GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

I hope we get another hint soon.

God.. This could mean so many wonderfull things..

This last "gnr year" lasted like 15 minutes.. It feels like troubador gig was last week. 

PLEEEASE GIVE US SOME OTHER HINT.  We're dieyin here 

3 hours ago, Fede said:

I rode my bike down Sunset Blvd. yesterday in West Hollywood, I found out the billboard and this is what I can say, the billboard is one block away Tower Records (the building that used to be), it means, 2 long blocks and a half away from Whisky a Go Go, and little bit further from Roxy, Rainbow and the former Geffen Records building, way far from Troubadour (2 miles maybe), The position of the billboard isn't the best, there are hundreds of billboards all around super visibles, this one is on top of a building in a difficult angle to see, I mean, is visible, but it's not one that you will hit your face with,  I read about the comparison between the cover of the brazilian promotional vinyl and the billboard design, I won't say it's a hint, now in Brazil, they are "fighting" with the rumors about Guns N' Roses in Rock in Rio 2017, some people confirmed the band will be playing but the Rock in Rio organization still denying any confirmation furiously, then, the So Fine promotional vinyl is all abut the Use Your Illusion Tour gigs that they played on December 1992, not the first two that they played in 1991 during Rock in Rio 91 when they didn't even played So Fine.

It's kind of stupid that the billboard its about playing or not in Rock in Rio 2017 (why the hell should they pay for advertising in LA?)

My bet is that maybe, if they play in the LA area soon, like the billboard suggest, they could play new music from an incoming album, just like they did in Rock in Rio 1991, when they played alive for the first time songs from the UYI's (except Civil War that they played at the Farm Aid) when the UYI's weren't even released. I think that because, let's be honest, I can't figure out how I felt if I pay to see the same show again, not just me but all the people who will pay (for sure).

Or, a new setlist (more Use Your Illusion's songs as the billboard suggest too)

Kh2kP1.jpg

igDLAa.jpg

RwYniO.jpg

This is some deep GNR CSI ...

• Like 2

Great work, @Fede

interesting theories.  I have a feeling this billboard is going fu stay like this for awhile and just when it's kinda forgotten about, it will be changed and that may help us determine what the intent of this particular board is.

Either that or other similar boards will start popping up in other locations and that may help.

46 minutes ago, Asia said:

What's the story with the promotional Brasilian vinyl? Is it old, from the Illusion days, was it re-issued?

The vinyl in Brazil came in a yellow box. Now this billboard has yellow background. Apparently fans in Brazil are speculating the billboard means they will play in RIR this year. But that theory doesn't make too much sense because the billboard can be seen in L.A. not in Rio. So far L.A. is the only city in the world with a new billboard

Edited by Padme
  • Like 1

The whole Rock in Rio/Brazilian So Fine press makes no sense at all.

All that I can think that relates to this yellow background is another Tower Records event. Maybe press, who know.

But Rock in Rio or Anything Brazil related? nop.
The so fine cover is just a generic cover to a radio single that wasnt released to general public.

only a new album will help them sell out some of these struggling NA leg 2 shows... i mean even izzy coming back wouldnt do it cuz lets face it, most ppl outside this forum could care less if hes there... but a new album with a radio single or two? id bet most shows for next summer sell out within days

that bullet logo on a plain yellow back ground would be a perfect album cover. bring it back to the basics. which is exactly what they should do with new music

Edited by Hollywood Gunner
  • Like 1

It wouldn't make sense for them to tease an AFD 30th anniversary surprise show yet since it's in July and it wouldn't really make sense for them to announce an L.A show for the summer leg either since they just announced the other US dates...

A tease of new music would be amazing, it probably isn't teasing that but it would be epic. These are some of the reasons to why i think that it could possibly be just that, but keep in mind that this is GN'R and this billboard could also mean nothing at all:

• The location - The billboard is very, very close to the old Tower Records building a building both connected with the NITL-lineup and the UYI release (which was the last time a GN'R album with more than one original member were released and at the time of the UYI albums release the only original members of Guns N' Roses left in the band were Axl, Slash and Duff).
  • The timing - They reunited last year, if they were to announce a new album this winter/spring it probably wouldn't be released until this fall/winter which is about how long after a reunion you would expect a reunion album to be released.
  • The color - Yes, this is a hell of a stretch but the So Fine promo single did have this color and this logo on it's cover. In other words a very similar picture has been used before to promote officially released studio material. If one were to stretch this even further the colors (yellow and red) of the billboard is also strongly connected with the Tower Records building.

hkOZ10L.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

only a new album will help them sell out some of these struggling NA leg 2 shows... i mean even izzy coming back wouldnt do it cuz lets face it, most ppl outside this forum could care less if hes there... but a new album with a radio single or two? id bet most shows for next summer sell out within days

that bullet logo on a plain yellow back ground would be a perfect album cover. bring it back to the basics. which is exactly what they should do with new music

From a marketing standpoint, I think people would dig the simple bleeding bullet on yellow.  However, Axl seems to obsess over album art, and I'd be surprised if he'd settle on something so simple, albeit effective. 

