The True Story Behind My World (Use Your Illusion 2)

The worst thing about My World is that it doesn't have a 5 or 10 second slow lead in, because then I'd be able to change the track without actually having to hear any of it.  Of course, despite MW, UYI2 is on a very short list of my all time favorite albums.  Nothing's perfect lol.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

My first impression of My World was that it's very different and kinda out of place. I never really considered it an actual song. I always viewed it more as a strange outro for the album. I actually kinda like it. It's funny and weird. I always prefer funny and weird over boring.

Exactly! Careful to take this one too seriously.

Although the song is bizarre and really fun, I overstate how much like it because I just get the biggest kick out of how much this song bothers people.

5 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

It seems a Picasso of our age mixed "Revenge of The Doubleman" & "My World."

I need to cleanse my palate after that one lol

I can appreciate My World for what it is, but it really didn't belong as the closer to the UYI albums when the alternate Don't Cry would have worked a lot more nicely; if Axl wanted to get more serious with dabbling in the industrial genre, he should have gotten in touch with bands like KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, Revolting Cocks, maybe some Groovie Mann from My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult for inspiration

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1