The whining thread

john lennon

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Maybe MyGNR isn't the place to post this, but I really don't feel like talking to anyone face to face right now and don't really have anyone that understands. I'm in the middle of a three day stretch where I really don't want to get out of bed. The only thing that makes me leave my apartment is going to work. I don't know what I want to do with college, I don't have much of a social life, and I'm just directionless overall. I'm only 19, but it feels like I have to have it figured out by the time I'm 20 or I'm never going to figure it out. So again, sorry to post this here and if I bummed anyone out, I'm sorry for that too. 

Sorry you are going through a rough time. :lol:

You are still young maybe you need to not pressure yourself so much. Try to have some fun. My son was like that when he was your age. I don't mean stop trying to figure out what you want to do for a career....but give yourself a little time to enjoy life too. 

Have you got any ideas what you might be interested in doing? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Sorry you are going through a rough time. :lol:

You are still young maybe you need to not pressure yourself so much. Try to have some fun. My son was like that when he was your age. I don't mean stop trying to figure out what you want to do for a career....but give yourself a little time to enjoy life too. 

Have you got any ideas what you might be interested in doing? 

I appreciate the advice. Yeah, putting high (sometimes unreasonable) expectations on myself is one of my weaker qualities :lol:. As for things that appeal to me, I've been considering getting a communications degree and maybe be a radio DJ at a rock station somewhere. I've done some DIY stuff with my car recently that was pretty fun so maybe that's an option. 

Anywho, thanks for the support! 

14 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I appreciate the advice. Yeah, putting high (sometimes unreasonable) expectations on myself is one of my weaker qualities :lol:. As for things that appeal to me, I've been considering getting a communications degree and maybe be a radio DJ at a rock station somewhere. I've done some DIY stuff with my car recently that was pretty fun so maybe that's an option. 

I know a lot of people who had it all "figured out" at 20 and ended up with degrees and jobs that they absolutely hate 15 years later.  Don't put  too much pressure on yourself right now.  You'll figure out what you want to do when the time is right and  if that is too overwhelming right now, that's life's way of telling you now's not the time to figure it out.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

You'll figure out what you want to do when the time is right and  if that is too overwhelming right now, that's life's way of telling you now's not the time to figure it out.  :thumbsup:

I never really looked at it like that. Thanks! :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I was in the same mental space as you when I was 19, and I still feel that way sometimes. The only thing I would say is strive on with what you are doing right now and try to do it with the best of your abilities. As sense of accomplishment is one of the best feelings so don't quit anything halfway. You can worry about what you want to do with those accomplishments later. Try to push all the anxiety and worry to the back you your mind and focus on the present and try to focus on the little things that amuse you.

As far as career prospects, always be on the lookout and think "could I see myself doing that for at least 2-3 years?". Also, try and find shadowing or temporary work experience opportunities to help to understand what you wanna do later.

There will always be days when you wonder what the point of it all is. Don't let it bring you down.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Damn that sounds good. I always wanted to be a DJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Did they dislocate the toe on purpose to teach you how to reset it? :lol:

What kind of training are you doing? 

LOL NO!

It was during Jiu Jitsu training. The guy's little toe got caught in the mats as he was being thrown.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

LOL NO!

It was during Jiu Jitsu training. The guy's little toe got caught in the mats as he was being thrown.

Wow jiu jitsu training is pretty hardcore. Never experienced a dislocated toe during taekwondo. I hope his toe gets better soon, eh? A little emergency medical training for you as well >_<

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

How's the ankle and knee??

better thanks :) tired of all this sitting around i have to do but the ankle is much better. the knee is still kinda meh and have to have it checked Monday. how's life in Georgia? my family almost moved to Macon when i was a kid but ended up in N. Cali instead.

8 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

better thanks :) tired of all this sitting around i have to do but the ankle is much better. the knee is still kinda meh and have to have it checked Monday. how's life in Georgia? my family almost moved to Macon when i was a kid but ended up in N. Cali instead.

