardening. Need to go out and save them every 5 minutes or so.  indoor kitten making it out to fire escape with me, one way or another, every time i go out or come in.  Not a safe place for him for many reasons.  But I cant lock him in bathroom all day long, so, it will be the high steaks dance all day I guess.

sidenote: theres trees up the cliff and when squirrels shimmy up them my cat shakes to get loose of my arms to hunt them, but he leaps back inside to hunt viciously through the window!  hahaha!  

your cat sounds like mine but she doesn't go outside, i am afraid she would be a coyote appetizer and holding her is not an option. she is small but fights like a panther and uses her claws. she doesn't really seem to like it outside but i have a huge crate that i used for my dog that i don't use anymore. i have thought of putting her in it while i water my roses and such but still a trifle scared she might somehow escape.

you have tomatoes growing already? everyone here knows not to plant tomatoes until the snow is melted off Peavine Mountain and it just did! i have some neighbors not too far away who grow tomatoes and such. i am hoping it will be like next year and they have a bumper crop and need to get rid of some. i will, of course, graciously agree to help them out by taking some off their hands :)

I think I worked out the Amazon IRS thing. I filled in a W-9 form instead of W-8ben so they think I'm US citizen with UK tax code living in China. So it was really my fault. I find that hard to believe so I'm blaming amazon and bank conspiracy against me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

your cat sounds like mine but she doesn't go outside, i am afraid she would be a coyote appetizer and holding her is not an option. she is small but fights like a panther and uses her claws. she doesn't really seem to like it outside but i have a huge crate that i used for my dog that i don't use anymore. i have thought of putting her in it while i water my roses and such but still a trifle scared she might somehow escape.

you have tomatoes growing already? everyone here knows not to plant tomatoes until the snow is melted off Peavine Mountain and it just did! i have some neighbors not too far away who grow tomatoes and such. i am hoping it will be like next year and they have a bumper crop and need to get rid of some. i will, of course, graciously agree to help them out by taking some off their hands :)

They always to seem to find a way to escape, dont they?  I pick him up the second he squirms out the door - its always as Im going back inside.  And Im so lucky he doesnt fight wth claws to get out of my arms.  Very lucky that way.  

I do have lots of tomatoes in the garden already but these ones on my fire escape are the second last patch of seedlings Ive raised.  Indoors under lights until they get to a certain size, then outside in shade during days for 5 days, then 1-3 days outside al day and night.  Im putting them in today.  Bringing that plot to about 65 tomatoes and 35 peppers.  Then my last batch at home goes out for hardening. 

Im surprised we're ahead of you for planting!  The climate zones are such an interesting thing that way.  Conventional wisdom here is that plants go in on the "may long weekend" which is a canadian holiday on the third weekend in May, marking the queens b day on May 24.  Around here affectionally called "May 2-4" in reference to the 24 case of beers that are synonymous with the weekend.  But the changes in weather have been changing things up.  Last year many who went ahead on May 24 despite warnings of frost lost entire crops.  I waited a lot longer and lost nothing but only was fully planted by July 13.  Those same old timers who went in at normal time and lost crops teased that I wouldn't get a harvest.  I had a huge harvest.  A miracle harvest.  As warmer then average fall temps sustained the crop longer.

Last year was a serious drought, this year it hasn't stopped raining for more then a day for weeks now.  A patch of chamomile that I sowed three years ago but never germinated appeared weeks ago and is already huge, loving the water.

Glad Mount Pevine has melted its snow! Hope they do get abundance so you can help them :) 

What kinda roses to you grow?

cool info thanks! that IS weird about climate differences. some years we have had snow on the 4th of July.

the roses came with the house. i looked them up once because they looked to be very old school  up and they are! best part is they are hardy with little care. so i water them and that's about it.

when i lived in Sacramento i did grow hybrid tea roses; a yellow one, a pink one and a very cool one called sterling silver. in Sacramento about anything grows :) i remember my salad days attending college and working at a fast food place. my friends grew tomatoes and zucchini and when i was a little short on funds i made a very simple pasta with those two ingredients and some seasoning. i would cut the veggies in small dice, boil the noodles put the veggies in the bottom of the colander then pour the pasta straght on top to "cook" the veggies.

lol maybe i should be putting this in the Home Cookin' section!

• Like 1