GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

When I originally posted the similarities to the So Fine promo vinyl, I intentionally input wording about not saying it means anything, just saying it is a cool coincidence.  I mean it would be kind of a dumb thing to do on purpose in LA.  After all the only people that even know about that promo record are perhaps the more hardcore fans in Brazil and then the collectors around the world.  I will say this though.  What is interesting (to me) about the billboard is that the logo is slightly different.  Did they lose the original artwork and have to redesign it?  Doubtful, and even if they did, they could have just done a high quality scan of all the items from then that had that logo.  Another GNR mystery!

5 hours ago, Padme said:

The vinyl in Brazil came in a yellow box. Now this billboard has yellow background. Apparently fans in Brazil are speculating the billboard means they will play in RIR this year. But that theory doesn't make too much sense because the billboard can be seen in L.A. not in Rio. So far L.A. is the only city in the world with a new billboard

Thanks, and when did the vinyl come out? Years ago?

Just now, Padme said:

I guess so. I'm not in Brazil so I don't know exactly what and when things got released there 

Thanks. I just think that if they are referring to something that was issued like in the 90-s, it makes it all even more bizarre...

Right now, I think the safest bet is that this is promoting an upcoming L.A. show.  If more of these start popping up randomly in other big cities, we might be seeing the start of promotion for some kind of release.  We'll see!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

I was reading on blabbermouth about dave mustaine was excitied about opening for someone megadeth has never played with before in 2017 , a few guesses were GNR which surprised me , and i immediately  thought of this dam billboard , why i dont know just throwing this out there . 

Well Megadeth played with Guns at Donnington in 1988.   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Right now, I think the safest bet is that this is promoting an upcoming L.A. show.  If more of these start popping up randomly in other big cities, we might be seeing the start of promotion for some kind of release.  We'll see!

Even if they show up in other cities, I'd say they're still just to advertise other shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Even if they show up in other cities, I'd say they're still just to advertise other shows.

Could be.  I'm just noting that there's an obvious difference between the one shown in the photo in L.A. than the ones that were advertised as recently as a month ago, most notably the yellow background the lack of song lyrics "Patience" & "Welcome To The Jungle".  Could mean nothing.  We'll see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Could be.  I'm just noting that there's an obvious difference between the one shown in the photo in L.A. than the ones that were advertised as recently as a month ago, most notably the yellow background the lack of song lyrics "Patience" & "Welcome To The Jungle".  Could mean nothing.  We'll see.

That's what I said too. All the ones for shows on both 2 legs of the tour were black and had lyrics. This is something totally different looking.

Also the location- you'd think they'd put it out by a freeway if it was to sell a big show. Obviously this Sunset Blvd spot is significant somehow. 

The key is if any others like this one appear in other cities. But as long as this is a one of a kind, it interests the hell outta me.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

That's what I said too. All the ones for shows on both 2 legs of the tour were black and had lyrics. This is something totally different looking.

Also the location- you'd think they'd put it out by a freeway if it was to sell a big show. Obviously this Sunset Blvd spot is significant somehow. 

The key is if any others like this one appear in other cities. But as long as this is a one of a kind, it interests the hell outta me.

I hope it isn't something very exclusive, I don't think they could fill the Dodgers Stadium again, but I hope they don't play a venue for only 400 people (200 of them VIPs) last week I tried to get tickets to see Metallica at the Hollywood Palladium, I was ready online 5 minutes before the sale started and I couldn't get one, now resale have them for triple te price, I think Guns N' Roses could be worst.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fede said:

I hope it isn't something very exclusive, I don't think they could fill the Dodgers Stadium again, but I hope they don't play a venue for only 400 people (200 of them VIPs) last week I tried to get tickets to see Metallica at the Hollywood Palladium, I was ready online 5 minutes before the sale started and I couldn't get one, now resale have them for triple te price, I think Guns N' Roses could be worst.  

I don't think filling Dodgers stadium would be an Issue at all In my opinion, although I don't think the sign pertains to a show taking place there anyway. I believe they will end up playing a small Intimate venue.

13 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Same here.  Could be hinting at more surprise shows on the strip. The proximity to Tower Records is also interesting.  Hopefully it's some slow burn type gorilla marketing that ends up leading to some kind of release. 

17 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Same here.  Could be hinting at more surprise shows on the strip. The proximity to Tower Records is also interesting.  Hopefully it's some slow burn type gorilla marketing that ends up leading to some kind of release. 

A release in one city only? That billboard has been up there for several days already. Not even one other city has a similar billboard yet?