The True Story Behind the reconciliation of Axl and Slash

Just now, maynard said:

Ok but then you name your thread "THE TRUE STORY BEHIND THE REUNION" and all you have is some lame article written by someone who probably knows shit about GNR. It's cool that you want to collab and come up with info, etc. Problem is, you didn't bring the true story behind the reunion and your source is worse than Alternative Nation even if they are quoting Mick Wall's book. The article is filled with crap and you know it. But fine, keep posting old news or clickbait articles here, no problem.

You're welcome ?

According to Mike Wall ...

With Axl informing the other members of the reconfigured Guns N 'Roses formation that' the calendar was empty 'after the last gig in 2014, there was a much more seismic event on the horizon, like many other things related to the novel Guns N' Roses, it was Obvious at the moment if you were paying attention.

On December 30, 2014, Slash filed a divorce petition for his wife, Perla Hudson, with whom he had been for 13 years. The couple had split earlier, in 2010, but soon reconciled. This time it was permanent. According to documents, the couple broke up six months earlier.

Soon after, Slash arranged for a new girlfriend, Meegan Hodges - the same one he fell in love with as a teenager, but he turned away for his own sanity when Guns N 'Roses took off, and the same one who was very close to Erin Everly and was about to To play a trivial role in the future of Slash and his former nemesis, Axl Rose.

[...]

Back with Meegan unlocked another door for Slash, according to Alan Niven, a former Guns N 'Roses manager. 'Meegan had her best friend living in Atlanta, named Erin Everly. Soon, Erin and Axl were talking again. It was the seed to make Axl and Slash talk again. It was Erin and Meegan. '

http://whiplash.net/diversos/imagem.html?url=temp12/1483354091_643044258930409.jpg

Edited by auad

Just now, Silent Jay said:

Discussed here:

and here:

three months earlier.

and??????

It's funny ... instead of posting interesting things, some people are looking for ways to denigrate other people's topics ...
Could learn some instrument or read a book ...

1 minute ago, maynard said:

So you want people to discuss old news just because of your clickbait thread? Come on auad... Don't be a Manets.

I don't "want" nothing maynard...let the administrators work...

In fact, I like your profile picture a lot...

See ya...

2 minutes ago, auad said:

I don't "want" nothing maynard...let the administrators work...

In fact, I like your profile picture a lot...

See ya...

I don't want your thread to be deleted, it's just.... old news badly translated from Brazilian websites? No, thanks. I don't see our Japanese users posting stuff from Japan nor Italian GNR fans translating articles from Italian websites. See what I mean? This is essentially a Brazilian thing. You, Manets, Matheus Davanso... I get the GNR-Brazil connection but you gotta agree, we'll get news first than any "respected journalist" from Brazil. You could have used an existing thread, this clickbait titled thread was a mistake IMO. Anyway how's your sex life?

8 minutes ago, maynard said:

I don't want your thread to be deleted, it's just.... old news badly translated from Brazilian websites? No, thanks. I don't see our Japanese users posting stuff from Japan nor Italian GNR fans translating articles from Italian websites. See what I mean? This is essentially a Brazilian thing. You, Manets, Matheus Davanso... I get the GNR-Brazil connection but you gotta agree, we'll get news first than any "respected journalist" from Brazil. You could have used an existing thread, this clickbait titled thread was a mistake IMO. Anyway how's your sex life?

I get your points...

Irrelevant...

Just ignore what does not add nothing to you...

Anyway...I will continue to contribute with this forum.

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, auad said:

and??????

It's funny ... instead of posting interesting things, some people are looking for ways to denigrate other people's topics ...
Could learn some instrument or read a book ...

I'm already a master at the art of guitars. And I don't read books anymore.

Nothing really interesting to say really, there's no other reason for this to happen other than money. Even Mick Wall couldn't come up with the truth.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Too bad having The Dead Daisies didn't help Richard (and Dizzy) make that decision :(

Dizzy can stay, he's been a part of the band since before the illusions but yeah...Fortus could have and should have stuck with the dead daisies.

Edited by Billsfan

21 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Yup. Bumble on the other hand was very miserable because of the inactivity. As was Bucket and Robin. Those guys just love being musicians. They love making and sharing it with the rest of the world. its not just a job for them and that is commendable 

Absolutely! And I couldn't even blame Bumblefoot... He was in the band 8 years and barely even wrote or recorded anything. Axl wasted years of his career selfishly.

What i don't get is why this expose approach...'the true story', why would anyone think that there is a true story over and above whats been put forward?  This presumption that there's some sort of elaborate cover up of the truth, reconciliation, by it's very nature, is not really a spectacular thing, they don't happen with a bang, what story could you get as fans that would satisfy you?  'One day Axl was walking down the street and got struck by lightning and thought 'OMG, I'VE BEEN A CUNT TO SLASH ALL THIS TIME!'.  Perhaps at a certain age you just get tired of the bullshit?  It seems like there's a dissatisfaction with the fact that the truth is sort of underwhelming as a story.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, auad said:

I get your points...

Irrelevant...

Just ignore what does not add nothing to you...

Anyway...I will continue to contribute with this forum.

Sorry dude, what kind of contribution is this thread? You posted something that 1) has been posted before 2) Chances are that the story is bullshit.

If you manage to get new and truthful information. For sure everyone is going to appreciate that kind contribution.

• Like 1

Just now, Padme said:

Sorry dude, what kind of contribution is this thread? You posted something that 1) has been posted before 2) Chances are that the story is bullshit.

If you manage to get new and truthful information. For sure everyone is going to appreciate that kind contribution.

Just ignore what does not add nothing to you.

Thanks for the contribution

Just now, Len Cnut said:

What i don't get is why this expose approach...'the true story', why would anyone think that there is a true story over and above whats been put forward?  This presumption that there's some sort of elaborate cover up of the truth, reconciliation, by it's very nature, is not really a spectacular thing, they don't happen with a bang, what story could you get as fans that would satisfy you?  'One day Axl was walking down the street and got struck by lightning and thought 'OMG, I'VE BEEN A CUNT TO SLASH ALL THIS TIME!'.  Perhaps at a certain age you just get tired of the bullshit?  It seems like there's a dissatisfaction with the fact that the truth is sort of underwhelming as a story.

This

I would have guessed that fat piles of cash were responsible for bringing Axl & Slash back together.

At the end of the day, I suppose it sounds nice to say that this person or that was responsible for the reconciliation, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that cash and greed wasn't the main catalyst for the two reuniting. I say greed since they opted to give us non-GNR members, instead of classic era members that wanted to return, but didn't since Axl /Slash / Duff chose to low ball those individuals in order for them to get a bigger cut of the pie.

Edited by todreamofwolves
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2017 at 7:14 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

What did Axl say about Duff?

"The Duff that played these shows with us isn’t really the Duff that I knew from what I’d call “Old Guns” or the Appetite lineup or the Illusions lineup."

Once Duff did those South America shows and Axl stopped thinking about 1993-1997, they all moved forward.

• Like 2