PHIL RUDD Has Changed His Mind About AXL ROSE

blackieloveless

Former AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd says that he has changed his opinion about Axl Rose fronting the band.

Rudd was ousted from AC/DC when he was sentenced to eight months of home detention by a New Zealand court in 2015 after pleading guilty to charges of threatening to kill and drug possession.

The GUNS N' ROSES leader completed nearly two dozen shows with AC/DC last year after singer Brian Johnson, who joined in 1980 after the death of original vocalist Bon Scott, was told he was at risk of going deaf.

The controversial Rose-AC/DC pairing received mostly positive reviews, but not before Rudd panned the collaboration, claiming that he wouldn't have been willing to rejoin the band if Rose remained at the mic. "If Angus [Young, AC/DC guitarist] wanted me to play, then that's up to him," Rudd said last year. "But I don't really want to play with Axl Rose. I don't really rate him."

However, in a brand new interview with Music Radar, Rudd sang a different tune, explaining that he has "watched some clips the other day of Axl singing with the boys. I was surprised; it wasn't too bad. I was quite surprised, I thought he did quite well and that's not an easy gig, mate, it's not an easy gig at all. AC/DC is a tough gig for everyone in the band. I saw Angus jamming with GUNS N' ROSES as well. Apart from watching those clips though, I don't know what's going to happen or what's going on with the band."

Rudd also revealed that has "spoken to a couple of the guys" in AC/DC, but added: "I can't say what's on the horizon for AC/DC, I can't really say. That's not my thing to say. I have seen, though, that GUNS N' ROSES are playing over here in Wellington [New Zealand] soon and they have a big tour all over the world. I wonder whether Angus will be happy to see GUNS N' ROSES going out on a big tour which means that AC/DC can't go out on tour. We will see. You'd need a crystal ball to know what's going to happen there."

Rudd appeared to take responsibility for his dismissal from AC/DC, saying: "I was just being a fucking dickhead. I shot myself in the foot. You make your own bed, mate. You make your own mistakes and you have to deal with them and that is what I have done. Hindsight is 20/20."

Rudd, who has appeared on all but three of AC/DC's 18 studio albums, is getting ready for his first solo tour in support of his 2014 solo debut, "Head Job". It was the release of that album that led indirectly to Rudd's arrest, with the drummer allegedly so angry at a personal assistant over the way the record was promoted that he threatened to have the man and his daughter killed.

Rudd's replacement in AC/DC is Chris Slade, who also did a three-year stint with the group

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/phil-rudd-has-changed-his-mind-about-axl-rose-fronting-acdc-i-thought-he-did-quite-well/#85MCS0ByCVApUvzx.99 

• Like 2

"I was just being a fucking dickhead. I shot myself in the foot. You make your own bed, mate. You make your own mistakes and you have to deal with them and that is what I have done."

here is a sentence that none of us will likely ever hear from that guy (yeah, thats the one you are thinking about)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

"I was just being a fucking dickhead. I shot myself in the foot. You make your own bed, mate. You make your own mistakes and you have to deal with them and that is what I have done."

here is a sentence that none of us will likely ever hear from that guy (yeah, thats the one you are thinking about)

hahahaha that is sooooo hilarious! :lol:

• Like 1

no one has touched on the elephant in the room .... this came out just as gnr was hitting New Zealand , is that not where mr rudd lives ? .. so many things ran through my mind like ..

did axl and rudd meet up ? ...  is this the first step in phill coming back in the fold meaning more axl/dc in the future (please be yes!!!)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

no one has touched on the elephant in the room .... this came out just as gnr was hitting New Zealand , is that not where mr rudd lives ? .. so many things ran through my mind like ..

did axl and rudd meet up ? ...  is this the first step in phill coming back in the fold meaning more axl/dc in the future (please be yes!!!)

oh wow! that's exciting! :headbang:

• Like 1

On 1/31/2017 at 1:34 PM, blackieloveless said:

Former AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd says that he has changed his opinion about Axl Rose fronting the band.

Rudd was ousted from AC/DC when he was sentenced to eight months of home detention by a New Zealand court in 2015 after pleading guilty to charges of threatening to kill and drug possession.

The GUNS N' ROSES leader completed nearly two dozen shows with AC/DC last year after singer Brian Johnson, who joined in 1980 after the death of original vocalist Bon Scott, was told he was at risk of going deaf.

The controversial Rose-AC/DC pairing received mostly positive reviews, but not before Rudd panned the collaboration, claiming that he wouldn't have been willing to rejoin the band if Rose remained at the mic. "If Angus [Young, AC/DC guitarist] wanted me to play, then that's up to him," Rudd said last year. "But I don't really want to play with Axl Rose. I don't really rate him."

However, in a brand new interview with Music Radar, Rudd sang a different tune, explaining that he has "watched some clips the other day of Axl singing with the boys. I was surprised; it wasn't too bad. I was quite surprised, I thought he did quite well and that's not an easy gig, mate, it's not an easy gig at all. AC/DC is a tough gig for everyone in the band. I saw Angus jamming with GUNS N' ROSES as well. Apart from watching those clips though, I don't know what's going to happen or what's going on with the band."

Rudd also revealed that has "spoken to a couple of the guys" in AC/DC, but added: "I can't say what's on the horizon for AC/DC, I can't really say. That's not my thing to say. I have seen, though, that GUNS N' ROSES are playing over here in Wellington [New Zealand] soon and they have a big tour all over the world. I wonder whether Angus will be happy to see GUNS N' ROSES going out on a big tour which means that AC/DC can't go out on tour. We will see. You'd need a crystal ball to know what's going to happen there."

