DC Movie Universe is a mess

rocknroll41

The script he wrote for batman with Geoff Johns was recently rewritten by Chris Terrio, who wrote Argo and did rewrites for Batman v Superman and Justice League. However, the studio STILL isn't happy with it and, according to new reports, are currently looking for a new writer to come up with an entirely new story/screenplay from scratch. 

Matt Reeves is in talks for director of The Batman. Once confirmed I will make a new thread.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-batman-new-director-matt-reeves-ben-affleck-1201977575/

Loved his work in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which like The Batman was a followup of a reboot that had a diferent director. He is currently finishing post-production for War of the Planet of the Apes and he will be diving into The Batman right after. 

7 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Matt Reeves is in talks for director of The Batman. Once confirmed I will make a new thread.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-batman-new-director-matt-reeves-ben-affleck-1201977575/

Loved his work in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which like The Batman was a followup of a reboot that had a diferent director. He is currently finishing post-production for War of the Planet of the Apes and he will be diving into The Batman right after. 

Good luck to the man. I loved Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (my favorite film of 2014) so I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll direct batfleck 

Great now, there's reports that Affleck wants out of Batman. 

http://www.avclub.com/article/its-rumor-time-ben-affleck-wants-stop-being-batman-250293

Justice League would be his third and final film as Batman. Unless WB talks him into doing one more film the sand alone.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

This franchise was DOA. A shame, but it's true. I think they will keep on making these movies as long as they make half a billion each. Each movie will enter development, have a very controversial and negative production, will be released to critical panning, rinse and repeat until they finish their whatever story arc 

I enjoyed Man of Steel. Watched a downloaded version and liked it enough that I bought it and liked it even more on the re-watch. Didn't enjoy BvS really at all up until the last 30 minutes maybe, but I do want to re-watch it. Suicide Squad wasn't terrible; I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I was underwhelmed though. But again, I plan on watching it again soon.

I was surprised with Man of Steel. I've never been a big Superman fan, but I actually own Man of Steel.

I really need to go back and watch BvS again. I fell asleep during the movie at the drive-in. I own the extended Blu Ray, but haven't watched it yet. 

I thought Suicide Squad was ok. They did kind of advertise the Joker too much for his role and the story kind of sucked. 

3 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

I was surprised with Man of Steel. I've never been a big Superman fan, but I actually own Man of Steel.

I really need to go back and watch BvS again. I fell asleep during the movie at the drive-in. I own the extended Blu Ray, but haven't watched it yet. 

I thought Suicide Squad was ok. They did kind of advertise the Joker too much for his role and the story kind of sucked. 

They didn't really advertise it, so much as word of mouth revealed Jared Leto to be a psychopathic dickhead.

13 hours ago, James Bond said:

I'd be up for another Nolan/Bale Batman movie. I didn't care for TDKR but before that we had two excellent Batman films so I'd be all for that story continuing.

The thing about TDKR is that it had a REALLY good build up but deflated like a balloon towards the end when it became a race against a ticking hydrogen bomb. They couldn't top TDK but "killing" off Batman while leaving it open ended was a nice touch. But man, Marion Cotillard will never hear the end of her death scene. 

It makes me wonder what would happen if Health Ledger never died. There was no way they wouldn't bring back The Joker. Weird how they hardly mentioned him in TDKR if they did at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

It makes me wonder what would happen if Health Ledger never died. There was no way they wouldn't bring back The Joker. Weird how they hardly mentioned him in TDKR if they did at all. 

They were planning on bringing the joker back to the third movie even before they finished the script for The Dark Knight.

Matt Reeves has now dropped out of directing The Batman as well, just a week after reports said he was basically locked in to direct. Reeves supposedly said that Warner Bros "need to cool their heads."

but on the flip side, Mel Gibson confirmed he's in talks to direct Suicide Squad 2 which is...interesting...

4 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

I can't remember The Joker being mentioned in TDKR either. 

He wasn't. Nolan had said they made a conscious decision to not have the joker mentioned at all, as he felt doing so would've been "uncomfortable" due to Heath's death. 

While I wish ledger had stayed alive to be in the third film, in a way I think it's kinda cool that the joker's influence on the plot of TDKR is so strong without him having to actually be there, or even be mentioned.

i mean think about it. The reason Bruce Wayne/ Batman became a recluse, Gordon's life got all screwed up, and almost all the criminals and mobsters were locked away was because of what the joker did to Dent. Plus, the reason the criminals were eventually freed was because of the lie Batman and Gordon chose to cover up, which again wouldn't have happened had it not been for the joker.

So while he is never mentioned, his ghostly influence is still very much there.

BvS is on TV right now. The ONE scene they got really right imo is at the very beginning when you see Superman vs. Zod from Bruce's perspective. Its fucking great. Totally feels like a superhero 9/11 and sets the scene really well. I think the DCEU is a fucking mess and that all 3 movies have been pretty bad, but that one scene was very memorable to me.

Edit- Movie goes instantly to shit right after. Holy shit, I forget how terrible the editing is in this movie.

Edited by ZoSoRose