The True Story Behind the reconciliation of Axl and Slash

19 minutes ago, maynard said:

So a Brazilian website dedicated to nerd culture know the "true story behind the reunion"? @auad, you always post stuff from Brazilian websites even though you know we, at this forum, are the ones who get the news first and with good sources. Question is: Why? Omelete, Whiplash, Axl Rose Fa Clube.... They are far behind us when it comes to get GNR news. THe translation of the article is awful. Don't you consider all these things before posting Brazilian stuff here? Serious question.

Did you read the article?  The story is quoting Mick Wall's book.

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Did you read the article?  The story is quoting Mick Wall's book.

I couldn't have said any better than this:

19 hours ago, trev said:

Bullshit.  Scraps of things that's been kicked around.  Any one of us could have thrown that out there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maynard said:

So a Brazilian website dedicated to nerd culture know the "true story behind the reunion"? @auad, you always post stuff from Brazilian websites even though you know we, at this forum, are the ones who get the news first and with good sources. Question is: Why? Omelete, Whiplash, Axl Rose Fa Clube.... They are far behind us when it comes to get GNR news. THe translation of the article is awful. Don't you consider all these things before posting Brazilian stuff here? Serious question.

I, as one of the most active participants of this forum, try to collaborate to the maximum, with information, media, etc ...

Many topics I create are well accepted.

I access several sites every day, some Brazilians, others not, and whenever I see something related to GNR, I evaluate about posting here ... I leave the administrators of this place to decide the topics that stay or leave ...

Satisfied with the answer?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auad said:

I, as one of the most active participants of this forum, try to collaborate to the maximum, with information, media, etc ...

I access several sites every day, some Brazilians, others not, and whenever I see something related to GNR, I evaluate about posting here ... I leave the administrators of this place to decide the topics that stay or leave ...

An article from Alternative Nation with the same story has been posted and discussed before. So you were not posting any breaking news. And something that it comes from Mick Wall and his source Alan Niven shouldn't be taken serious. I will believe that Erin/Meegan story only the day those women or the band confirm it

Edited by Padme
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Padme said:

An article from Alternative Nation with the same story has been posted and discussed before. So you were not posting any breaking news. And something that it comes from Mick Wall and his source Alan Niven shouldn't be taken serious. I will believe that Erin/Meegan story only the day those women or the band confirm it

Still we need these silly articles to pass the time :P

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, Original said:

I don't think Meegan or Erin had anything to do with it.  

I'm not convinced Axl and Erin are even talking...

Ultimately I think it was Duff getting Axl and Slash to speak and helping to get them both see that their differences weren't so bad. Also Tommy and Ron quitting helped. The fact that having Slash be lead guitar player probably helped Axl considering Axl knows he has no interest in releasing new music, so if he's going to tour the set list like he does, might as well get paid better for it.

8 hours ago, auad said:

the word is "money"

Simply like that

Money was certainly the driving force but it only bacame a realistic possibility once Perla was out of the pitcher. Maybe Axl used Duff to communicate the terms to Slash so I guess Duff deserves some credit. I wouldn't call him a Peacemaker. They ditched Scott Weiland when he began hurting them where it hurt the most. In their pockets

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Ultimately I think it was Duff getting Axl and Slash to speak and helping to get them both see that their differences weren't so bad. Also Tommy and Ron quitting helped. The fact that having Slash be lead guitar player probably helped Axl considering Axl knows he has no interest in releasing new music, so if he's going to tour the set list like he does, might as well get paid better for it.

I think those guys began to consider quitting when the idea of bringing Slash back started making the rounds in 2014 after Duff and Axl reunited in London. 

8 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I think those guys began to consider quitting when the idea of bringing Slash back started making the rounds in 2014 after Duff and Axl reunited in London. 

I'm sure it could have played a factor, absolutely. I think it did for Ashba, if he didn't have Sixx AM then the only way he's out is if he gets fired. Having a cushion to fall back on can make some decisions easier to make.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I'm sure it could have played a factor, absolutely. I think it did for Ashba, if he didn't have Sixx AM then the only way he's out is if he gets fired. Having a cushion to fall back on can make some decisions easier to make.

Too bad having The Dead Daisies didn't help Richard (and Dizzy) make that decision :(

52 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yup. Bumble on the other hand was very miserable because of the inactivity. As was Bucket and Robin. Those guys just love being musicians. They love making and sharing it with the rest of the world. its not just a job for them and that is commendable 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

16 hours ago, auad said:

Ok but then you name your thread "THE TRUE STORY BEHIND THE REUNION" and all you have is some lame article written by someone who probably knows shit about GNR. It's cool that you want to collab and come up with info, etc. Problem is, you didn't bring the true story behind the reunion and your source is worse than Alternative Nation even if they are quoting Mick Wall's book. The article is filled with crap and you know it. But fine, keep posting old news or clickbait articles here, no problem.

From what Axl said about Duff on the South America tour seemed to be what led to him softening up about Slash. Perla's divorce may have been a reason why it didn't happen sooner. You can't call something mostly speculation as being true or factual. Throw "allegedly", "maybe" "speculation" or "possibly" somewhere in there at least. 

56 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

From what Axl said about Duff on the South America tour seemed to be what led to him softening up about Slash. Perla's divorce may have been a reason why it didn't happen sooner. You can't call something mostly speculation as being true or factual. Throw "allegedly", "maybe" "speculation" or "possibly" somewhere in there at least. 

What did Axl say about Duff?

11 hours ago, J Dog said:

Mick Wall, can you get any more bitch ass than still following people that don't want to fuck with you, twenty years later. He's a dick rider, a fuck boi.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we 'll get  GetInTheRing live premiere :D

• Like 1