Rudd appeared to take responsibility for his dismissal from AC/DC, saying: "I was just being a fucking dickhead. I shot myself in the foot. You make your own bed, mate. You make your own mistakes and you have to deal with them and that is what I have done. Hindsight is 20/20."

Rudd, who has appeared on all but three of AC/DC's 18 studio albums, is getting ready for his first solo tour in support of his 2014 solo debut, "Head Job". It was the release of that album that led indirectly to Rudd's arrest, with the drummer allegedly so angry at a personal assistant over the way the record was promoted that he threatened to have the man and his daughter killed.

Rudd's replacement in AC/DC is Chris Slade, who also did a three-year stint with the group

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/phil-rudd-has-changed-his-mind-about-axl-rose-fronting-acdc-i-thought-he-did-quite-well/#85MCS0ByCVApUvzx.99 

Finally, and well said Mr. Rudd.

15 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

I think that's a bit of wishful thinking there. Even if Angus was interested in giving Phil another (third) chance with AC/DC, why would he send Axl to do the business for him?

The publishing time is nothing more than a coincidence - it was press for his upcoming Head Job dates. Also, the quote is "over here in Wellington [New Zealand] soon and they have a big tour all over the world." 

That would seem to suggest the interview took place well before it was published. Phil's lack of contact with the AC/DC camp in general probably means that him and Axl wouldn't even arrange to meet up for a beer or anything. That's not to say Phil didn't go check out Guns however...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I think that's a bit of wishful thinking there.Even if Angus was interested in giving Phil another (third) chance with AC/DC, why would he send Aim?xl to do the business for him

The publishing time is nothing more than a coincidence - it was press for his upcoming Head Job dates. Also, the quote is "over here in Wellington [New Zealand] soon and they have a big tour all over the world." 

That would seem to suggest the interview took place well before it was published. Phil's lack of contact with the AC/DC camp in general probably means that him and Axl wouldn't even arrange to meet up for a beer or anything. That's not to say Phil didn't go check out Guns however...

I think that's a bit of wishful thinking there ... i think there is a ton of wishful thinking there :P  

Even if Angus was interested in giving Phil another (third) chance with AC/DC, why would he send Aim?xl to do the business for him

i wouldn't say it was angus sending axl per se , more like the stars lining up in terms of geography , especially since phill voiced his displeasure on axl on vocals one could imaging angus saying to axl hey while your in new zealand have a meet up with phill and see if you think he is someone you would be able to work with / because insert reason on why  slade cant do it , a stretch absolutely but hey this is rock n roll .

as for the publishing timeline , ya i could also see the press asking that just because gnr were coming to his homeland even if what you said wasnt the case , but in the end i just want more AXL/DC at some point .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

I think that's a bit of wishful thinking there ... i think there is a ton of wishful thinking there :P  

Even if Angus was interested in giving Phil another (third) chance with AC/DC, why would he send Aim?xl to do the business for him

i wouldn't say it was angus sending axl per se , more like the stars lining up in terms of geography , especially since phill voiced his displeasure on axl on vocals one could imaging angus saying to axl hey while your in new zealand have a meet up with phill and see if you think he is someone you would be able to work with / because insert reason on why  slade cant do it , a stretch absolutely but hey this is rock n roll .

as for the publishing timeline , ya i could also see the press asking that just because gnr were coming to his homeland even if what you said wasnt the case , but in the end i just want more AXL/DC at some point .

yeah i agree more Axl/DC :headbang:

• Like 1

I do not know how people can like Slade more. I cannot think of a single Slade album that I like as much as a Rudd album. Razor's Edge is alright but nothing special - although some people love that album. All the great 'DC albums - Highway, Back in Black, Powerage, Let There Be Rock - indeed have The Rudd on drums, delivering a groove which allows Malcolm's riffs to slot in place. He is AC/DC's Charlie Watts, an indispensable component of the ''AC/DC sound''.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know how people can like Slade more. I cannot think of a single Slade album that I like as much as a Rudd album. Razor's Edge is alright but nothing special - although some people love that album. All the great 'DC albums - Highway, Back in Black, Powerage, Let There Be Rock - indeed have The Rudd on drums, delivering a groove which allows Malcolm's riffs to slot in place. He is AC/DC's Charlie Watts, an indispensable component of the ''AC/DC sound''.

exactly

the only likely explanation for someone to prefer Slade over Rudd is that said person was introduced to ACDC via Razors Edge and/or that double album ACDC live and/or any other Slade album with them

Phil Rudd is one of the key players in ACDC along with Malcolm and Angus, no one can replicate his (their) groove

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

exactly

the only likely explanation for someone to prefer Slade over Rudd is that said person was introduced to ACDC via Razors Edge and/or that double album ACDC live and/or any other Slade album with them

Phil Rudd is one of the key players in ACDC along with Malcolm and Angus, no one can replicate his (their) groove

And the Youngs would agree as they, citing the very same reasons, ones of groove and synergy, sacked Chris Slade - quite brutally it has to be said - and brought back Rudd prior to Ballbreaker.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

And the Youngs would agree as they, citing the very same reasons, ones of groove and synergy, sacked Chris Slade - quite brutally it has to be said - and brought back Rudd prior to Ballbreaker.

as i said before each to their own but skill wise my VERY talented musician BFF showed me that Slade was the superior drummer having the pedigree of having being sought out by many bands for his skills. JMO ( and my friends! :) )