The whining thread

john lennon

Ever notice how if someone orders a veggie burger it comes on a whole wheat bun instead of a normal, good bun?  Or when I ordered groceries and asked for organic spaghetti, what I got was organic Kumat spaghetti.  Not wanting workers and water tables harmed by chemicals has nothing to do do with some sick desire to eat "ancient grains" that ruin everything good about the texture of pasta.

34 minutes ago, soon said:

Or when I ordered groceries and asked for organic spaghetti, what I got was organic Kumat spaghetti.  Not wanting workers and water tables harmed by chemicals has nothing to do do with some sick desire to eat "ancient grains" that ruin everything good about the texture of pasta.

LOL at "sick desire". Just as an aside, Barilla pasta in the blue box uses Non-GMO ingredients, and imo has the best texture of all the pastas in the supermarkets. My favourite is the spaghettini.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

LOL at "sick desire". Just as an aside, Barilla pasta in the blue box uses Non-GMO ingredients, and imo has the best texture of all the pastas in the supermarkets. My favourite is the spaghettini.

:).  I think I can picture those boxes and they have them at this store - Im gonna order that next time.  And I prefer spaghettini over spaghetti so this perfect.  Thanks!

So one of my neighbors had a small apartment fire this morning. The fire department was banging on my door at 4:15 AM trying to get me up and out of my apartment. No major damage was done to the building to my knowledge, but I'm still really scared to go to sleep in my apt tonight.

5 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

So one of my neighbors had a small apartment fire this morning. The fire department was banging on my door at 4:15 AM trying to get me up and out of my apartment. No major damage was done to the building to my knowledge, but I'm still really scared to go to sleep in my apt tonight.

Glad you are safe! That is my worst fear...I live in a condo on the 2nd floor and have seen too many fires in my day. It's scary. :(  Make sure you have good smoke detectors! Hope you can get some rest.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Glad you are safe! That is my worst fear...I live in a condo on the 2nd floor and have seen too many fires in my day. It's scary. :(  Make sure you have good smoke detectors! Hope you can get some rest.

Thanks! I probably won't sleep well tonight but if I can make it through to morning without a repeat of today, I think I'll be okay :)

• Like 1

Looks like I'm going to have to re-learn algebra. I have to take a placement test for college math before the semester starts and I don't remember shit from high school. I knew what I was doing but I never used it past 10th grade and just kind of forgot

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

36 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

That sucks, mate.

Wasn't @soon planning on selling one of those??? Sorry if I'm mistaken.

You are correct!  Im planning to sell a JCM 800 Lead Series in white vinyl casing.

I'd sell it individually and I am also planning to sell a vintage Hiwatt Custom 100

Thans for thinking pointing that out!

@AslatIE let me know if youd like to see pics and what not

Just now, soon said:

You are correct!  Im planning to sell a JCM 800 Lead Series in white vinyl casing.

I'd sell it individually and I am also planning to sell a vintage Hiwatt Custom 100

Thans for thinking pointing that out!

@AslatIE let me know if youd like to see pics and what not

Yeah sure, just pm me pics and the price :) 

13 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Yeah sure, just pm me pics and the price :) 

will do.  just realized something though: there are multiple products in that line.  I have the JCM 800 Lead Series 4x12 cabinet.  Sounds as good as everyone says.  Theres also combo amps.  What are you looking for?

So, after the concert in Hannover (this, I'm German :P ) I visited my brother on my way back. We had a nice evening yesterday and also a nice day with my nephew and niece today. However, I have 2 children myself which I unfortunately rarely see. I think women have no idea what they do to fathers when they deny them to see their kids whenever both sides want that, it's like part of you dying again and again and again sucking the life out of you....really hurts so much, worst pain ever. It was really a great weekend, but that sucks so much. And an intensive one, shed quite some tears, of joy, sorrow and a mixture of both. I'll need some time to get things sorted out for me.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Wow that breaks my heart, mate. Your ex is a cunt. I hope you get to see your kids soon.

Yeah, at the moment she does the "I don't trust you" number, she knows better. Never expected her doing such shit, but there's not much I can do about it. It happens that you break up, but when there are kids involved, you should try to get along, her dream seems to be no contact at all. Going through it for years now amd I already inveted so much that this will never happen. It's terrible that you can't see your own children when you want it, we need way better laws, fathers are so lost when it comes to this. The mother can tell whatever kind of bullshit and almost nobody questions it. Some professionals involved just plainly lied in front of the court, saying I showed no interest when I in fact phoned them and asked about my children. It were them who told me to refrain from it, they don't have the time for that in everyday business. Of course I have my lawyer and we're making slow progress, but it's really, really slow. Well, there are better times to come, but those years are just lost. I would love to change it, but there's not much I can do about it. About 2 weeks to go until I see them again.

However, I really enjoyed the time with my brother, my niece and nephew (there is no general term for male and female, right? if so, someone should invent it. :lol:), it's just a pity that those situations can also be pretty tough at times.

Photobucket, which has been a free hosting service with advertisement, now charges me $399 to allow embedding the ~ 1000 pictures that they are hosting for me, and which are integral to my two forums. They won't even allow me to download these pictures so I can upload them somewhere else. Now my forums look like shit with all of my pictures being replaced with large ugly photobucket placeholders that asks me to upgrade the service for only $399/year. They are basically holding my pictures ransom. From free to $399 per year. Fucking thieving bastards.

• Like 1