The whining thread

john lennon

2 hours ago, Słash said:

Charlie, do you have any upcoming movies or shows coming? 

I have a show about how even though I have HIV I still have a better life than 99.9999% of everyone.

Okay 100%, why shy away from the truth? 

• Like 1

I am worried my American dentist is a shill. I'm in my early 20's and the dentists in Germany (my dad is German) tell me not to worry about my wisdom teeth unless they cause me problems (I only have 2 of them, on the left side of my mouth.) For some reason, however, American dentists seem to like removing teeth a lot. My dentist here in MN wanted to just remove them until I told him the other dentists seemed to have a different opinion. Then he said okay, we can just monitor them to see if they ever have any problems.

I feel really frustrated and stressed out for no good reason now. What are you guy's experiences?

F-ing dentists lol. Thanks for letting me vent.

46 minutes ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

I am worried my American dentist is a shill. I'm in my early 20's and the dentists in Germany (my dad is German) tell me not to worry about my wisdom teeth unless they cause me problems (I only have 2 of them, on the left side of my mouth.) For some reason, however, American dentists seem to like removing teeth a lot. My dentist here in MN wanted to just remove them until I told him the other dentists seemed to have a different opinion. Then he said okay, we can just monitor them to see if they ever have any problems.

I feel really frustrated and stressed out for no good reason now. What are you guy's experiences?

Did they show you the x-rays? It's pretty obvious when they need to be removed even if you have no experience with dentistry. If they're pushing on your other teeth at all I'd get them out. I waited till I was older because I also thought my dentist at the time was a shill and it was big mistake. :no: The older you get the harder they are to get out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Did they show you the x-rays? It's pretty obvious when they need to be removed even if you have no experience with dentistry. If they're pushing on your other teeth at all I'd get them out. I waited till I was older because I also thought my dentist at the time was a shill and it was big mistake. :no: The older you get the harder they are to get out.

Yeah I have some copies of the x-rays. The 2 existing ones are only about 2/3rds grown in but look straight, especially the top one. I am just really frustrated because it seems the dentists do not have a common consensus. It is not helping my anxiety disorder at all hahaha. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

I think they usually only take them out if they're impacted, or if there is not quite enough room when they descend and are making your other teeth crooked..

I had to have all of mine taken out, they were impacted..had to be put right under..woke up to a swollen jaw and two black eyes haha..not a fun procedure!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I think they usually only take them out if they're impacted, or if there is not quite enough room when they descend and are making your other teeth crooked..

I had to have all of mine taken out, they were impacted..had to be put right under..woke up to a swollen jaw and two black eyes haha..not a fun procedure!

Ouch that sounds painful. 0_0 I guess I will just have to wait and see heheheh...

5 minutes ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

Yeah I have some copies of the x-rays. The 2 existing ones are only about 2/3rds grown in but look straight, especially the top one. I am just really frustrated because it seems the dentists do not have a common consensus. It is not helping my anxiety disorder at all hahaha. 

I'm 37 and have had horrendous problems with my wisdom teeth. I kept getting really bad infections a couple of years ago in the left one in my jaw. So they decided to yank it out but that didn't go according to plan and it ended up in a mess and emergency trip to the hospital. Then it got badly infected afterwards and made me really ill. Now the other side is playing up and I'm too scared to go back. 

I wish I'd got the pair of them removed when a dentist suggested it when I was in my early twenties, I had a couple of little problems with them but decided to leave them alone and they were fine until now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm 37 and have had horrendous problems with my wisdom teeth. I kept getting really bad infections a couple of years ago in the left one in my jaw. So they decided to yank it out but that didn't go according to plan and it ended up in a mess and emergency trip to the hospital. Then it got badly infected afterwards and made me really ill. Now the other side is playing up and I'm too scared to go back. 

I wish I'd got the pair of them removed when a dentist suggested it when I was in my early twenties, I had a couple of little problems with them but decided to leave them alone and they were fine until now. 

