GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

4 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

i realize i am going for useless post of the month here but , i thought you guys would have figured this out by now ... and now its kinda driving me crazy  , but i love a good mystery . hmmmmmm

I've been trying but these other bozos are too busy arguing about whether AFD should be remastered or not ;)

• Like 3

On 2/2/2017 at 6:24 AM, tsinindy said:

Can we talk about this?  Are you sure it's been up for "a few weeks"?

i also want to point out this billboard is different than the ones previously used that included a phrase like "patience" or "welcome to the jungle".

so that has to be significant in some way.

Yes I was out there January 14th to see a movie and saw it then.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 1:39 AM, -Jaro- said:

But... don't you want to hear it with Smurfette's layers all over it?

That's savage yo! Why u be throwin mad shade?!!! That's not lit fam. That's not dope AF! :P

Hahaha, Axl, what the fk were you thinking man?

1 hour ago, LA_0013 said:

There's kinda a limit to how much excitement is generated by a surprise billboard logo.

The secret LA gig last year, with the camera crews and people showing up etc, was very cool. 

Now, one year on, if there's a gig just announce it

Unless it's the AFD5...then it can be secret haha

3 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

There's kinda a limit to how much excitement is generated by a surprise billboard logo.

The secret LA gig last year, with the camera crews and people showing up etc, was very cool. 

Now, one year on, if there's a gig just announce it

No way....a secret AFD5 gig would be infinitely bigger than the Troubador secret gig and I don't think a billboard would be the key to finding out about it either.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It would completely undermine the NITL tour and the current band.

The NITL tour ends this year and then what happens after no one knows. As far as we know Slash and Duff signed a 1 year contract to tour in October last year..maybe that's all they agreed to do with this line up. I mean it appears Steven was supposed to be part of it and then his back broke and the Izzy thing didn't work out..chances are Slash and Duff will force Axl to make it happen or they're gone again.

I just don't see Slash agreeing to a record or future tours leaving out Izzy and Adler, and having a person in the band entirely dedicated to synths. Money after this tour is no longer an issue for any of them and that makes it extremely likely an agreement that will be cool with Izzy can be reached in the future. It could also be that Axl doesn't agree with that and that will be the end of it all. But that's why I'm seeing them this year :P

My train of thought is Duff and Slash wanted to do this because it's better than not doing it at this point, doing a tour with Axl for the fans atleast once more. An AFD 5 show for the 30th Anniversary of Appetite after this tour this year, maybe on 31th December I see as possible. It's possible the band GNR no longer exists since after the Vegas shows in 2014 and this current band is just a touring entity, an agreement for everyone for this tour and the future is undetermined as for the line up and new music.. Flat out saying no it won't happen is very naive IMO.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The NITL tour ends this year and then what happens after no one knows. As far as we know Slash and Duff signed a 1 year contract to tour in October last year..maybe that's all they agreed to do with this line up. I mean it appears Steven was supposed to be part of it and then his back broke and the Izzy thing didn't work out..chances are Slash and Duff will force Axl to make it happen or they're gone again.

I just don't see Slash agreeing to a record or future tours leaving out Izzy and Adler, and having a person in the band entirely dedicated to synths. Money after this tour is no longer an issue for any of them and that makes it extremely likely an agreement that will be cool with Izzy can be reached in the future. It could also be that Axl doesn't agree with that and that will be the end of it all. But that's why I'm seeing them this year :P

My train of thought is Duff and Slash wanted to do this because it's better than not doing it at this point, doing a tour with Axl for the fans atleast once more. An AFD 5 show for the 30th Anniversary of Appetite after this tour this year, maybe on 31th December I see as possible. It's possible the band GNR no longer exists since after the Vegas shows in 2014 and this current band is just a touring entity, an agreement for everyone for this tour and the future is undetermined as for the line up and new music.. Flat out saying no it won't happen is very naive IMO.

You make some valid points, but at the end of the day, we are just speculating. What we do know is that Axl has said that he wants this lineup to continue into the future, and that they are looking at new music. Couple this with Fortus' statements about writing material on the road, and i think this lineup is looking to be a more permanent fixture. Adding Steven and Izzy onto guest positions won't drastically change the makeup of the current band, nor anger fans. But if they were to reform for even one show, it could undermine support of the current band, and people would be annoyed that they paid hundreds of dollars for half a band.

I agree that there could very well be openings for Izzy and Steven in the future, but i don't think Slash would disagree to touring without them. I mean, we are talking about the guy who donned a glitter top hat and belted out SCOM with a pop/hip hop singer on live national TV...

In my honest opinion, it is just too hard to understand exactly how things will play out. Going on available evidence, however, it seems this lineup could last as it is. Especially since things are moving forward and they are enjoying it. Why lost more money by bringing Izzy and Steven on board, when people are already mostly content? I think a special 30th anniversary collection is more likely than an AFD5 show.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

22 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think it will continue periodically as a sort of album-less 'neverending tour', about four months per year, with Hudson and McKagan fitting in their solo projects in the intervals. 

53 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

You make some valid points, but at the end of the day, we are just speculating. What we do know is that Axl has said that he wants this lineup to continue into the future, and that they are looking at new music. Couple this with Fortus' statements about writing material on the road, and i think this lineup is looking to be a more permanent fixture. Adding Steven and Izzy onto guest positions won't drastically change the makeup of the current band, nor anger fans. But if they were to reform for even one show, it could undermine support of the current band, and people would be annoyed that they paid hundreds of dollars for half a band.

I agree that there could very well be openings for Izzy and Steven in the future, but i don't think Slash would disagree to touring without them. I mean, we are talking about the guy who donned a glitter top hat and belted out SCOM with a pop/hip hop singer on live national TV...

In my honest opinion, it is just too hard to understand exactly how things will play out. Going on available evidence, however, it seems this lineup could last as it is. Especially since things are moving forward and they are enjoying it. Why lost more money by bringing Izzy and Steven on board, when people are already mostly content? I think a special 30th anniversary collection is more likely than an AFD5 show.

This tour is grossing extremely fucking hard..losing money after this is all over doesn't matter to Slash imo..and choosing money over fans is not what I expect of him, he's not that dude. It's just he's said for years that it had to be right and everyone would have to be involved and for the right reasons, and now this is what we ended up with, 3 out of 5. I just don't see this situation Slash agreed to as being long term for him, this is not what he wanted. It just looks like this is the first step to get this all going again. He went and bought or had made a new AFD cross jacket and went out in the recent NZ shows with it, he knows how important those missing 2 are and he was still friends with Izzy as late as 2014 and he's not gonna sacrifice that friendship just to make money with GNR I think. And he knows how much Steven wants it, and how Steven wants the original magic of the 5.

Yes it's all speculation but I think there's enough pointers out there that point to that what we got right now is not set in stone. Axl may want it to continue like this, but he also wants to release an album written by a musicians no longer in the band and expects Slash and Duff to add parts to that music..that's probably not what Slash and Duff had in mind for a long awaited GNR record with them on it, working on songs written by their predecessors. I don't see how Axl is going to realize that album. When the tour is nearing the end he will realize that that's gonna be it as far as this tour and then he's gotta make a choice there.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Im not flat out saying it won't EVER happen.

Im flat out saying that billboard ain't advertising a surprise AFD5 gig when the tour breaks in July

Well then say that. "It wont be a secret AFD5 gig tho" is what you said. And I'm saying that saying that is naive. Now the way you specified it with the tour break in july I agree, it definitely won't be a gig before the tour ends.