Tommy Stinson talks about Guns N Roses recordings

On 29/01/2017 at 2:45 AM, ludurigan said:

big three :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Well.. This is the big 3 since they were there until new era. Izzy being close to that because he wrote so much and only missed spaguetti.

7 hours ago, riot said:

What if the "big3" doesn't want to work with em and that being the main reason?

Axl, SCENE #1l

Right around the time the "reunion" (:rofl-lol:) was being announced/set on motion,  Steven Tyler famously told Howard Stern that he helped convince Axl Rose to reunite Guns N' Roses

In no time Guns n Roses (i.e. AXL) went on facebook to mock Tyler  

Axl, SCENE #2

Axl gives an interview for Brazilian TV and says he doesnt really know why Izzy isnt involved on the tour and says that Izzy changes his mind all the time

3 (or 4 or maybe 5) days later, Izzy calls it bullshit

Izzy explains that "they didnt want to split the loot equally"

Says he is "moving on"

To this day, Axl never said a word about it

===

Slash, SCENE #1

About a year (or less) before the reunion is announced (back when nobody even considers it possible) Slash is asked by the millionth time if he would ever do a reunion tour

Slash answers that it would be cool if everybody wanted to do it

Slash, SCENE #2

A year later (or less) the reunion is set in motion with three members of Guns n Roses and four aliens

Slash doesnt say a word about it.

===

Duff, SCENE #1

Duff writes and records a couple of songs with Izzy for his "How to Be a Man" EP

("Kill the Internet" with Duff, Izzy and Jerry Cantrell, is an infectious rocker. It has Guns-n-Roses written all over it, and it rocks harder than the entire Axl solo discography. But no one is listening. Sorry, i digress)

Duff says he would like to keep making music with izzy for the rest of his life

I really trust whatever he does. If he says, 'I've got a bridge. I've got a part,' I know he's got a part. It's not, like, 'Oh, let me hear it.' It's, like, 'Okay, he's got the part. Good. That's taken care of.' And, yeah, I'd like to do more music with him — always; for the rest of my life." 

===

So, yeah, its pretty obvious that the BIG THREE dont wanna work with Izzy!

Its also obvious that it has nothing to do with money! 

Its more likely that its all about their artistic vision and about the need to wrk really hard in order to make sure that Guns n Roses evolves to be a modern, strong and relevant brand!

axlslashlaughing.jpg

• Like 1

Despite what duff said about izzy.. He still apart from gnr, never had a band with him. It's either something being not right with em being in a permanent band together or izzy not wanting to be complete full member of those projects... Or changing his mind. Remember izzy's the quiter here. 

Either way, reminds me of the bill ward's saga. It's hard for me to take only one side of this story as it is probably a lot more complex than just a loot problem. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 8:44 PM, Hell House said:

The big 3 ARE Slash, Axl, and Duff. Izzy quit in the 90's. when he did, EVERYONE still considered the band GnR. If you think different then you probably weren't there. There was a GnR without Izzy then and there's a GnR without Izzy now. Deal with it.

though i hate to admit it there is some truth there. i didn't mind GN'R with Gilby Clarke. and i will always cherish seeing Axl, Duff and Slash. but PLEASE get rid of Fortus and Ferrer. this is just my personal opinion.

• Like 1