The True Story Behind the reconciliation of Axl and Slash

guns-n-roses-reuniao-4.jpg

The reunion of Axl Rose and Slash at Guns N 'Roses was one of the great news of the music world in 2016 and gave rise to the most profitable tour of the year. Now the stories behind the scenes about this historic reconciliation begin to emerge.

An excerpt from Mick Wall's Last Of The Giants: The True Story of Guns N 'Roses reveals that the chief responsible for peace was Meegan Hodges and Erin Everly. Hodges was a girlfriend of Slash before the Guns were successful, and reopened the relationship in 2014. Already Erin was the wife of Axl Rose, and divorced the singer in the early 1990s.

According to the chapter, published by Wall on his website, it all started when Slash broke up with Perla Hudson, with whom he was married for 13 years. After the divorce, Slash reinstated the relationship with Meegan, whom he dated in the 1980s. Meegan is one of Erin's best friends, who had also returned to talk to Axl.

By the middle of 2015, Axl and Slash had re-communicated, albeit through entrepreneurs and lawyers. According to former group manager Alan Niven, bassist of the original lineup Duff McKagan was the peacemaker. He had already returned to work with Axl and helped the singer to see the guitarist's point of view.

Wall also points out that DJ Ashba and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's departure also made room for Slash and Duff's return.

https://omelete.uol.com.br/musica/noticia/guns-n-roses-biografo-revela-como-axl-rose-e-slash-se-reconciliaram/

• Like 1

It's just another theory/idea/whatever, 

on a side note, when all this got going we all hoped for a GNR presser of some description, 13 months later we still have very little, and it's obvious we probably aren't going to get the word from the horses mouth, unless duff or slash write another book, because I don't see Axl writing one. 

Thing is in 2001 Axl wanted Slash on CD. I think maybe Slash didn't really want to go back and Axl had to sort of do CD, complete the mission. Slash had VR going too. So I think mechanics has a lot to do with it too. I'm not sure if they had that big a problem. 

Fortus solves a lot of problems too. 

Erin and Axl talking is the only thing that if true we weren't sure of yet. However I still view that as unlikely. Axl wasn't interested in anything to do with Erin after he met Stephenie, but maybe they have a friendly mutual thing going on now. 

Regardless that all deserves to remain private.  

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Erin and Axl talking is the only thing that if true we weren't sure of yet. However I still view that as unlikely. Axl wasn't interested in anything to do with Erin after he met Stephenie, but maybe they have a friendly mutual thing going on now. 

Regardless that all deserves to remain private.  

Actually there's been much speculation based off posts Erin has put on her Instagram and of course Axl sort of dedicating a song to his ex wife during AC/DC.  I don't believe anything Mick Wall says and refuse to purchase his book but there is some basis to this rumor. 

There's quite a bit about it in the women's thread. My crazy work schedule keeps me from there because it moves quite fast so I'm still playing catch up. I also don't follow her or any of the girlfriends wives etc

Edited by BOSSY78
Added
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tadsy said:

It's just another theory/idea/whatever, 

on a side note, when all this got going we all hoped for a GNR presser of some description, 13 months later we still have very little, and it's obvious we probably aren't going to get the word from the horses mouth, unless duff or slash write another book, because I don't see Axl writing one. 

Don't give them anymore ideas and financial advice!

8 hours ago, Evil Doer said:

i definitely think slash getting rid of perla was huge......maybe the biggest factor.

Yup no question 

11 hours ago, wasted said:

Thing is in 2001 Axl wanted Slash on CD. I think maybe Slash didn't really want to go back and Axl had to sort of do CD, complete the mission. Slash had VR going too. So I think mechanics has a lot to do with it too. I'm not sure if they had that big a problem. 

Fortus solves a lot of problems too. 

Alternative facts, lol. "Slash's a cancer best removed" etc...

11 minutes ago, LysanderSky said:

Alternative facts, lol. "Slash's a cancer best removed" etc...

You're fake news. 

Well given time and perspective we can see clearer. The media tends to isolate quotes, fans maybe want to fan the flames of the feud. Like Slash said we know how Axl is. 

So I think with no agenda we can say Axl was saying Slash makes my life hard because he won't join but won't set the record straight either. But if Slash came back, no problem.

I think some of it was just to promote CD really, show committment to it. 

• Like 1

So a Brazilian website dedicated to nerd culture know the "true story behind the reunion"? @auad, you always post stuff from Brazilian websites even though you know we, at this forum, are the ones who get the news first and with good sources. Question is: Why? Omelete, Whiplash, Axl Rose Fa Clube.... They are far behind us when it comes to get GNR news. THe translation of the article is awful. Don't you consider all these things before posting Brazilian stuff here? Serious question.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1