Should I leave my job or not?

Gracii Guns

Should I leave my job or not?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok guys, am in a pickle and can't decide what to do. 

When I went self-employed, I took a job cleaning a house for 2 and a half hours on Saturday mornings. It paid well, £9 an hour (£22.50 a week). Now that doesn't seem like much, but there have been many times when the extra money has helped. Have worked it for 18 months without complaint- quite enjoy it. But generally speaking, we don't need the money as much as we used to. My business has picked up recently, though I can't rely on it. Just because I've had a good January doesn't mean February-December are going to be as nice.

The thing is, I get home form this job at around 1.45pm, and am exhausted, as it's a very physical job. So I spend Saturday afternoons being lazy. As my husband visits his mum on Sundays, we don't really have a day of the week that's "just us". I can't remember the last time we had a day trip out together, or anything like that. 

So what do you suggest I do? I can't really move the time of the job to another day, and the extra money is always helpful. Thanks for reading!

Could your husband visit his Mum on Saturday instead leaving Sunday free, keeping the extra money for the time being and having a full day together? It sounds like not having a day to do stuff is more an issue than the money being as needed. The money earned on a Saturday would at least cover a pub meal or travel costs for day trips.

Sorry if the Saturday visiting is impractical for some reason.

• Like 2

@alfierose You're right, the time together is probably more important to me at the moment. Have already asked if he can visit on Saturday instead and he says it's very impractical. 

@Georgy Zhukov sadly I can't go back- they will have replaced me. 

Thanks everyone else for your feedback. I'll probably tell my employer next week what my plans are, and will give the all the time they need to find a suitable replacement. ;)

• Like 2

On 1/28/2017 at 8:58 PM, AxlisOld said:

Leave. However much £20 per week is in America money isn't worth checking up a relationship.

It's about been about $20 since the Brexit vote but in the last 2 weeks it's recovering nicely. Go Trump!!!!! 

29 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It's about been about $20 since the Brexit vote but in the last 2 weeks it's recovering nicely. Go Trump!!!!! 

Danmit, I loved buying toys in the UK. Back to the US and Germany now.<_<

31 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You were right to leave,

"Why should those with a strong financial situation prop up those with a weak one?"

-Great Britain...And the American GOP

Lol you guys turned into Republicans