DC Movie Universe is a mess

rocknroll41

24 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yeah, but during all that chaos where was the Joker? He would have been freed right?

I don't know. They never mention Arkham at all, do they? I think they only mention Blackgate. Maybe if The Joker was freed, he was out plotting his next big heist. 

16 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

I don't know. They never mention Arkham at all, do they? I think they only mention Blackgate. Maybe if The Joker was freed, he was out plotting his next big heist. 

Joker is more than just a band robber. In the comics he filled entire grave yards. 

Just watched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Told in 2 parts but that was more story in 2 and a half hours than in BVS Ultimate edition's 3 hours.

39 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Joker is more than just a band robber. In the comics he filled entire grave yards. 

Just watched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Told in 2 parts but that was more story in 2 and a half hours than in BVS Ultimate edition's 3 hours.

I'm quite aware of who and what The Joker is. I've been a fan since I was five. "Next big heist" does not limit it to robbing banks. 

2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yeah, but during all that chaos where was the Joker? He would have been freed right?

According the the TDKR novelization, Joker was in Arkham. The patients there were not freed by bane. Only regular prisoners in regular prison were.

so for those whole 8 years, including the 5-month long events of TDKR and the end of the Nolanverse, Joker is just sitting in Arkham twiddling his thumbs the whole time. 

Now that I think of it, I kinda wish they at least hinted in TDKR that others would use the imagery of the joker, just like how in TDK we saw others using the imagery of batman. Plus, it's suggested at the very end that gordon-levitt would also adopt the imagery of batman. Doing something similar with joker-related imagery woulda tied back with the line "I think you and I are destined to do this forever." Which also fits with how there's been so many incarnations of these characters, with seemingly plenty more to come. So doing something like that woulda been nice and meta.

Edited by rocknroll41

I bet the bomb was written because The Joker had to be written out. Bane takes over Gotham, lets the city destroy itself, Batman comes back to save the city, Bane goes to Arkham and releases The Joker. The Joker kills a whole bunch of people forcing Batman to kill him.  Batman defeats Bane, fakes his own death and the people of Gotham are inspired to do good again.

8 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I bet the bomb was written because The Joker had to be written out. Bane takes over Gotham, lets the city destroy itself, Batman comes back to save the city, Bane goes to Arkham and releases The Joker. The Joker kills a whole bunch of people forcing Batman to kill him.  Batman defeats Bane, fakes his own death and the people of Gotham are inspired to do good again.

I think the writer, David Goyer, said that if ledger were still alive, his role in the third one would've been a Hannibal Lecter-type of role, where he's in jail the whole time and batman comes to visit him to try to get him to provide information that could possibly help him defeat whoever the new villain would've been. Then at the end, joker has an epic breaking-out-of-jail scene.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think the writer, David Goyer, said that if ledger were still alive, his role in the third one would've been a Hannibal Lecter-type of role, where he's in jail the whole time and batman comes to visit him to try to get him to provide information that could possibly help him defeat whoever the new villain would've been. Then at the end, joker has an epic breaking-out-of-jail scene.

I remember reading that. What could have been. 

• Like 1

New reports are saying that Jennifer Garner is now finalizing her divorce from affleck. Poor dude's life is falling apart.

also, according to the guy from Collider who broke the story on affleck wanting to quit batman altogether, apparently the studio no longer wants him playing batman either. The theory is that an announcement will be made soon claiming that affleck still loves the role, but then after justice league finishes its theatrical run in early 2018, a different announcement will be made saying that he's done.

Edited by rocknroll41

I actually didn't think Batman vs. Superman was as terrible as some people think. It was a mess at points, rushed with too many characters, predictable Hollywood troupes, and nonsensical... but it's par the course. I wasn't excepting a Nolan film. It wasn't great, but it's wasn't exactly the worst film of the year.

Suicide Squad though I didn't think was defensive-able. It was a terrible film that didn't need to be made and didn't make sense. Even worse CGI, bad acting, terrible villain, barely a plot and out of place music played in almost every other scene for no discernible reason. The Joker wasn't good, was barely in it and didn't need to be included. There was another character who's in all the scenes that only has 2 spoken lines in the whole thing that I remember. Seemed like the film was thrown together in a few weeks.

Suicide Squad made Batman vs. Superman look like the Godfather Part II imo.

Edited by AtariLegend

9 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Not a fan of Superhero scripts but Doctor Strange's visuals were stupendous. 

I could hit the bong and watch a few of those scenes in cycles. 

Visuals are top notch. But Doctor Strange's script is clunky. Felt like the actors had the potential to do more, but the script held them back. But it looks great, very enjoyable to look at and not a bad movie. I hope they make another with just a more compelling script.

Edited by Rovim

I'll probably never watch Suicide Squad. Still enjoy BvS a lot. Reeves joining The Batman is great news. Still have hopes. As messy as it is, the DCU is much more interesting than the formulaic Marvel movies.

Dr. Strange is the same movie as the first Iron Man. Just replace the money for magic.