Supposed to get cold again this weekend...I was born in Macon. It ok, finished my week of training for my job. Should start working next week sometime

On 3/8/2017 at 1:22 PM, Fansince88 said:

Didn't you say that Dad has already passed away?  If so, it's just the worst situation when you are the only one left to care for a parent.  My Mom was much more flexible than yours sounds, but, no matter what I did I always felt like someone was losing.  

The thing is, you're not stuck with her.  It's sad, but the truth is, what's happening to your Mom is the progression of life.  Most people reach a point where they need someone to help care for them.  Sure it's Ok to expect your kids to help, but not to give up their life.  

She was in horror mom mode tonight...kept saying I don't care about her. I finally got pissed off and told her how I felt about how she has treated me all my life and I that never felt like she cared because when I went through all the terrible shit she didn't want to hear it because it upset her too much....wtf...I was the one living in hell with no one to turn to...thanks to her.  I threaten to move out then she started crying saying would you really do that to me? Problem is that she is OCD constantly cleaning the house and no matter what I do to help its never good enough...I give up and I decided to drink a beer :facepalm:

14 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Problem is that she is OCD constantly cleaning the house and no matter what I do to help its never good enough...

you can send her to me, i need somone to clean my house! j/k.

on a more serious note have you looked into someone coming in to relieve you? there are several places that offer this service. i looked online and this is one: http://www.visitingangels.com/atlantaeast/elderly-companion-care

i have no idea what it costs but you could look into. it might help.

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you can send her to me, i need somone to clean my house! j/k.

on a more serious note have you looked into someone coming in to relieve you? there are several places that offer this service. i looked online and this is one: http://www.visitingangels.com/atlantaeast/elderly-companion-care

i have no idea what it costs but you could look into. it might help.

She won't let them in her house....I don't know what I am going to do. I had five hours of sleep every night this week due to having to get up and fight traffic to get to training for work on time. I had to work a half day today. Then she starts in wanting me to do this and that. I told her I would clean up the yard this weekend that I was tired from working...she starts in "I've been working all day myself" cleaning house.... I do laundry, help clean, do yardwork when the yardmen don't come, grocery shop, drive her everywhere...now I have a job too...wtf does she want a fuckin' slave laborer...I am not going to do that. I am getting a divorce and need to have time to rebuild my life too....sorry for the rant, but I am frustrated as hell. :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

She won't let them in her house....I don't know what I am going to do. I had five hours of sleep every night this week due to having to get up and fight traffic to get to training for work on time. I had to work a half day today. Then she starts in wanting me to do this and that. I told her I would clean up the yard this weekend that I was tired from working...she starts in "I've been working all day myself" cleaning house.... I do laundry, help clean, do yardwork when the yardmen don't come, grocery shop, drive her everywhere...now I have a job too...wtf does she want a fuckin' slave laborer...I am not going to do that. I am getting a divorce and need to have time to rebuild my life too....sorry for the rant, but I am frustrated as hell. :facepalm:

well as mean as this sounds take off for a few days. let her see how badly she DOES need you. have a neighbor check on her and take her to her dr appts. if she won't go then let her not go. don't argue, just say this is what you have to do for your sake. i know she is your mom but what good are you going to be if she stresses you so much you get sick or something. stress is VERY hard on a person and i don't want you having a meltdown over stress.

sounds like my dad was. he passed while still married to my ex-stepmom so she had to take care of him. if i had been left in charge well... idk really what i'd had done.

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

well as mean as this sounds take off for a few days. let her see how badly she DOES need you. have a neighbor check on her and take her to her dr appts. if she won't go then let her not go. don't argue, just say this is what you have to do for your sake. i know she is your mom but what good are you going to be if she stresses you so much you get sick or something. stress is VERY hard on a person and i don't want you having a meltdown over stress.

sounds like my dad was. he passed while still married to my ex-stepmom so she had to take care of him. if i had been left in charge well... idk really what i'd had done.

Would love to but need to get a paycheck first...I am broke at the moment