Yeah I am scared of this kinda stuff too. I have nasty anxiety and tend to catastrophize and always expect the worst outcome. I think I will just let him monitor it but I must admit, it is really my anxiety that wants to avoid any surgeries. lol

I hope you have recovered well :) 

• Like 1

Why are doctor's offices so damn slow? I have been sitting in the in the parking lot listening to music for three fuckin' hours while my mom is at her eye doctor appointment....:wacko:

Finally got finish at mom's doctor appointment, but on the way home this little square plastic trashcan fell off a truck and went under the damn car and got stuck and was dragging until I turned into a gas station to get it out and it dislodged when I turned the car. Then stopped by store to pick up cake I ordered for mom's birthday tomorrow and wouldn't you know it, they did not make the cake I ordered. Then got home and we have no fuckin' ice, the icemaker is broken.... god I hate days like this!!! :wacko:

Edited by BlueJean Baby

On 3/15/2017 at 1:22 PM, BlueJean Baby said:

Why are doctor's offices so damn slow? I have been sitting in the in the parking lot listening to music for three fuckin' hours while my mom is at her eye doctor appointment....:wacko:

Finally got finish at mom's doctor appointment, but on the way home this little square plastic trashcan fell off a truck and went under the damn car and got stuck and was dragging until I turned into a gas station to get it out and it dislodged when I turned the car. Then stopped by store to pick up cake I ordered for mom's birthday tomorrow and wouldn't you know it, they did not make the cake I ordered. Then got home and we have no fuckin' ice, the icemaker is broken.... god I hate days like this!!! :wacko:

Yeesh, that sounds like a stressful day. I hope things get better for you soon. C:

I don't know why Doctor's offices are slow but the hospital I go to is actually pretty fast for some reason? ERs are the worst though. I've waited hours. So I feel your pain! 

• Like 1

Some relatives can be big assholes

Over the years my aunts have fleeced thousands of dollars from my mom and now when I needed some money, they said a big NO. I told them I will return within 2 months, but still they din't give. 

There was a time when they were not financially stable and my mom gave it to them and my mom din't even ask them back, but as things have changed and they have become rich, now when I needed and I would return the money in just 2 months, but still a NO from them. 

They will waste their money on random people, but not give it to the people who helped them when they needed. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I have laryngitis. It's amazing how losing my voice makes me feel like a complete cripple, even though the rest of me works fine! 

Well take rest and I hope you feel better soon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Słash said:

Some relatives can be big assholes

Over the years my aunts have fleeced thousands of dollars from my mom and now when I needed some money, they said a big NO. I told them I will return within 2 months, but still they din't give. 

There was a time when they were not financially stable and my mom gave it to them and my mom din't even ask them back, but as things have changed and they have become rich, now when I needed and I would return the money in just 2 months, but still a NO from them. 

They will waste their money on random people, but not give it to the people who helped them when they needed. 

They have become rich because of the business your grandfather started right? And you and your mother have been involved in the business too? And they wouldn't even give this to you as a loan..that's pretty darn low.

14 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

They have become rich because of the business your grandfather started right? And you and your mother have been involved in the business too? And they wouldn't even give this to you as a loan..that's pretty darn low.

You do have a good memory lol 

The family business does not have that good of an income, but well my grandmom had like 4 big office spaces which she used to get good rent, but my aunt sold them and kept all the money with her, so my aunt basically stole all the money 

My mom doesn't have a good income even then over the years my aunt fleeced out money from my mom.

2 minutes ago, Słash said:

You do have a good memory lol 

The family business does not have that good of an income, but well my grandmom had like 4 big office spaces which she used to get good rent, but my aunt sold them and kept all the money with her, so my aunt basically stole all the money 

My mom doesn't have a good income even then over the years my aunt fleeced out money from my mom.

Ya, I remember what people say almost as much as you do ;)

Well, your aunts unfortunately will never change, and they obviously don't have much of a conscience, it's all about furthering themselves, so you might as well kiss any thought of help from them goodbye. Its so weird, I think every family has one of these types of people in it..the money stealers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I have laryngitis. It's amazing how losing my voice makes me feel like a complete cripple, even though the rest of me works fine! 

My dad was working away all week last week and it coincided with my stepmother losing her voice for a few days. I went over their house today and he was gutted it happened when he was away "what a waste" :lol:

Edited by spunko12345
  • Like 3