The whining thread

john lennon

Omg...I finally get a job after looking for a year. Now my mom is totally stressing out how she will get to doctor and dentist appointments because she can't drive anymore. I keep telling her we will work around my work schedule since my job is part-time. She was on my ass to find work, now she is hysterical that I did....wtf...this woman is driving me insane. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Just now, janrichmond said:

@BlueJean Baby congrats on the job:hug:does your mum have dementia/alzhiemers at all?

No just failing eyesight due to macular degeneration. Refuses to take cabs because they are dirty...she is just one hard to get along with person, very opinionated, stubborn....I do love her, but like I said before, she is why I left Atlanta 30 years ago, she has always hated everyone I ever dated, wants me with some boring little old nerdy man, which will never happen. Unfortunately, I am the only child and have to live here to help her. She will never go to assisted living places, she thinks she is above doing that. Sometimes I think the reason she had me was to torment me all my life....she means well, but we are just total opposites and I will never live up to her standards :facepalm:

Thanks for the congrats! I need to get out of this house some before I lose it. 

• Like 1

I'm an only child also and had to do everything for my Mom too.  The guilt I would put on myself was crazy.  I tried to look at it as what I would expect from my kids someday. Yes, I would hope they would want to help, but I would do everything I could to make that be as minimal as possible.  As a Mom I would never want them to feel like they are prevented from living their life to the fullest --especially because of me.  At her age though, she'll never see it that way though.   We have something called "Angels at your Service" here.  It was so much better than visiting nurses or other stuff like that.  You hired someone to do driving, or light cleaning or whatever you needed help with. My Mom fired like the first 10 of them, but we finally found someone she liked enoght to "fill in" for me and it actually worked out nicely. :hug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

I'm an only child also and had to do everything for my Mom too.  The guilt I would put on myself was crazy.  I tried to look at it as what I would expect from my kids someday. Yes, I would hope they would want to help, but I would do everything I could to make that be as minimal as possible.  As a Mom I would never want them to feel like they are prevented from living their life to the fullest --especially because of me.  At her age though, she'll never see it that way though.   We have something called "Angels at your Service" here.  It was so much better than visiting nurses or other stuff like that.  You hired someone to do driving, or light cleaning or whatever you needed help with. My Mom fired like the first 10 of them, but we finally found someone she liked enoght to "fill in" for me and it actually worked out nicely. :hug:

May need to look into something like that, my son wanted to move here to help, but my mom doesn't even want him to come visit because his girlfriend would come with him. That really hurts me because I miss him terribly. They were on their way here to surprise us for a visit and called me. When she found out she told him to go back home that she would not let him in when he got here. He was really hurt by that, but he also knows how she is....a royal pain in the ass :facepalm:

Out of weed. I don't like this but too lazy to do the 2 hour procedure of driving to and from my dealer. But I see not smoking as counter productive and it's either today or tomorrow in the evening. So if I delay this chore I won't have anything to smoke tomorrow for the entire day which is a bummer. I need to be an early warm.

Edited by Rovim

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Out of weed. I don't like this and too lazy to do the 2 hour procedure of driving to and from my dealer. But I see not smoking as counter productive and it's either today or tomorrow in the evening. So if I delay this chore I won't have anything to smoke tomorrow for the entire day which is a bummer. I need to be an early warm.

I feel your pain :facepalm:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

Out of weed. I don't like this but too lazy to do the 2 hour procedure of driving to and from my dealer. But I see not smoking as counter productive and it's either today or tomorrow in the evening. So if I delay this chore I won't have anything to smoke tomorrow for the entire day which is a bummer. I need to be an early warm.

my whine is i can't even get weed til July! come on July :P

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's legal here now yay! but nowhere to buy it til July :(

Not legal here. They are still fighting some for medical...certain conditions can get cannabis oil..but not weed. People have to go get weed and risk getting busted bringing it here from other states. You can have weed for medical but they won't dispense it here....god I want to move back to California so fuckin' bad :facepalm:

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

Not legal here. They are still fighting some for medical...certain conditions can get cannabis oil..but not weed. People have to go get weed and risk getting busted bringing it here from other states. You can have weed for medical but they won't dispense it here....god I want to move back to California so fuckin' bad :facepalm:

you could not pay me to live in Cali again! visiting is ok...love the ocean. but the people there are soooo pompous! where did you live in Cali?