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

From a marketing standpoint, I think people would dig the simple bleeding bullet on yellow.  However, Axl seems to obsess over album art, and I'd be surprised if he'd settle on something so simple, albeit effective. 

yeah. kinda seems like axl has come to his senses lately though... plus, the decision isnt his alone anymore... people love the retro vibe... the casual fan would never know chinese democracy is even a gnr album at first glance

8 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

yeah. kinda seems like axl has come to his senses lately though... plus, the decision isnt his alone anymore... people love the retro vibe... the casual fan would never know chinese democracy is even a gnr album at first glance

Agreed.  I think this past year has helped Axl to embrace the past and GNR's history, instead of seemingly running from it like he did from 1998-2014.  I just know that after this year I'm going to "never say never" again when it comes to GNR.  I'm rooting for a new album, however unlikely it may be.

12 hours ago, Fede said:

It's kind of stupid that the billboard its about playing or not in Rock in Rio 2017 (why the hell should they pay for advertising in LA?)

Because maybe a billboard in LA, Guns N' Roses land, can create more noise and make people talk more than one in the middle of nowhere in Brazil. :shrugs:

When is RIR?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Agreed.  I think this past year has helped Axl to embrace the past and GNR's history, instead of seemingly running from it like he did from 1998-2014.  I just know that after this year I'm going to "never say never" again when it comes to GNR.  I'm rooting for a new album, however unlikely it may be.

might just be another greatest hits but imagine another bullet logo billbord with a blue background pops up lol how many tuesdays left in 2017?

3 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

might just be another greatest hits but imagine another bullet logo billbord with a blue background pops up lol how many tuesdays left in 2017?

The simple bullet logo would work well for a greatest hits too, but who knows?  Could be part of a larger "bullet on yellow" theme that could be revealed later on.  At this point, the sign could be promoting anything until we get some kind of clarification.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Because maybe a billboard in LA, Guns N' Roses land, can create more noise and make people talk more than one in the middle of nowhere in Brazil. :shrugs:

When is RIR?

Rock in Rio 2017 is on September, tickets will sale on April, today Lady Gaga announced her world tour and then RIR announced Lady Gaga in its line up, I mean, they waited until the artist announced the all tour, Guns N' Roses plays its last gig announced September 8th in Texas, RIR starts September 15th, very little time between the finish of the second American part and a new trip to South America, and I remember the director of the Download Festival said they tried to get them for their festival and get a negative because the management didn't want the band to play festivals but just by them selfs. 

Edited by Fede
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

It wouldn't make sense for them to tease an AFD 30th anniversary surprise show yet since it's in July and it wouldn't really make sense for them to announce an L.A show for the summer leg either since they just announced the other US dates...

A tease of new music would be amazing, it probably isn't teasing that but it would be epic. These are some of the reasons to why i think that it could possibly be just that, but keep in mind that this is GN'R and this billboard could also mean nothing at all:

• The location - The billboard is very, very close to the old Tower Records building a building both connected with the NITL-lineup and the UYI release (which was the last time a GN'R album with more than one original member were released and at the time of the UYI albums release the only original members of Guns N' Roses left in the band were Axl, Slash and Duff).
  • The timing - They reunited last year, if they were to announce a new album this winter/spring it probably wouldn't be released until this fall/winter which is about how long after a reunion you would expect a reunion album to be released.
  • The color - Yes, this is a hell of a stretch but the So Fine promo single did have this color and this logo on it's cover. In other words a very similar picture has been used before to promote officially released studio material. If one were to stretch this even further the colors (yellow and red) of the billboard is also strongly connected with the Tower Records building.

hkOZ10L.png

I don't think it's another gretest hits. What it could be is a package with a DVD from NILT, remaster/remixed all the albums, including CD with a couple of bonus songs, those songs could The General, Soul Monster or anything else from the vault. With no cherry picking, It's all or nothing. That's the only way Axl can sell more CD copies at this point. Still I think if it something like this, just one billboard in L.A. with the logo and not a single word to give us a hint. I'm leaning that it is something that is going to take place in L.A. only. Unless we see similar billboards in other places this month

• Like 3

I certainly hope, if this is promoting an upcoming release, that it's *NOT* for a greatest hits.  I think this tour certainly deserves an HD blu-ray release, short of a new album, of course.  So that would be cool, maybe including some interviews and extras.