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you could not pay me to live in Cali again! visiting is ok...love the ocean. but the people there are soooo pompous! where did you live in Cali?

Central valley south of Modesto. Wanted to be in LA because I love being near big city life after growing up in Atlanta.

8 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Central valley south of Modesto. Wanted to be in LA because I love being near big city life after growing up in Atlanta.

isn't Atlanta a big city? i remember now you saying near Modesto. we moved to a town called Petaluma when i was like 14 then i lived in the Sac area...Loomis, Roseville, Citrus Heights, downtown Sac til i moved to Reno. anyway we better get back in topic, i am whining also cos i want wine but it's too early :P

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

isn't Atlanta a big city? i remember now you saying near Modesto. we moved to a town called Petaluma when i was like 14 then i lived in the Sac area...Loomis, Roseville, Citrus Heights, downtown Sac til i moved to Reno. anyway we better get back in topic, i am whining also cos i want wine but it's too early :P

Yes it's big... but weed is not going to be legal here anytime soon. Where I was in California was dairy country, had to drive through dairy farms to get to work.... reminds me of Down on the Farm, except the appropriate statement would be everything smells of cowshit there...

15 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Omg I start training for my new job today. Have not had to be up this early in over a year.....coffee....really need lots of coffee :facepalm:

I'm on a full training day tomorrow, I really hate being dragged in for mandatory training days :lol:

Congrats on the new job btw :) 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 10:59 PM, BlueJean Baby said:

May need to look into something like that, my son wanted to move here to help, but my mom doesn't even want him to come visit because his girlfriend would come with him. That really hurts me because I miss him terribly. They were on their way here to surprise us for a visit and called me. When she found out she told him to go back home that she would not let him in when he got here. He was really hurt by that, but he also knows how she is....a royal pain in the ass :facepalm:

Cut the cord. Seriously.

Sounds like she wants you isolated and keep you all to herself so that she can continue living off of you. This way you are as dependent on her as she is on you. Try to imagine this very situation in anything other than a parent/child relationship, it would come off as very unhealthy.

This is why I don't want to have children, I don't want to turn into that.

1 hour ago, KiraMPD said:

Cut the cord. Seriously.

Sounds like she wants you isolated and keep you all to herself so that she can continue living off of you. This way you are as dependent on her as she is on you. Try to imagine this very situation in anything other than a parent/child relationship, it would come off as very unhealthy.

This is why I don't want to have children, I don't want to turn into that.

No shit. But being an only child and she has no one but me left in this world...what am I supposed to do? It sucks since I am going thru a divorce and would love to find Mr Right after all these years and I am stuck with her 

3 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

No shit. But being an only child and she has no one but me left in this world...what am I supposed to do? It sucks since I am going thru a divorce and would love to find Mr Right after all these years and I am stuck with her 

You still have a choice, you don't need to take shit from anyone. It comes down to whether you are willing to draw the line. You could continue living in wait for her approval or do what you want with your life. If you take a firm stance, and if she's smart, she will back off a little.

30 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Didn't you say that Dad has already passed away?  If so, it's just the worst situation when you are the only one left to care for a parent.  My Mom was much more flexible than yours sounds, but, no matter what I did I always felt like someone was losing.  

The thing is, you're not stuck with her.  It's sad, but the truth is, what's happening to your Mom is the progression of life.  Most people reach a point where they need someone to help care for them.  Sure it's Ok to expect your kids to help, but not to give up their life.  

• Like 2